Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed up a seconder last year and sh*t out,but don't intend on doing the same this year.

Would like to bring a proposal for four cross channel races,with no inland events to the floor at the SNFC AGM 2014.

If it gets gubbed then at least I can say I have tried,instead of feeling like I felt after last week's meeting :emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0136-giggle:

I would vote for tis as well ,and pos a y,b national as well ?

And Gareth's line is a better start than what was put before us on Saturday , after all most of us do race south east to north west do we not ?

I just wished those who voted for inland Nationals had the same enthusiasm for bringing back Combine racing and leave us who want 500+ miles racing alone to get on with it. What peed me off was people who voted for inland racing who never participate across the DUB upsetting my enjoyment.

i will be votin to keep inland national the first one and we go to every national do you go

Hi lads, this issue about East vs West will run forever, but looking at it from a different angle, I think everyone can agree that the birds if you pin point the line of flight for 99% of the races the birds are coming up the east coast, this is a Fact I'm sure we can all agree on.

Now the way I see it using the advantage / disadvantage Stirling vs Larkhall for arguments sake, as the birds home via the East coast, then Stirling is approx. 10 miles from Kincardine.

Stirling is approx. 25 miles from Inverkiething.

Stirling is approx. 35 miles from Kircaldy, which is due East.

Larkhall is Approx. 100miles from Berwick upon Tweed which is due East.

Larkhall is approx. 40 miles from Edinburgh.

Larkhall is approx. 35 miles from Bo ness.

I think the advantage that Stirling and surrounding areas get over Larkhall and surrounding areas is due to the fact that they are much closer to the East coast where the birds are homing from and the longitude has nothing to do with it.

I hope this gives food for thought and keeps a healthy debate going in good spirit.

Cheers Peter

I've spoken to some others who are behind the idea,so we're spoiled for choice :emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0136-giggle:

why not have 3 sections east/central/ west/ measure from dunbar to greenock as that takes in most of fanicers in the centre belt. 87ml in length split in to 3 x29ml sections. west wind helps the boys on the east side section. east winds then that would help west side.

west section=greenock/cumbernauld. central section= cumbernauld/ morningside edinburgh. east section= morningside edinburgh/dunbar

In the interest of fairness sprint racing inland does not tickle my fancy as I see it as meaningless races. I have scored from them before and after developing a winning streak over the dub I lost all interest in them. I am well aware that not all are like me however Combine racing has all but dissapeared which catered for your needs without it impunging on my preferance. The SNFC has destroyed in my opinion in its quest for income robbing Federations and Combines so those up the East coast could take all or most open positions. The Y/B National is a joke and always has been and fortunately it will be my preferance not to compete in them as I will not be party to the destruction of long distance racing in Scotland.

why not have 3 sections east/central/ west/ measure from dunbar to greenock as that takes in most of fanicers in the centre belt. 87ml in length split in to 3 x29ml sections. west wind helps the boys on the east side section. east winds then that would help west side.

west section=greenock/cumbernauld. central section= cumbernauld/ morningside edinburgh. east section= morningside edinburgh/dunbar

Wot about the south?

Sorry Davey never seen the bottom bit LOL thought you were going for the four sections North,south,east and west?? Quite like that idea?

Wot about the south?

Sorry Davey never seen the bottom bit LOL thought you were going for the four sections North,south,east and west?? Quite like that idea?

steven its the open what counts for me if there good enough they will win no matter were your are on the right day. the daft thing is there are more nat winners in the south than anywhere else in scotland . good pigeon men everwhere in scotland. its the ones that cant win do all moaning.

Jade can you expand a little bit on to facts that i have posted ??

