Aberdeen Fed

jim cowie

Firstly,I hope all members are keeping safe and well in these dreadful times.

With racing suspended till at least May 23rd and no way of having a meeting,I would like to invite the members to put forward any ideas for discussion should we get going later in the year.

Regards,

J Cowie President

Firstly,I hope all members are keeping safe and well in these dreadful times.

With racing suspended till at least May 23rd and no way of having a meeting,I would like to invite the members to put forward any ideas for discussion should we get going later in the year.

Regards,

J Cowie President

Race YB and OB together if we get any racing

Yes Fred good shout. Capacity of transporter would be an issue though but I have no problem with that

I cant see there being a problem with space on the wagon, might not have enough crates to leave until the week after but will still have plenty of room on the wagon after ob and yb have been basketed. Its irrelevant to me what the fed does as I am not racing with Aberdeen fed anymore but you could race saturday on and sunday yb, if you had a driver willing to drive both days, could have ybs race shorter races and could even basket sunday morning and lib sunday afternoon. There are plenty of ways forward but there seems to be 1 set of people who are unwilling to see any chance at all happen in the fed and that is what will stop yous progressing forward.

Race old and you together from same race point youngsters one side of lorry old birds on the othe and release them half hour apart. To allow for space limit the numbers people are allowed to send. You may not get your full teams away but better than no racing at all

It depends when we do get racing. What we could do is race the o/b program wed/sat till we catch up. Only problem is fanciers who work and getting a driver for Wednesday.

Another option for sure but you are right. It would be difficult for guys that are working

Race old and you together from same race point youngsters one side of lorry old birds on the othe and release them half hour apart. To allow for space limit the numbers people are allowed to send. You may not get your full teams away but better than no racing at all

I have no issue with going to same race point Ryan but personally don’t like the idea of seperate libs from the transporter.

It is upsetting to the birds left in crates

true, and depending on distance, one will see the t/b's home first!

Race old birds on Saturday YBS on Wednesday only up to 150 mile for YBS 👠Why?

Sprinters eh! What's wrong with 250 miles?

Another downward step that is, and has cost the sport very Dear. Very dear in deed.

150mls is more than sufficient in my opinion. Nae need to RIP the guts out of them as babies....god knows they will have enuff problems as yearlings getting to 250mls

Soothsayer eh! Jackson was flying a 1000 miles as yearlings. Many on here race youngster well stating that they want to test them for when old birds. Gosh Nigh aa youngsters went 250 miles at a few months, or less. Plus scored well as old birds.

Roly, this was before the stresses of overpopulated BOP. YB's have to run the gauntlet every time they are out, so 150 miles would be plenty. Perhaps this shutdown might make us rethink and perhaps train them out to 100 or so miles during October and November. :)

I cant see there being a problem with space on the wagon, might not have enough crates to leave until the week after but will still have plenty of room on the wagon after ob and yb have been basketed. Its irrelevant to me what the fed does as I am not racing with Aberdeen fed anymore but you could race saturday on and sunday yb, if you had a driver willing to drive both days, could have ybs race shorter races and could even basket sunday morning and lib sunday afternoon. There are plenty of ways forward but there seems to be 1 set of people who are unwilling to see any chance at all happen in the fed and that is what will stop yous progressing forward.

Theres always ways forward if people would listen

Roly, this was before the stresses of overpopulated BOP. YB's have to run the gauntlet every time they are out, so 150 miles would be plenty. Perhaps this shutdown might make us rethink and perhaps train them out to 100 or so miles during October and November. :)

that was in days of old

your right there...always one to opose anything

Soothsayer eh! Jackson was flying a 1000 miles as yearlings. Many on here race youngster well stating that they want to test them for when old birds. Gosh Nigh aa youngsters went 250 miles at a few months, or less. Plus scored well as old birds.

I am sure they do like to test them....done it myself many times. Dusnae make the pigeon. ...they either have it or not

' … they either have it or not' How true Steve. Also one has to test to keep the standard you need or require, want!

a little tweak at a time, so if not an didn't work you know what to revert from.

Easier to get to the top rung, than to stay there eh1

What I believe, that 'It is an wind that blows no good'. I feel many have a chance to set up and try, do what they wasn't to Every Season's end, but never do … with the same results.

Glasgow hasn't discussed it yet, but I would think some short Any Age Races if there is space or perhaps Saturday & Sunday Races or Weekend Midweek. There aren't many other options. It will be largely dependent on when and if we are allowed any racing this year. :)