Snfc Maidstone Tuesday 25th June

sapper756

Guest Gareth Rankin

I reckon they should bring the doos back to Leicester The majority of the convoy are yearlings and 5 days in the basket will take its toll on them, never mind flying 380 miles into a head wind. Leicester, 260 miles , can maybe see some of them double back into Ypres.This would also help to get the race over with before the Gold cup marking omo .ps. Theres nobody hates it more than me when birds are brought back but common sense should apply here.

What's wrong with Cheltenham....pmsl

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thares no way thay should move to a shorter race point the birds should be ok and the SNFC should have something in plase to cover these events and i wonder if the lanarkshire doos will come up the west thare old rout as you say this week pmsl

Naw they will come right over your Tokyo dookit, pmsfl. You don't even blush being in section E, you and Elliot lol. The Lanarkshire doos must be coming onto there old route Tam, or you would be in lol.

Guest Blaydon Racer

Got to feel sorry for you blokes (and the pigeons )--we were at Billericay on Saturday which is about 20 mile from Maidstone -249 miles to my loft- they were doing 1600's and I had 30/30 within 40 mins

The UNC are at Melton Mowbray today and there is no word till 2-30 so the weather must be still bad

Got to feel sorry for you blokes (and the pigeons )--we were at Billericay on Saturday which is about 20 mile from Maidstone -249 miles to my loft- they were doing 1600's and I had 30/30 within 40 mins

The UNC are at Melton Mowbray today and there is no word till 2-30 so the weather must be still bad

ours been there since Friday Albert , no longer a race , will just be a homing exercise now .feed them & motivate them ,for what ,to sit it out :emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

ye the snrpc went friday and returns are good , good lot on shift but plenty in morning but not so fast with the south west wind as was exspected but doos working in till later as it was overcaste and got dark early .

The only way to sort things is put the Gold cup marking back, providing they get up tomorrow. Its ok saying they cant do that but you must consider the guys running the marking stations will have birds away to Maidstone also. Its a mess, although nobodys fault.

Guest Blaydon Racer

ours been there since Friday Albert , no longer a race , will just be a homing exercise now .feed them & motivate them ,for what ,to sit it out :emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

The thing is Andy if they liberate and you get a disaster it's their head on a plate--who would be a convoyer ? --they are in a no win situation.

The thing is Andy if they liberate and you get a disaster it's their head on a plate--who would be a convoyer ? --they are in a no win situation.

I must admit this is all new to me Albert .back in Wales at 360 mile we were over the channel . no chance of a liberation ,solution was to move the lib point ? I must also admit I am a pigeon lover not just a fancier ,I don't like the long hold-over situation ,its not for me or my birds .I have a choice ,and for the future ,I shall choose not to go with it :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

So what transporter are the gold cup birds going in or is it a secret , my dads in the masons ,so you can tell me lol. Come on lads someone must know ? Surely they can't put the blue riband race back .

So what transporter are the gold cup birds going in or is it a secret , my dads in the masons ,so you can tell me lol. Come on lads someone must know ? Surely they can't put the blue riband race back .

I was told earlier the central fed transporter was to be used but as Brian pointed out it's at Maidstone :emoticon-0126-nerd:

I was told earlier the central fed transporter was to be used but as Brian pointed out it's at Maidstone :emoticon-0126-nerd:

What other transporters are available to the snfc , I do hope that one of the lanarkshires wagons would be used .

wot happens if the doos are up tommorow as some guys with ets wont be able to take them out for hours to go mark for gold cup a they could mis there timmers from maidstone , looking unlikly i will be going to alemcon now either as only have one clock and its set for maidstone