Y/b/ Sickness

VAGIN

Ok blue Toon ,tell me this if you are saying over medication isnt a major factor in whats happening ,who is buying horse wormer ,baytril ,Quest for horses ,umteen mycins of some form or another ,is a this companies starting up new products running at a loss ,the books are full of them ,but naw its nae happening

I think you are getting a wee bit out of order .The Question was " Do show racers and fancy pigeons get young bird sickness " ???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok blue Toon ,tell me this if you are saying over medication isnt a major factor in whats happening ,who is buying horse wormer ,baytril ,Quest for horses ,umteen mycins of some form or another ,is a this companies starting up new products running at a loss ,the books are full of them ,but naw its nae happening

Phylis is your eyes painted on ?? Never stated F-all about “Over medication “ what I stated was I didn’t agree with you claiming that “WE†(=meaning everyone) TREATS WITH WITH WHATEVER ANTIBIOTICS THEY CAN GET OUR HANDS ON “ (caps incase you can’t see it ðŸ‘) As far a who’s buying Horse wormer F-knows ?? Wait a minute Let think MMMMMM That’s it JOCKEYS !! ðŸ´ðŸ´ðŸ´

We have vaccinated and treated with what ever Antibiotics we get our hands for a myriad of disease that we are not sure they have ,we have blown their natural immunity to bits and decimated their ability to self heal and we are asking the question of why they get all this ailements ,there are some that treat with drugs on a weekly basis IMO ,look in the mirror for answer ,fight to stop this yearly vaccination that would be a start.

100% correct! ... Biggest problem now is fanciers don't wish to know the truth ....

100% correct! ... Biggest problem now is fanciers don't wish to know the truth ....

The REAL truth is 100% of Fanciers with zero Veterinary experience or qualifications to back up they’re claims (especially on this forum) know the true reason why some lofts and some don’t experience problems with they’re Young birds !! Personally I couldn’t give a rats *expletive removed* to how others look after their birds cos at the end of the day that’s their own choice whether it be right or wrong !! Best to just concentrate on your own !!

The REAL truth is 100% of Fanciers with zero Veterinary experience or qualifications to back up they’re claims (especially on this forum) know the true reason why some lofts and some don’t experience problems with they’re Young birds !! Personally I couldn’t give a rats *expletive removed* to how others look after their birds cos at the end of the day that’s their own choice whether it be right or wrong !! Best to just concentrate on your own !!

Sorry but you will need to tell me how you avoid it because it would be a Great help

Sorry but you will need to tell me how you avoid it because it would be a Great help

Sorry but I canna answer that as I don’t know what causes it ?? My young birds had it for 3 year in a row but the last 2 year they’ve been spot on !! super healthy TBH (touch wood) I did absolutely nothing different ?? The only different thing I can think of was a change in brand of Young bird feed ???

I know for a fact that some fanciers vaccinate with vaccine which has not been kept chilled when sent out to them. This is a suppliers' problem and they should insist on the proper distribution method even if it costs a little more for the cool bag and slightly larger package. I then know of fanciers who do not store their vaccine in a fridge as indicated on the instructions. I also know of fanciers who use vaccine after its first use and outwith the two / four hour period. I also know of fanciers who use vaccine which is past its use by date. These are fanciers' problems and this incorrect use could be a cause of PMV / Salmonella arising within their lofts. Whether any of these factors encourage YBS, I do not know, but whilst fanciers use vaccines not licensed or prescribed within this country, not withstanding their indiscriminate use of medicines, and the incorrect use of the aforementioned vaccines, I do not think they are qualified to state the cause for YBS. They may have very good guesses at the cause, but they will not have scientific proof. :)

