Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

400 to 450 miles to the guys in the north section

dont think there will be much birdage with y/bs if this was the case

we already fly leicester 318 to 360 miles

rough estimates to milage

Davie aberdeen marking station do they set ur clock when ur birds get basketed is all done one visit,

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very hard ta get across but defo the NATIONAL STATUS should be deleted from the heading of these inland races its a joke , most that mentions them its a good trainer for the french races well name it as a trainer ??

Hi Walter

its only good trainer 4 french races if you get them bak for main event, but as some agree that the returns can be poor, takin birds away from Main events, so would do away with extra races or just down grade inland ones to say ( hot spot races lik one loft races ) without the Nat status, so fanciers are nt loseing an option to race, know we can hav hard races from 60mile to 600 mile, but jmo dont think 300mile is enough of test of stamina for National, i aways thout up to 300mile sprinters, now that would be joke, if somone said to me this is my liecester or newbury winner, i would not think it was National winner, but if they handed me winner from Saintes Sartilly Noirt i would automatic think a big race winner, even tho our Fed used to still does to one in program, Another way to look at it, i would need good distants birds to conpete against middle distant winners or inland middle distant to beat Sprinters, jmo Ronnie

I have been reading and watching this thread with interest.

It seems that part of the discussion regarding sections has changed to one regarding race programme. Points have been made that 500 mile pigeons are few and far between. Inland Nationals are referred to and given the blame for this situation. Inland Nationals have also been referred to as training races and as such should no longer carry National status whilst still being on the programme of the National Club.

A very salient point, I thought, was raised by Rab Anderson. He reminisced about Federations combining for these Inland races and expanded on the merits of these combine races.

From my limited memory and also from a viewpoint of one who is not even ready for Inland Nationals, I remember Federations convoying their own birds to all races within the UK and also 1 French race. Would I be correct in assuming that this Federation training led all birds back to the same area and this is the reason that yearlings were sent to the Federation French race. As 2YO these birds became the loft's National candidates and wre part of the team attempting Rennes, Nantes and National Avranches at which races they may be dragged across country, but the hope was that their previous Federation experience would stand them in good stead thus preventing this happening.

If I am correct in this statement, I believe we begin to see the crux of the problem regarding the lack of 500 milers. These birds have disappeared because of money. As Rab stated, the drop in fancier numbers has forced Federations to Combine. Whilst increasing the area this still remained as fairly local areas. Progressing from this, the National took on the Inlands and all chance of our younger birds gaining valuable experience decreased. The drag all over the country had begun.

If this is correct, then the National should, if it wishes or if it remains necessary to retain the Inlands, use Regional transporters and use several releases. In other words, act as the old combines, thus cutting this drag. The short Channel event, Ypres I thinnk, could be used to blood the yearlings and be a regional liberation also.

If there is any merit in this thinking, I am sure the knowledgeable, experienced fanciers could fine tune it and come up with a workable solution.

I have been reading and watching this thread with interest.

It seems that part of the discussion regarding sections has changed to one regarding race programme. Points have been made that 500 mile pigeons are few and far between. Inland Nationals are referred to and given the blame for this situation. Inland Nationals have also been referred to as training races and as such should no longer carry National status whilst still being on the programme of the National Club.

A very salient point, I thought, was raised by Rab Anderson. He reminisced about Federations combining for these Inland races and expanded on the merits of these combine races.

From my limited memory and also from a viewpoint of one who is not even ready for Inland Nationals, I remember Federations convoying their own birds to all races within the UK and also 1 French race. Would I be correct in assuming that this Federation training led all birds back to the same area and this is the reason that yearlings were sent to the Federation French race. As 2YO these birds became the loft's National candidates and wre part of the team attempting Rennes, Nantes and National Avranches at which races they may be dragged across country, but the hope was that their previous Federation experience would stand them in good stead thus preventing this happening.

If I am correct in this statement, I believe we begin to see the crux of the problem regarding the lack of 500 milers. These birds have disappeared because of money. As Rab stated, the drop in fancier numbers has forced Federations to Combine. Whilst increasing the area this still remained as fairly local areas. Progressing from this, the National took on the Inlands and all chance of our younger birds gaining valuable experience decreased. The drag all over the country had begun.

If this is correct, then the National should, if it wishes or if it remains necessary to retain the Inlands, use Regional transporters and use several releases. In other words, act as the old combines, thus cutting this drag. The short Channel event, Ypres I thinnk, could be used to blood the yearlings and be a regional liberation also.

If there is any merit in this thinking, I am sure the knowledgeable, experienced fanciers could fine tune it and come up with a workable solution.

This post is exactly what I was attempting to achieve and why I started the post on destruction.

