Snfc Maidstone Tuesday 25th June

sapper756

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope so too Geordie with birds in basket so long the earliest lib is the best one - if it fills in tomorrow they are back in a basket which no-one wants.

Who'd be a convoyer/controller?

Hands up! :emoticon-0140-rofl:

next update at 1pm

so it will be tuesday for most of us in Ayrshire now either way - that is the way it goes. If its later than 1230 lib very slim chance of a bird tonight (would be 1015 onward) the wether must be very poor at lib site unfortunately

Seems like they are trying their level best to get a race today lets hope they are up

[/quote

you guys must have different website to me.there was no update at 11.40.it now says update at 1300

Are the birds still at Maidstone or are they on the move?

They can't be on the move but it would have been the best option if Maidstone isn't going to clear - just hoping it doesn't fill in - every forecast today showed a 95% chance of lib and no guarantees tomorrow any better - seems just that small corner hasn't cleared but nothing we can do about acts of God

best of luck all

The SNFC should have a contingency plan for these races over lapping. It an unfortunate situation the convoyers are in, they have to get back up the road and then go away to France, expletive remove they must be sh...ed.I reckon the Gold cup marking should be delayed for a day to help this. There should be at least a fortnight between races. Maybe a wee change at the AGM is needed to help these guys, then again, will there be any inland races next year??

The SNFC should have a contingency plan for these races over lapping. It an unfortunate situation the convoyers are in, they have to get back up the road and then go away to France, expletive remove they must be sh...ed.I reckon the Gold cup marking should be delayed for a day to help this. There should be at least a fortnight between races. Maybe a wee change at the AGM is needed to help these guys, then again, will there be any inland races next year??

The ferry has to be booked well in advance so it will be gold cup marking to-morrow night imo.

Does the transporter's need to get up the road for the gold cup?

Don't know m8 but im assuming the SNFC must have some alternative if they held over.

The ferry has to be booked well in advance so it will be gold cup marking to-morrow night imo.

No doubt about it, it will go ahead BUT every other organisation in Britain can delay there marking, so why not us?

Guest Gareth Rankin

If trucks run late for there ferry then you just jump on the next one, though the problem with Poole is that that there are only seven sailings per week, compared to Dover where you can catch one every few hours.

Would agree with Delboy, if lib is not until tomorrow then race marking for the gold cup should be put back 24 hours, and most likely they will still get a Friday liberation, otherwise it will be a shambles and in turn in will effect the gold cup entry.

exactly what I said in another post gareth.it will be a complete shambles if its not put back.we all knew on fri that the weather was going to be crap, so the snfc has had plenty of time to work behind the scenes for worst case scenario.

Was the option to move a few miles east or west an option to get a race today? Or is this not possible?

Praying it's good enough for a race tomorrow guys

Guest Gareth Rankin

Gareth Get your Quote in for the Gold Cup.

The deal is that we will pay the SNFC for the privilege to take the doos to the gold cup....lol

Quite sure there's another fed wagon on standby.

I reckon they should bring the doos back to Leicester The majority of the convoy are yearlings and 5 days in the basket will take its toll on them, never mind flying 380 miles into a head wind. Leicester, 260 miles , can maybe see some of them double back into Ypres.This would also help to get the race over with before the Gold cup marking omo .ps. Theres nobody hates it more than me when birds are brought back but common sense should apply here.

I reckon they should bring the doos back to Leicester The majority of the convoy are yearlings and 5 days in the basket will take its toll on them, never mind flying 380 miles into a head wind. Leicester, 260 miles , can maybe see some of them double back into Ypres.This would also help to get the race over with before the Gold cup marking omo .ps. Theres nobody hates it more than me when birds are brought back but common sense should apply here.

thares no way thay should move to a shorter race point the birds should be ok and the SNFC should have something in plase to cover these events and i wonder if the lanarkshire doos will come up the west thare old rout as you say this week pmsl