Snfc

OF ONE SKIN

Think I said the other day last time the SNFC were at Leige Les Mackays winner was flying 529 mls.

Well I looked up an old year book and i was wrong the winner was in fact flying 527 mls with a vel of 1248 against 1,564 birds! :drinking-coffee-200:

There were 66 pigeons timed on the day and 214 the next day, 200 of these were clocked before midday - according to the report by SNFC PRO.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, it was the 90s Andy, got the diplomas and all that.Wee iq test in Queen street etc, youll know about it?

Big membership push in the 90's and as I said my lassie also became involved and that was the only reason I stayed in it so long. She was West of Scotland Junior Mensa organiser so I had to stay in because of her age. Quite an expensive social club for smart arses, but it allowed you the opportunity to massage your ego, if you wanted. :D :D :D

Good Honest Post Ricky

Was speaking to my friend just recently that rings the peregrine's ,He was telling me that because of the excellent food source on the East side of the country with their breeding programme that within 3 - 5 years the number of falcons there should outnumber the west route

All organisations get it bad just look at the unc other English and irish nationals last year horrendous along with ours

We still have to send our best in hope of a performance but the guys who state they only send their average to these races will only get an average result at best

Good Luck for 2018

We will need it

Dooheed What do you think about the program for the north section you guys happy with it.?

Sorry Young Joe never seen yer post ! Can only speak for myself Pal but personally don’t like the chopping and changing of race points each year ? IMO think having birds in convoy that’s experienced the race point and that have faced channel helps !!

If I remember correctly it was a decent race and the first half dozen or so doos timed on the night were spread across the sections which is how it should be, sure Delboy will have a result as again if my memory is accurate he was 1st west section 5th open or similar with his good hen Peggy

As regards the Leige race, it would be good if someone on here could put up the old result from when the National were last there, up on basics site for us all to see.

Could prove quite interesting.

Showing the time when birds were clocked and to where, plus distances etc.

Don't have the result just the memory of timing in four on the night from Liege 526 miles St Finnan Pride 21st Open and first yearling SNFC Kardale Trophy. St Finnan Lad 22nd Open, St Finnan Lass yearling 48th Open. St Finnan Lady 61st Open all on the day. St Finnan Lass was 10 months old however this did not stop her being 7th Open Gold Cup Reims the next year I bred Dale Newcombes Mullen Cock from this line a prolific breeder.

Don't have the result just the memory of timing in four on the night from Liege 526 miles St Finnan Pride 21st Open and first yearling SNFC Kardale Trophy. St Finnan Lad 22nd Open, St Finnan Lass yearling 48th Open. St Finnan Lady 61st Open all on the day. St Finnan Lass was 10 months old however this did not stop her being 7th Open Gold Cup Reims the next year I bred Dale Newcombes Mullen Cock from this line a prolific breeder.

That's good going and makes interesting reading Joe thanks!