Time For A Change.

Delboy

Im almost sure the Glasgow fed will try something to change the state of play. We are a forward thinking fed and were one of the first to use ETS and purchase Geraldys. Its up to every other fed to follow suit.

Change must come Derek, but when you've been a table thumper and tried to do things to help others all to no avail, you begin to emoticon-0179-headbang.gif. The fact that over 2000 have looked but penny numbers are prepared to comment says it all. AW THE BESTsmiling-sun.gif.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change must come Derek, but when you've been a table thumper and tried to do things to help others all to no avail, you begin to emoticon-0179-headbang.gif. The fact that over 2000 have looked but penny numbers are prepared to comment says it all. AW THE BESTsmiling-sun.gif.

Most folk know it is correct Gavin but are frightened to be seen backing anything away from the norm. Cheers big man.

100% something must change .I've said it for years and have hardly raced a youngster for years .I think race youngsters earlier rather than later .when feds are down the road a bit we could go together which leaves transporters free then have short races 60 miles is enough i think . If fancier know early enough they could breed earlier and have youngsters to race in may\june.before young Percy gets out the nest .and yes they will starve .not all but def some that's better than fattening them up with our babies.

100% something must change .I've said it for years and have hardly raced a youngster for years .I think race youngsters earlier rather than later .when feds are down the road a bit we could go together which leaves transporters free then have short races 60 miles is enough i think . If fancier know early enough they could breed earlier and have youngsters to race in may\june.before young Percy gets out the nest .and yes they will starve .not all but def some that's better than fattening them up with our babies.

Stuart, that's the time I've been saying for a couple of years for us to race youngsters. Comeback races for national training/ racing old birds with the youngsters in separate baskets. I remember many years ago watching youngsters and old birds racing together in the Border Federation in the month of July while at my uncles in Selkirk. Pentland hills had a proposal similar to Derek's racing later in the year, I'm sure it was also September and October racing, but this was defeated on the vote at their AGM. Will be interesting to see who makes the first move to save the weekly carnage of youngsters.

John b

Stuart, that's the time I've been saying for a couple of years for us to race youngsters. Comeback races for national training/ racing old birds with the youngsters in separate baskets. I remember many years ago watching youngsters and old birds racing together in the Border Federation in the month of July while at my uncles in Selkirk. Pentland hills had a proposal similar to Derek's racing later in the year, I'm sure it was also September and October racing, but this was defeated on the vote at their AGM. Will be interesting to see who makes the first move to save the weekly carnage of youngsters.

John b

Could have yb racing done ane dusted june and early July

Having been plagued with the Percy's for the last 20 years, the young Percy's have been out hunting with there parents the third week in June every year without fail.we used to race a good steady pigeon but the last 7 or 8 seasons our results have been very poor 2018 18 Percy attacks on old birds 2019 20 attacks on old birds .

I started this thread with the knowledge that October/November yb training actually works. In fact, I’d say it’s definitely the way forward and can back that up with the 2 or 3 guys that have won at national level doing it. This isn’t a coincidence, the ybs are stress free and able to train and be educated without as many bop attacks.If you have yb racing early, you are interfering with the ob season, expletive remove, it’s stressful enough without adding ybs into the mix.Imagine breeding your ybs at a normal time of the year, no darkness system needed, racing your obs and then having a holiday. Come back refreshed and then get set for your yb season. What’s not to like ?

I started this thread with the knowledge that October/November yb training actually works. In fact, I’d say it’s definitely the way forward and can back that up with the 2 or 3 guys that have won at national level doing it. This isn’t a coincidence, the ybs are stress free and able to train and be educated without as many bop attacks.If you have yb racing early, you are interfering with the ob season, expletive remove, it’s stressful enough without adding ybs into the mix.Imagine breeding your ybs at a normal time of the year, no darkness system needed, racing your obs and then having a holiday. Come back refreshed and then get set for your yb season. What’s not to like ?

yes sounds great. I would be well up for this and I would also reduce number young bird races

November its dark at 5pm what about the working man midweek when do they get to excercise their ybs?

Having been plagued with the Percy's for the last 20 years, the young Percy's have been out hunting with there parents the third week in June every year without fail.we used to race a good steady pigeon but the last 7 or 8 seasons our results have been very poor 2018 18 Percy attacks on old birds 2019 20 attacks on old birds .

Well September often has 'Indian Summers. October has plenty o warmth and sunlight.

Would mean , I suggest, a latter breeding season and starting of Old bird season WHICH would be fantastic in so many ways for our beloved birds. April starting to breed would give us at least 2 rounds or more. Widower …. Well they used to do One round and a later, after, season any way, so no change there. That would also mean a later round to complement any losses and a great team of 18 month olds in their prime for very good results. ( No need to train either.

Well the fact is there is no need to train any way … just that too many fear another loft that does could steal a march.

Hi I race in the midland fed and the last 3 years it has not gone well raceing had been abandend aftear the 3rd or 4th race down to losses this year I started off the race program with 40 yb I now have 10 I have only had one yb reported and I have wing stamped and phone number on the leg off the yb I think it might be a good ider for late yb races and I think to take in every ones rotens could it be split and have raceing as normal and raceing later on to race late breads and normal yb if a lot off people decide that Thay want to trane or race later in the session I think it just neads to be back by people for it to happen

Hi I race in the midland fed and the last 3 years it has not gone well raceing had been abandend aftear the 3rd or 4th race down to losses this year I started off the race program with 40 yb I now have 10 I have only had one yb reported and I have wing stamped and phone number on the leg off the yb I think it might be a good ider for late yb races and I think to take in every ones rotens could it be split and have raceing as normal and raceing later on to race late breads and normal yb if a lot off people decide that Thay want to trane or race later in the session I think it just neads to be back by people for it to happen

If its hocKs that is the problem then every one shoud get together and bread a cople of birds with no rings and can send them to the race ponts. And let them go befor we let out the race teams and shoud clear the road for the race if the hocks tace the un rung ones I thing it might be easer to do that than change race ponts ever year and lose as much birds

Roland the rat has been at the poison I think lol

Gosh! on the tin it says 'Truth and realism'! Must be good rat poison eh!

As the man say 'If its hocKs that is the problem then every one shoud get together and bread a cople of birds with no rings and can send them to the race ponts. And let them go befor we let out the race teams and shoud clear the road for the race if the hocks tace the un rung ones I thing it might be easer to do that than change race ponts ever year and lose as much birds ...'!

Agree - like the vast majority of fanciers will. This song been sung for many seasons … But 99.5% of fanciers want others to do it … or get a wealthy knight in shiny white armour to ride to our rescue lol.

Edited by Roland