Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

Guest Gareth Rankin

I disagree Gareth

He was caught becasue someone took the time to stay through the duration of the marking.Nothing to do with it being central,regional or any other al.

Was there a time when the SNFC would send out letters of invitation to markers??

If anything this would increase security having a few people in the markin station from start to finish.

Would only help a little about the invitation letters being sent out, but its amazing how some people can worm there way into positions were they can abuse and cheat there fellow fanciers.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would only help a little about the invitation letters being sent out, but its amazing how some people can worm there way into positions were they can abuse and cheat there fellow fanciers.

If I had my way every fancier could put their own doos through,under supervision of course.Personally I can see no security issues under this format and it would give the fancier greater peace of mind.

I purposely take note after each marking night of who marked and handled our doos at the nationals.I have no complaints, but it would be a shame for a fancier to lose a years work in the last few seconds to basketting due to a handler perhaps putting his hand somewhere on the bird he shouldn't.

On the other side of the coin and far less harmful are the handlers that have the wings open and near enough the eyeglass oot :emoticon-0136-giggle: Its no a show,get the doo in the basket :lol:

2007 sent 208

2008 sent 217

2009 sent 285

2010 sent 212

2011 sent 179

Davie Thats more than is sent ta the SNFC longest race NOVO 10 how much do your sec send ta tours ? Bit if there was a fair race from oslo ever passed i know you would be a none starter ; na need fer arguing ower sections jest a hard race fer a CHAMPION DOO ??? Bit the north lads will send to newbury why not the easy north sec

Guest chad3646

If I had my way every fancier could put their own doos through,under supervision of course.Personally I can see no security issues under this format and it would give the fancier greater peace of mind.

I purposely take note after each marking night of who marked and handled our doos at the nationals.I have no complaints, but it would be a shame for a fancier to lose a years work in the last few seconds to basketting due to a handler perhaps putting his hand somewhere on the bird he shouldn't.

On the other side of the coin and far less harmful are the handlers that have the wings open and near enough the eyeglass oot :emoticon-0136-giggle: Its no a show,get the doo in the basket :lol:

i agree with you there about the handling of the birds .at the marking station in airdrie i handed the birds over to this guy the next thing the wings are open looking in theeye it was on the tip of my tongue to say just put it in the fecking basket. on the other issue about putting the birds in the basket yourself thats when they would start talking after the race

no one should have a problem about tighten security up . jmo

i agree with you there about the handling of the birds .at the marking station in airdrie i handed the birds over to this guy the next thing the wings are open looking in theeye it was on the tip of my tongue to say just put it in the fecking basket. on the other issue about putting the birds in the basket yourself thats when they would start talking after the race

Why should this be the case though??

Its done in certain parts of Europe.If there is someone watching a fancier ring and swipe their doos then put it in a basket.How can it be less secure??

You'd have to be Dynamo Magician Impossible to crack it :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I can't see this ever happening in this country, only stating something that I would like to see happen and in a way help with security.

yes when they do that it is not good , had that happen at club looking at wing eye doon its throat and fanning the tail , telt him he was there to put the rubber ring on no judge it for handlin and eye sign and to put it in the *expletive removed* baskett .most guys know the score and dont do this to others birds . I would never open a birds wing or beak at marking station as like to gt bird from one baskett to the other with as little stress as poss

not suggesting anything just pointing it out ,

can you tell me the security advantages central marking brings??

Can see advantages in as much as the doos are spread through the baskets better and no fancier will get a whack ae doos in the same basket

Can see disadvantages in its no easy to get to for a lot of the members and central marking today compared to say 10 years ago would mean central clock checking due to ETS unless a lot of base station are used and divied up over the country.Would be a bit of a chore taking a day to come a clear a clock if ye hadnae timed in.

Not trying to be a smart**se John, I'd just like to hear the security advantages/differences central marking would bring,compared to the way it is at present.I am toiling to think of any,but if there are some and it will improve security in the races I'd be more than happy to vote for it

can you tell me the security advantages central marking brings??

Can see advantages in as much as the doos are spread through the baskets better and no fancier will get a whack ae doos in the same basket

Can see disadvantages in its no easy to get to for a lot of the members and central marking today compared to say 10 years ago would mean central clock checking due to ETS unless a lot of base station are used and divied up over the country.Would be a bit of a chore taking a day to come a clear a clock if ye hadnae timed in.