4 distance races now would not pay the wages of the nat, it has grown into a monster pacman and that is just for admin, it just eats up all the funds, and with most guys sending teams of no more than 8 birds to the nats as it has shown, the gold ring race

might extend to 6, 000 birds max averaging 6 birds per member 1000 members x 6 birds = 6,000 the other over sea races are only getting about 1,500 birds time to regroup and sort out why the big loses most say it not the bop that is taking them all

one thing for sure they don't turn up the next day, week , or year. but every one of them web cams see 3 - 4 birds go in every nest to feed every day.

Danny sometimes i winner if yer on the right wave length , every time these inland races comes up its we cant de with oot them they are the back bone for funds , send 4. 000 birds ta the 1st inland race at £2 50 = £10. 000 the SNFC gold cup1200 birds at £6 = £ 7. 200 now danny thats £2 800 difference Now leave the these inland races ta there ain feds just say fer the 2 inland races ,dont tell me that out o, 8 or nine thousand birds there wont be 2 , 000 that wont be able ta go ta ypres + another 2, 500 thats 4, 500 birds at £3 = £13, 500 does that not register danny THE SNFC DISNA NEED ONY NEEDLESS RACES AND THATS YER STUPID SECTIONS SORTED along we the mickey mouse races ?

Danny sometimes i winner if yer on the right wave length , every time these inland races comes up its we cant de with oot them they are the back bone for funds , send 4. 000 birds ta the 1st inland race at £2 50 = £10. 000 the SNFC gold cup1200 birds at £6 = £ 7. 200 now danny thats £2 800 difference Now leave the these inland races ta there ain feds just say fer the 2 inland races ,dont tell me that out o, 8 or nine thousand birds there wont be 2 , 000 that wont be able ta go ta ypres + another 2, 500 thats 4, 500 birds at £3 = £13, 500 does that not register danny THE SNFC DISNA NEED ONY NEEDLESS RACES AND THATS YER STUPID SECTIONS SORTED along we the mickey mouse races ?

walter on one of your races where you take in £13,000 its all gone on admin

the nat uses the wda, and the unc, to ferrry birds and if it wasnt for them they would have no races at all at times, you are flying plenty far enough at times but its alot worse flying for nothing and never likley to win the open.

may i suggest you give £4,000 to the Scottish homing union to do all yer admin for you after all they hold your info and the ones they aint got will soon let them know.

walter on one of your races where you take in £13,000 its all gone on admin

the nat uses the wda, and the unc, to ferrry birds and if it wasnt for them they would have no races at all at times, you are flying plenty far enough at times but its alot worse flying for nothing and never likley to win the open.

Thats another thing that should have been ironed out long long ago there was none stop collections taken from snfc members ta buy a new lorry for our birds, nothing has ever been done , it was always kicked into touch and there should be a box made ta put onto the back o a lorry and used for french races , so we just hire a lorry for the channel races and hitch our transporter ta the dolly , what use is 1 hundred and 20 thousand lying in a bank plenty time ta raise funds when needed give the birds the comfort they deserve at the long races?

Davie aberdeen marking station do they set ur clock when ur birds get basketed is all done one visit,

if on ets then your clocks are done at the aberdeen marking station

but if on manual clocks they can be done at aberdeen or at the banff clock station

if on ets then your clocks are done at the aberdeen marking station

but if on manual clocks they can be done at aberdeen or at the banff clock station

Cheers Davie clearing that up, and learnt somthing new concerning use manual clocks,Banff 36mile

coz Aberdeen 130 mile round trip, P*sh Road, wiz that big Jelopy mouchin again day :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

YES YOU ARE RIGHT THERE WALTER hire a truck for 5 races no worries if it breaks doon get another right away if you use the big companies they geraldi's can have them units removed and put in to storage its the sensible route to take if your not spending give the members back £1,000 each

Cheers Davie clearing that up, and learnt somthing new concerning use manual clocks,Banff 36mile

coz Aberdeen 130 mile round trip, P*sh Road, wiz that big Jelopy mouchin again day :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

would like to know the feelings of SNFC members in midlothian,east of scotland,pentland,dundee feds and trapraine club as to the above proposed changes??

they cant work out the grid line

would like to know the feelings of SNFC members in midlothian,east of scotland,pentland,dundee feds and trapraine club as to the above proposed changes?? :huh::huh::002:

I,m sec of the East of Scotland Fed and also on the National Committee and I,m totally against this as it puts some of my members into another section. Also think clowns who are not members should not be commenting on this. Also If this does go through I wont be getting out my bed to do clocks or run marking stations next year, I,ll just come up and stand around like the majority do.