Wing Stamps

tyson

why are s.h.u members not wing stamping young birds thought it was an s.h.u rule had a good few strays in not one wing stamped

I have mine stamped but it does not last

Better with name address tags

Yet come national no identification allowed

Crazy Rule ??

Makes very little difference I had 44 telephone rings im 35 amiss over the yb race season , 3 phone calls.

2 seperate clubmates have had birds returned fron SHU stray centre bird with their life rings but that had been sold at sales clearly wingstamped with new owners details.

Well, many fanciers feel that if it drops into another loft - in the main - it isn't worth paying to have back.

A big reason, I believe, why many are not reported, and a reason to the question often asked 'Where do they all go'?

Loft hopping we call it!

I once had a cracking looking yearling — top-notch in that aspect.

It got reported from near its lib site in Pontefract. Then regularly. Three weeks later a phone call saying it was in their loft … could they have it? I said Yep, but don't transfer for a few weeks... Anyway, it kept heading towards Scotland - must be the better feed lol - got reported b4 times in one season. I told them all the same...the fact. Last time a fancier said 'Can I have it and just breed from it'! 'Yes' says I 'It will save me wasting money feeding it'. Should have known. It came from a long line of 'Pedigree incest birds. No homing ability!

why are s.h.u members not wing stamping young birds thought it was an s.h.u rule had a good few strays in not one wing stamped

Mine are wing stamped but it don't make a lot of difference .got a young bird this morning

From the Lanarkshire (Dunbar race )I'd just like to thank the low life for removing the ETS

Ring + its life ring why not just kill the bird it would have saved me the pain of doing it I hope

Your next shixts a hedgehog bar steward

Others are more interested in taking the ets rings never mind report them going by reports on basics

Mine are wing stamped but it don't make a lot of difference .got a young bird this morning

From the Lanarkshire (Dunbar race )I'd just like to thank the low life for removing the ETS

Ring + its life ring why not just kill the bird it would have saved me the pain of doing it I hope

Your next shixts a hedgehog bar steward

100% m8

i was in newcaste other day picking up strays asked if anyone on allotments had any scottish birds 2 said we just throw them out

i was gonna fetch them up to borders and liberate them

Very true nigh everywhere now I fear. Mind Fanciers have murder the pigeons 'Homing Instincts.

Indeed 99% of all and ant discrepancies' can be laid at our door!

I have mine stamped but it does not last

Better with name address tags

Yet come national no identification allowed

Crazy Rule ??

First and foremost Mike, Come the YB National identification MUST be allowed, it is a SHU rule. The National is NOT above SHU rules. The National rule is outdated and illegal under the current SHU Constitution.

Regarding most of the other comments, my sympathies to them all. It is a pity and most of them may be factual, but the main idea behind the rule is to show that not only does the SHU organise a stray centre for the repatriation of strays, but the rule shows that the owners are doing their best to ensure that repatriation. Any do-gooders seeing either the wing stamp or telephone ring, then knows that we care and are doing our best to make sure we get them back home. :)

Makes very little difference I had 44 telephone rings im 35 amiss over the yb race season , 3 phone calls.

2 seperate clubmates have had birds returned fron SHU stray centre bird with their life rings but that had been sold at sales clearly wingstamped with new owners details.

I could be wrong but I don't think I have had any Ayrshire strays in for your club. All birds are checked for WING stamps in not perfect by any means and I do make mistakes i made 42 phone calls on Sunday to check where birds were from, all birds should be WING stamped with club or federation WING STAMP.

Davie Gullane SHU STRAY OFFICER

First and foremost Mike, Come the YB National identification MUST be allowed, it is a SHU rule. The National is NOT above SHU rules. The National rule is outdated and illegal under the current SHU Constitution.

Regarding most of the other comments, my sympathies to them all. It is a pity and most of them may be factual, but the main idea behind the rule is to show that not only does the SHU organise a stray centre for the repatriation of strays, but the rule shows that the owners are doing their best to ensure that repatriation. Any do-gooders seeing either the wing stamp or telephone ring, then knows that we care and are doing our best to make sure we get them back home. :)

. Is this the first year that young birds are allowed wing stamps going to young bird national as I'm not sure on this matter thanks

This is at least the second year, possibly the third.

If you are refused and decide to take it to the SHU, the SNFC will lose because the SHU rule governs and it stated that they must carry some form of ID, be that a wing stamp or telephone ring. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

This is at least the second year, possibly the third.

If you are refused and decide to take it to the SHU, the SNFC will lose because the SHU rule governs and it stated that they must carry some form of ID, be that a wing stamp or telephone ring. :)

Thanks M8 appreciated

I could be wrong but I don't think I have had any Ayrshire strays in for your club. All birds are checked for WING stamps in not perfect by any means and I do make mistakes i made 42 phone calls on Sunday to check where birds were from, all birds should be WING stamped with club or federation WING STAMP.

Davie Gullane SHU STRAY

Davie this is not a critisism of youreself as i am sure you do the best you can for the birds . and yes we all make mistakes at every level

My Original post was wrong in that we have three clubs racemark within our premises and the birds concerned were in one of the other clubs

both birds quite clearly wing stamped by there new owners but returned via the ring numbers to breeders..

Young Bird Race 14 August 2019

Members are reminded that YB's should not be marked with personal details of fancier in accordance with SNFC Rule 22 - Club or Federation details are acceptable but birds with personal identification will not be allowed to compete.

Taken from SNFC website. This complies with SHU rules, so there should be no problems if you follow the advice given by the SNFC. :)

I remember once, when sending to a race at club, ONE of my birds hadn't been wing stamped. All the other had. All birds were checked the first races etc. when rubbering.

I had a choice, take the bird home or get it stamped there and then via the Sec number. I agreed. It was stamped and no more said.

Took me own wing stamp next few times just in case. But was never needed.

Members are reminded that YB's should not be marked with personal details of fancier in accordance with SNFC Rule 22 - Club or Federation details are acceptable but birds with personal identification will not be allowed to compete.

Taken from SNFC website. This complies with SHU rules, so there should be no problems if you follow the advice given by the SNFC. :)

i dont think it does andy

i dont think it does andy

Just checked and you are correct Tommy, it was changed at 2018 AGM.

The red coloured part was removed.

The new SHU rule reads:-

Members of all SHU clubs must have personal or Club contact telephone details on all their young birds in the form of an ID ring or wing stamp.

This would also mean that the prohibition of personal details could become a moot point, but for me, would it just be someone trying to push the boundaries. I would expect the above SNFC rule had been accepted by the SHU and therefore the refusal to accept personal details for security purposes should still be OK. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Just checked and you are correct Tommy, it was changed at 2018 AGM.

The red coloured part was removed.

The new SHU rule reads:-

Members of all SHU clubs must have personal or Club contact telephone details on all their young birds in the form of an ID ring or wing stamp.

This would also mean that the prohibition of personal details could become a moot point, but for me, would it just be someone trying to push the boundaries. I would expect the above SNFC rule had been accepted by the SHU and therefore the refusal to accept personal details for security purposes should still be OK. :)

So what is the situation if a club secretary is a member of the SNFC and is competing in the YB national?