I know for a fact that some fanciers vaccinate with vaccine which has not been kept chilled when sent out to them. This is a suppliers' problem and they should insist on the proper distribution method even if it costs a little more for the cool bag and slightly larger package. I then know of fanciers who do not store their vaccine in a fridge as indicated on the instructions. I also know of fanciers who use vaccine after its first use and outwith the two / four hour period. I also know of fanciers who use vaccine which is past its use by date. These are fanciers' problems and this incorrect use could be a cause of PMV / Salmonella arising within their lofts. Whether any of these factors encourage YBS, I do not know, but whilst fanciers use vaccines not licensed or prescribed within this country, not withstanding their indiscriminate use of medicines, and the incorrect use of the aforementioned vaccines, I do not think they are qualified to state the cause for YBS. They may have very good guesses at the cause, but they will not have scientific proof. :)

Your first point is out of our control basically but I agree and would easily pay a bit extra to keep it at the right temperature in transit. Also every year myself like probably loads of others heading to Blackpool in a few weekends time my first port of call on Saturday morning when entering the show is to visit the Hyperdrug stand and purchase vaccine !! Iv noticed its stored in a fridge but I’m in Blackpool till Monday morning and don’t get back up here until Monday evening !! Have no way of keeping it chilled ??

Your first point is out of our control basically but I agree and would easily pay a bit extra to keep it at the right temperature in transit. Also every year myself like probably loads of others heading to Blackpool in a few weekends time my first port of call on Saturday morning when entering the show is to visit the Hyperdrug stand and purchase vaccine !! Iv noticed its stored in a fridge but I’m in Blackpool till Monday morning and don’t get back up here until Monday evening !! Have no way of keeping it chilled ??

Stand it in a cup of cold water until ur ready to go home

Stand it in a cup of cold water until ur ready to go home

Good idea ðŸ‘as long as I don’t forget about it or even worse mistake it for something else and try and drink it when get back to b&b after on the lash 😂ðŸº

I don't know what savings you have by buying it at Blackpool, but I used to get mine from Hyperdrug and I'm sure they offered a chilled delivery pack for a little extra cost. I now get mine from Retford and they send it out chilled as standard. :)

I don't know what savings you have by buying it at Blackpool, but I used to get mine from Hyperdrug and I'm sure they offered a chilled delivery pack for a little extra cost. I now get mine from Retford and they send it out chilled as standard. :)

Nae sure if there is any saving but just have always got vaccine for my young birds at the show ! When I order my vaccine later in the year for my old birds from hyperdrug I’ll inquire about a chilled delivery pack ðŸ‘

dont know any pouter men who vaccinate or treat for anything and i know a lot of them, a big difference is they only get a drink from a cup at feeding time once a day or twice if hot so no standing water in hut and birds are in single pens

Just about every pouter men that I know John here in the port and in Glasgow now vaccinate for paramixo and some vaccinate again paratyphoid to as the lofts are rife with problems every year and my near neighbour tells me of big problems in Greenock every year just about every loft gets problems . My neighbour has been free from anything for the last number of years. I vaccinate his every year in January for him and he gives his wattie boswells potion which has kept them spot on .

the pouter game is about catching birds from other fanciers then give them to their dealers from other areas and they bring in birds that their dealers have caught or there are doo shops spread around that sell birds or swap if you go on to youtube and type in pouters you will see a video of them give you an idea

Just about every pouter men that I know John here in the port and in Glasgow now vaccinate for paramixo and some vaccinate again paratyphoid to as the lofts are rife with problems every year and my near neighbour tells me of big problems in Greenock every year just about every loft gets problems . My neighbour has been free from anything for the last number of years. I vaccinate his every year in January for him and he gives his wattie boswells potion which has kept them spot on .

ive been out the game 10 years now stuart but the guys around me dont jag and dont have any problems the guy next door has around 40 birds and flys every day gets maybe 1 bird going light every year but never anything serious

I take it that pouters break easy ? I’ve no got any experience with them .

I've seen my neighbour getting one Friday night and breaking it on the Sunday ,they go out with their hen or cock first few flights then their out to catch or be caught .

long as the homer is not breed into them but thats another story :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Some breed the homer(racer) into them which will range much further from home loft and return ,if they are full horseman they don't have much in the brain department and will prob go into the first pouter loft they come across if they venture too far away . Ps there are always exceptions .as some smart ar she's will no doubt post .