Thanks

The dog leg comment was a joke but if your sense of humour has gone awol I apologise. Been having a look at a map and was thinking if the sections were to be south east to north west how about this suggestion. I drew a line across Scotland due west of Berwick on Tweed. Mark a centre point on that line then draw a line from Eastbourne through the centre point. How would that do for a division between West and East. Sorry dont have the intellegence to put up a map with lines on it

Hi lads, this issue about East vs West will run forever, but looking at it from a different angle, I think everyone can agree that the birds if you pin point the line of flight for 99% of the races the birds are coming up the east coast, this is a Fact I'm sure we can all agree on.

Now the way I see it using the advantage / disadvantage Stirling vs Larkhall for arguments sake, as the birds home via the East coast, then Stirling is approx. 10 miles from Kincardine.

I think the advantage that Stirling and surrounding areas get over Larkhall and surrounding areas is due to the fact that they are much closer to the East coast where the birds are homing from and the longitude has nothing to do with it.

I hope this gives food for thought and keeps a healthy debate going in good spirit.

Well said Bullcock, good constructive post and along the same lines as my own thoughts .

Great post,nail on the head.

If our birds came up the forth nobody in Stirling would ever score in the nats, you should not fear us

I am sure the birds come up the east coast and the north birds cross at the fourth and the west birds come in along the fourth before dog legging back into the west that is why the west can be so far behind the east birds, and when the Stirling area birds get to the fourth they carry on straight home from their.

If the Stirling birds where homing from further inland then the west birds would be in before or at the same time as them, not miles later.

(my exact birdage and dates might be a bit out but the point is still a valid one)

The young bird National is a good example of the line of flight and about two years ago Karen Newcome time about 50 birds in Jig time the birds were tumbling in up the east coast, but still the west was late Tam Richardson times about 15 out of 16 in half an hour which was fantastic, but he was about 1 1/2 hours behind Karen? these birds where homing and should have been home approx. 45min after Karen and the rest of the east coast convoy, so why did these birds and everyone else in the west coast birds take so long to home?

Where do they go to for about an hour before arriving in the west, this happens at every young bird national there are birds in Aberdeen before not even one bird is in the west, why ?

Guest Gareth Rankin

I am sure the birds come up the east coast and the north birds cross at the fourth and the west birds come in along the fourth before dog legging back into the west that is why the west can be so far behind the east birds, and when the Stirling area birds get to the fourth they carry on straight home from their.

If the Stirling birds where homing from further inland then the west birds would be in before or at the same time as them, not miles later.

(my exact birdage and dates might be a bit out but the point is still a valid one)

The young bird National is a good example of the line of flight and about two years ago Karen Newcome time about 50 birds in Jig time the birds were tumbling in up the east coast, but still the west was late Tam Richardson times about 15 out of 16 in half an hour which was fantastic, but he was about 1 1/2 hours behind Karen? these birds where homing and should have been home approx. 45min after Karen and the rest of the east coast convoy, so why did these birds and everyone else in the west coast birds take so long to home?

Where do they go to for about an hour before arriving in the west, this happens at every young bird national there are birds in Aberdeen before not even one bird is in the west, why ?

Pigeons into Karens are sprinting especially when they are only flying 5 hours, time on the wing then slows the young birds flying west especially when its back into a west wind. JMO

Pigeons into Karens are sprinting especially when they are only flying 5 hours, time on the wing then slows the young birds flying west especially when its back into a west wind. JMO

First time I sent to Alencon, I noticed from the map that it was almost due south of London, in other words it's nearly on the meridian, 0 degrees, 0.0931 E to be exact. When I had a look at the map references in the region proposal, it struck home that as far as the central belt (east to west, coast to coast) is concerned every bird in the convoy flies west even from Leicester which is a little over 1 degree W, 1.1258 to be exact. Dunbar is 2.5227 W, Edinburgh is 3.2200 W, Falkirk is 3.8423 W, Stirling is 3.9397 W, and Motherwell is 3.9852 W. I think that shows that Stirling and Falkirk lie a lot closer to Motherwell than they do Edinburgh or Dunbar, and we are all flying in to the exact same wind.