Percy

walterboswell59

Totaly agree Walter i had a gentleman report one of my birds Lost at Ypres

Phoned him the other day ,in the conversation i told him that i dropped 20

YB on Saturday from 101 miles his answer was you Are not Alone he Lives

At Bethnal Green in the centrę of London .the couriers charge is £40 + £13

Conjestion charge in London .

I'm working today at the Gallowgate college in Aberdeen. Seen peregrine 3 times so far. Feral pigeons don't seem to give a sh**.

Same in my city centre ferals dont give a toss about percy seen them sat on same ledges there oviusly not feeding on them as nearly every pigeon brought to nest is rung ( seen it on webcam ) must be guin out of town to hunt !! Atb

Our fed had there open race from billericay this year and out the 12 I sent 3 were baldly damaged by BOP And on the subject of injuries I've had 9 damaged in the early part of the season that couldn't fly the rest of the race programme and they races are situated in the east ..

just in from work and caught the tale end of a wild life program on bbc two the bird watchers say there are at least 24 pairs of falcons in london alone this year and all breeding pairs and people still think east is safer p h

watty we dont race fae london just you keep breeding all those latebreds :emoticon-0179-headbang:

I'm working at dungeness on the south coast about 10 mile west of Dover all week we have watched a pair teaching their one young bird to hunt they swoop and lift the pigeons off the ledges of the power station and I think the half that lift are the racers the other half are ferrule and don't scare so easily this is happening on all high buildings through out the country imo east and west I know for a fact that all the edf power stations have a breeding pair producing young every year. So including the London lot again imo the racing from France is over.

Ps these things don't need to be super fast to catch a tired racer I watched one today for half an hour it was like a rocket circling the station waiting for a mistake I didn't see it getting anything then a dozen or so feathers floating about in the wind.

Ps these things don't need to be super fast to catch a tired racer I watched one today for half an hour it was like a rocket circling the station waiting for a mistake I didn't see it getting anything then a dozen or so feathers floating about in the wind.

watty we dont race fae london just you keep breeding all those latebreds :emoticon-0179-headbang:

i ill need them to go down the east safe route next year tommy lol yous are just not gettin it nowhere is safe now the problem has got much worse the guys flying the east route can tell us that but many dont want to tell us because when lanarkshire race east the guys on the east side lose less birds because we are feeding them kelso and otterburn are not to bad but once over the 100 an odd miles we get f k d all the way to the coast all clubs and feds need to act now or we will keep getting wiped out no matter where we go and there will be plenty late libs next year as we will all be s g our self to lib first as 9 times out of 10 first up gets it so the feds will all be playing silly buggers roll on next season then where do we go its sort it or stop moaning about it end of

we dont race from anywhere now tommy our birds just try to survive the journey and its just yer luck if they get chased the right direction and your bird is in the batch that goes on or the batch that hit the deck or trees its not pigeon racing anymore its pigeon chasing

we dont race from anywhere now tommy our birds just try to survive the journey and its just yer luck if they get chased the right direction and your bird is in the batch that goes on or the batch that hit the deck or trees its not pigeon racing anymore its pigeon chasing

Correct Walter lucky bag nowadays

Is it even worth racing or chasing nowdays?Is it going to get any better :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

I have been sadly disillusioned with trying to train and race a small team o young birds ,the old birds lost a few ,had one or 2 killed before my eyes in neighbours garden and a couple me and wife saved but all in all old doos i found enjoyment racing etc ,on the other hand youngsters to put in the effort of training suffering losses ,and then eventualy getting some to 1st race ,then on to race 2, your team desimated by hawk,poor weather pressure (thundry clouds and atmospherics) what ever,, is to stressfull and not worth the bother from now on nae racing youngster just private training and leaving them to mature ,is the doos worth still having oh yes ,we have to change to over come our own probs and i dont know the answer to the overall slaughter of youngsters except what i am trying myself

Biggest load of crap I've seen for some time on here,good pigeons win races good or bad,and those who refuse to recognise racing from the West has been a disaster are just plain stupid 😀😀😀

Biggest load of crap I've seen for some time on here,good pigeons win races good or bad,and those who refuse to recognise racing from the West has been a disaster are just plain stupid 😀😀😀

I have all my best pigeons left this year yes like everyone else I have lost doos but not my best they were good pigeons but average against my best they will be 3 and 4 yo next year and raced the west since babies ,only a small percentage of birds are capable of going it alone when things don't pan out these are the one's we want at the end of the year

Your right Vincent only the best win but they are a small percentage of the convoys

Most birds are sent to compete only a small percentage are capable of winning and they need the wee man on their shoulder once it gets to 500

atb mick

Budgies and fishing would be better,

I know of 3 nests within 5 mls of our loft.

Same here in Dagenham (east of London) but we dont seem to be hit nowhere near as much as you guys. Only thing I can put it down to is theres 2 nature reserves in the vicinity with an abundance of wild birds which include feral parakeets which have become high up on peregrines prey of choice. http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ss-uk-1.3439467

Amazing how it's the same lucky guys at the front most weeks lol

yes but it used to be the same guys at the front every week much more luck involved now since percy increase many pigeons can be lucky enough to win a race in there life time and do nothing else not many win more than one there the good birds imo but ill take a winner anytime