Larkhall Loft Burned Down

Guest Gareth Rankin

Guest Gareth Rankin

Was saddened and disgusted to hear that in the early hours of this morning club member Davie Cross 80+ years of age had his loft burned down killing 11 remaining doos in the 24 foot Loft, 6 young birds were at the race and had nowhere to go after returning home.

Police are involved but no doubt they wont put many man hours into finding who done it.

heartbroken for the man

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was saddened and disgusted to hear that in the early hours of this morning club member Davie Cross 80+ years of age had his loft burned down killing 11 remaining doos in the 24 foot Loft, 6 young birds were at the race and had nowhere to go after returning home.

Police are involved but no doubt they wont put many man hours into finding who done it.

heartbroken for the man

*expletive removed* *expletive removed* Gareth, Poor old fella. Hope he can start again but at his age will he?

He can have a pair o ybs frae me nae bother.

Gutted for the old boy!!!

heartbroken for the man

beyond belief realy sad

Guest TAMMY_1

heartbroken for the man

absolutely sickening act

Guest Gareth Rankin

Gareth keep us informed am sure we could get a loft up for him in a couple of weeks if we rally round and help the old guy out if he wants to re build

Agree Frank,

members on Basics have always been generous in these circumstances, i will find out over the next few days if he is to carry with the doos and if so will get something started.

Cheers

Gareth

Guest yorkshire terrier 77

i cant get my head round the fact people do this !!!!! what sort of sick f**ks do this???? makes my blood boil. this poor guy will never get over this , he must be devastated. i hope they get caught and they should be made to pay . and be publicly humiliated . i hope the guy gets started again if he can face it.

I know exactly what he is going through after experiencing the same thing over 3 years ago. Believe you me, i,m still not over it even after only being in the sport for 3 years when it happened. It will be 100 times worse for this elderly gent if he has been in and about the sport for a long time, and at his age, it will all be too easy to through in the towel, and i wouldnt blame him. Here to help if needed.

Regards alex.

heartbroken for the man

Sorry to read of such news Gareth ,I will gladly donate a set of boxes and perches if he wishes to restart ,time this country reintroduced the birch would solve the problem overnight.