The Auld Alliance

ALF

I dont believe the negative comments on this 600ml race.

Let them that want to send to it just send quite simple.

Them that dont, just sit back n watch and twiddle yer thumbs! :drinking-coffee-200:

100% right.

Let those that daren't keep their peace. Indeed WHAT right do these so-called Fancier have? Why do they belittle, or spout disregards of those trying to help the sport? Think many terms could apply here. Not least jealousy and fear in their ability and they are overpriced pigeons they've bought. Those pampered and molly-coddled for fear of losing. Money lol so-called investments lol

Simply put, pigeons have been tested regularly to about 30 years ago. Built the reputation and brought the best out of them! All great strains, go back to the fact that they were/are from a proven distance and had day pigeons.

Let those who wish to go for a 600 miler do so, without the jealousy of those who fear. Those that breed culls year in and year out filling the churches, and town centres, with their' fodders of discards, ' should be rejected. At significant expenses too.

Edited by Roland

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The race has been offered for this year and that is what we should be aiming for, however, it should not be left to the committee to decide if this goes ahead. The decision should be made by the members of both nationals, the committees can decide how to communicate with their respective members, but it should be all be carried out with complete transparency. There are great fanciers in both nationals who would relish the competition and their wishes should be treated with respect. The decisions with regards to distances is surely not insurmountable and the committees can have this dealt with in a timely fashion. Nothing is too great a hurdle that reasonable men cannot overcome.

When are some fancier going to be prepared to test these so-call great pigeons they've bought. Bought in to improve lol.

I know they fly 2 to 300 miles home lol.

P.s. cats will walk that distance home too lol if given the chance lol

fanciers that dont care to much for camping out for two days deserve a wee bit more respect than that Roland

I was o understanding the SNFC had a longest race in there program for this year anyway so dina really understand this trying to organise one ?? Fair enough transportation together with SNRPC wid be better for birds with bigger convey and if this dude’s wants to pay for it crack on !!

The race has been offered for this year and that is what we should be aiming for, however, it should not be left to the committee to decide if this goes ahead. The decision should be made by the members of both nationals, the committees can decide how to communicate with their respective members, but it should be all be carried out with complete transparency. There are great fanciers in both nationals who would relish the competition and their wishes should be treated with respect. The decisions with regards to distances is surely not insurmountable and the committees can have this dealt with in a timely fashion. Nothing is too great a hurdle that reasonable men cannot overcome.

The best post on here concerning this race would be great for pigeon racing into scotland and we should never forget its members that make both these great clubs work not committees

fanciers that dont care to much for camping out for two days deserve a wee bit more respect than that Roland

Well in that case they should have a lot - indeed a lot more respect for those testing, trying and enjoying the distances (to)!.

Countless pigeons- at great cost - are never tested... their youngster/culls are in deed, a fact a blimp on our sport because of that!

Every interested member within Scotland should be able to

Promote and support this 600 ml race no problem regardless of who they are affiliated to.

I realy dont see obstacles but there are those who sometimes try to put them there to make things difficult.

Everyone will save money from this (except Organiser)so it's a no brainer let's go for it!

Roland yes you do make some valid points, fanciers realy should test their pigeons more. Some prefer to take an easier option. I have always admired the fanciers

Who have continued to support these 600 +

ml races. Their pigeons already come from established winning 500 and 550ml winning lofts going back many yrs!

This is a good offer and should be considered very carefully by both management committees, both clubs are making losses from these longer races and

if they don't take this opportunity to discuss Mr Hendry's proposition and allow him to expand on his offer then I would consider that they are failing in their obligations to their membership, they are quick every year to ask for donations to fundraisers, sales etc in order to raise additional funds to help with balance sheet, yet with each year costs of birdage tends to be looked at with increases now becoming commonplace. We all know membership is decreasing rapidly and any savings which can be accumulated should be considered very seriously, If this is a genuine offer then I am quite sure that through further discussion all parties could come to a sensible solution to perhaps further improve our great hobby.

This is a good offer and should be considered very carefully by both management committees, both clubs are making losses from these longer races and

if they don't take this opportunity to discuss Mr Hendry's proposition and allow him to expand on his offer then I would consider that they are failing in their obligations to their membership, they are quick every year to ask for donations to fundraisers, sales etc in order to raise additional funds to help with balance sheet, yet with each year costs of birdage tends to be looked at with increases now becoming commonplace. We all know membership is decreasing rapidly and any savings which can be accumulated should be considered very seriously, If this is a genuine offer then I am quite sure that through further discussion all parties could come to a sensible solution to perhaps further improve our great hobby.

correct Mike and every consideration should be given by everyone to make sure this generous offer gets the thumbs up and goes ahead for the betterment and promotion of 600+ ml racing into Scotland!

I flew 3 youngsters 479 miles. The release was appalling and finished the Midland North Road National championship club. Belted down torrential rain etc. No day birds. I had two mid morning next day. Was first and second in the midland etc. Regarded as first time etc. the race was Mid September and my first back was still in the nest in June!

Prince Jackson, and others ove a 100 years ago were send yearlings 1000 miles with great returns.

We has - through greed/ money / jealousy and fear of losing well bred - supposedly - youngster to decimate and ruin the very basis of 'Homing ability. Too much inbreeding ruin the constitution and immunity. If you have bought at great costs 'Breeders' then the youngsters must, surely, earn a perch before any nest box.

Losses are simply a way of saying 'You brought rubbish that breed culls! Yes a very large percent of fancier keep them and make excuse after excuses. Admit it, you've thrown away good money... yet still many will throw more good money after bad! Excuses.

If one doesn't want to send, FINE, shut up and let those that do have 'Peace of Ear'! Stop ruining our beloved pigeons even more!

I applaud anyone for making a move to get us all on the same transporter,who care s what baskets are used or who,s transport just let the 2 organisations talk it over we should be supporting the idea and I for one will pay my birdage as a donation to him or charity because our hobby needs us all to work together,

The doubters will always be there . Good luck Vince .

After a phone call to a fellow fancier if this project takes off we will put up £200 to the winner of 1st west section in this race guaranteed.

Edited by eastcoaster

I applaud anyone for making a move to get us all on the same transporter,who care s what baskets are used or who,s transport just let the 2 organisations talk it over we should be supporting the idea and I for one will pay my birdage as a donation to him or charity because our hobby needs us all to work together,

After a phone call to a fellow fancier if this project takes off we will put up £200 to the winner of 1st west section in this race guaranteed.

top class

I applaud anyone for making a move to get us all on the same transporter, who care s what baskets are used or who,s transport just let the 2 organisations talk it over we should be supporting the idea and I for one will pay my birdage as a donation to him or charity because our hobby needs us all to work together,

Fantastic. Well done! Great to hear.

Would love to hear a distance pair offered also.

No I can't, as I don't have birds now. But would have certainly offered as such before.

Fantastic. Well done! Great to hear.

Would love to hear a distance pair offered also.

No I can't, as I don't have birds now. But would have certainly offered as such before.

Just for you Roland I will give a Yb from my young Alfie who was 1st west sect and region 4th open alencon 544 MLS on the day of lib he followed it up with 4 th sect 14 th open liege 534 MLS on the day the following year ,it can either be auctioned or as a prize ,

I just want to see this happen .

Just for you Roland I will give a Yb from my young Alfie who was 1st west sect and region 4th open alencon 544 MLS on the day of lib he followed it up with 4 th sect 14 th open liege 534 MLS on the day the following year ,it can either be auctioned or as a prize ,

I just want to see this happen .

Top class from a true gentleman Colin ðŸ‘ðŸ‘