Not trying to be a smart**se John, I'd just like to hear the security advantages/differences central marking would bring,compared to the way it is at present.I am toiling to think of any,but if there are some and it will improve security in the races I'd be more than happy to vote for it

well lewis i dont know you but do your results ,and as advantages ur not that silly 2 see what they are ? or ur just being very cleaver

well lewis i dont know you but do your results ,and as advantages ur not that silly 2 see what they are ? or ur just being very cleaver

Lost you now John :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Don't know about being very clever,maybe being very stupid as I can't see what differences it will bring security wise compared to the way it is now :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Like I said if its raised at the AGM and good reasons given as to how it will improve security I will happily put my hand up for it.

Will leave it at that,as we're goin over old ground

Lost you now John :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Don't know about being very clever,maybe being very stupid as I can't see what differences it will bring security wise compared to the way it is now :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Like I said if its raised at the AGM and good reasons given as to how it will improve security I will happily put my hand up for it.

Will leave it at that,as we're goin over old ground

all the best in 2013

have got to agree,the days when most doomen waited all weekend to get (or maybe not) a channel doo home have long since past,stacks of fanciers want day coastal racing and the SNFC can and should continue to cater for all,racing from 300miles to 600miles!!!!! :partick-thistle-Crest:

understand wit ur say,n but does day coastal racing fit in National program ?? Horse Grand Nat is ran at 4 1/2 miles beyond normal 3 1/2 miles races, thats while Called Grand Nat, not many races at that distance , but most clubs hav 300m races in thier program, so do you think 300m justifys Nat statis, our yb program to nth allerton is 240m, but if we went to yb Nat think it goes up to 380miles whitch mit be more than the winner of 1st inland ob nat,

but understand cost side of it, an 500milers few an far, just a thout, ATB 2013 Everybody,

understand wit ur say,n but does day coastal racing fit in National program ?? Horse Grand Nat is ran at 4 1/2 miles beyond normal 3 1/2 miles races, thats while Called Grand Nat, not many races at that distance , but most clubs hav 300m races in thier program, so do you think 300m justifys Nat statis, our yb program to nth allerton is 240m, but if we went to yb Nat think it goes up to 380miles whitch mit be more than the winner of 1st inland ob nat,

but understand cost side of it, an 500milers few an far, just a thout, ATB 2013 Everybody,

Its very hard ta get across but defo the NATIONAL STATUS should be deleted from the heading of these inland races its a joke , most that mentions them its a good trainer for the french races well name it as a trainer ??

Which is the best doo Walter. One which wins from the south coast into a north east wind flying 400 miles at 1050ypm or a doo flying from say Ypres maybe 500 miles in a sou west wind at 1650ypm

Jade its not about the best doo its about fairness of region changes and i made the point of replying to ramc post which i agreed with that this under mines the status of the SNFC why can a inland race be in the same caliber as an over the channel race its ridiculous ? But you ask me which was the best doo well that is easy YPRES for me the inland races is so one sided i dont send ta them as in my mind as ive stated nationals should be what it was started for french races i only keep 24 old birds including yearlings and in our fed racing, plenty good races up ta 500 miles, and i would like ta see the north fanciers having pools introduced for the hastings race for more incentive as the fed need ta be catered for and all birds flying with in 30miles radious jmo ?

Jade its not about the best doo its about fairness of region changes and i made the point of replying to ramc post which i agreed with that this under mines the status of the SNFC why can a inland race be in the same caliber as an over the channel race its ridiculous ? But you ask me which was the best doo well that is easy YPRES for me the inland races is so one sided i dont send ta them as in my mind as ive stated nationals should be what it was started for french races i only keep 24 old birds including yearlings and in our fed racing, plenty good races up ta 500 miles, and i would like ta see the north fanciers having pools introduced for the hastings race for more incentive as the fed need ta be catered for and all birds flying with in 30miles radious jmo ?

Interesting reply

Guest chad3646

Which is the best doo Walter. One which wins from the south coast into a north east wind flying 400 miles at 1050ypm or a doo flying from say Ypres maybe 500 miles in a sou west wind at 1650ypm

you cant compare that

JADE who has these doos, that can fly under 9 hours from a 500 mile race, can you let me know 8 HOURS 49 MIN

who has such birds.