Y/b/ Sickness

VAGIN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pouters, figuritas and fantails, what is the common link?

None of them normally spend overnights with others from strange lofts while waiting to be released. None of them normally goes through the stress of avoiding the BOP whilst racing home. I presume none of them are normally vaccinated against PMV or Paratyphoid / Salmonella. None of them are normally medicated to within an inch of their lives.

Where are they similar to racers? I presume they all do mix with other pigeons and all are bothered by BOP around their home lofts.

It has been mentioned that some keep them with their racers and are still not affected. Does this come down to a natural immunity? If so, why do racers not have that natural immunity? Is it because they are routinely vaccinated and medicated? :)

I think young bird sickness it to do with mice explosion in the months of may . june and young birds are on a restricted diet, also I would say the vaccines has a baring on it immunity would last 3 month's then sickness kicks in after that, I believed 2 doses are needed now to repel salmonella in those month's when mice do the damage, its the first time young birds meet a problem like that and then have to build up its immunity for the first time, dealing with mice.

We have vaccinated and treated with what ever Antibiotics we get our hands for a myriad of disease that we are not sure they have ,we have blown their natural immunity to bits and decimated their ability to self heal and we are asking the question of why they get all this ailements ,there are some that treat with drugs on a weekly basis IMO ,look in the mirror for answer ,fight to stop this yearly vaccination that would be a start.

Mambo I cannot agree with yb sickness being down to a restricted diet my young birds get fed as much as they want.

[/quote you would have to get them under control at some stage

dont know any pouter men who vaccinate or treat for anything and i know a lot of them, a big difference is they only get a drink from a cup at feeding time once a day or twice if hot so no standing water in hut and birds are in single pens

dont know any pouter men who vaccinate or treat for anything and i know a lot of them, a big difference is they only get a drink from a cup at feeding time once a day or twice if hot so no standing water in hut and birds are in single pens

i know at least 40 pouter men fae all parts and they get the same problems as us they blame all the foreign imports :drinking-coffee-200:

would be interesting to know if those fancy birds are vaccinated ???????

Does it not state when birds are entered for the big shows Blackpool ect , all birds must be vaccinated I take that means all birds/ racers/ show racers /and all fancy type birds

would be interesting to know if those fancy birds are vaccinated ???????

Does it not state when birds are entered for the big shows Blackpool ect , all birds must be vaccinated I take that means all birds/ racers/ show racers /and all fancy type birds

yes would think so but lots dont show and those that do only a few

We have vaccinated and treated with what ever Antibiotics we get our hands for a myriad of disease that we are not sure they have ,we have blown their natural immunity to bits and decimated their ability to self heal and we are asking the question of why they get all this ailements ,there are some that treat with drugs on a weekly basis IMO ,look in the mirror for answer ,fight to stop this yearly vaccination that would be a start.

Speak for yourself Phylis

You know even comin fae the Blue Toon am right

No Phylis in fact your completely wrong !! Myself and loads more Fanciers I know (to my knowledge) do not “Treat with any Antibiotics we can get our hands on†as you put it !! Also personally I do not agree with the stopping of vaccinating birds annually as Iv seen birds with PMV years ago and it wasn’t pretty so if vaccinations prevents it I’m all for it and I will always practice it whether it a Rule to or not !!

Ok blue Toon ,tell me this if you are saying over medication isnt a major factor in whats happening ,who is buying horse wormer ,baytril ,Quest for horses ,umteen mycins of some form or another ,is a this companies starting up new products running at a loss ,the books are full of them ,but naw its nae happening

Ok blue Toon ,tell me this if you are saying over medication isnt a major factor in whats happening ,who is buying horse wormer ,baytril ,Quest for horses ,umteen mycins of some form or another ,is a this companies starting up new products running at a loss ,the books are full of them ,but naw its nae happening

Ave never had any of them bad boys and get the regular