Heavy Loses

Guest bigda

If a pigeon performs from a race once or twice that guarantees nothing which I have leant over the years,a good fancier told me no guarantees as every pigeon is only as good as its last race,

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not believed there about 14,000 birds missing now in the fed, like why you tell me ,how many we race each week, and come next year a 400 + members can only manage about 4-5 thousand bird to race and that includes old and yearlings

Naw a don't believe for wan minute 14,000 birds are lost. 14,000 left is more accurate.

Ye started this thread coz you lost 80% at the weekend an yer trying tae hide behind non existent numbers you pull out of the air tae get others tae agree way ye. Sunday was a Hard race, no more no less. The first 3 were easy races. Of course you don't want them tae go past 100mls coz yer shown up for whit ye are. A BAD FANCIER.

Do you not believed there about 14,000 birds missing now in the fed, like why you tell me ,how many we race each week, and come next year a 400 + members can only manage about 4-5 thousand bird to race and that includes old and yearlings

If you work it out for the whole UK then probably over 50,000 a week during the season go missing , many to hawks and many to the weather but most cos they are just not good enough or not in condition for the task

Your joking solway is hard place to young birds ask them

We deffo have a problem with the cumbrian hills....we jump them with the old birds which has worked out well but we have two races from Sedbergh (Kilington lake services ) which makes us a bit nervous. Around the village we have been proactive with the problems and attacks have decreased noticeably. I am of the opinion that a stinker can and will pop up at any point especially with yb as they try to navigate weather etc and that's not a new thing but the lack of later birds and next day returnees is a bit of a mystery. ...some weeks getting them steady for the first hour then it becomes a struggle. ...this must be bop driving the birds off line which is Bourne out by some of the birds getting reported from all directions.

Also no a big fan of crossing across the country .....too much to go wrong for me

Guest johnhunter

Naw a don't believe for wan minute 14,000 birds are lost. 14,000 left is more accurate.

Ye started this thread coz you lost 80% at the weekend an yer trying tae hide behind non existent numbers you pull out of the air tae get others tae agree way ye. Sunday was a Hard race, no more no less. The first 3 were easy races. Of course you don't want them tae go past 100mls coz yer shown up for whit ye are. A BAD FANCIER.

If it wasn't for bad fancers there wouldn't be any goog ones take it easy on the big man he's all heart lol

You know there was 16,500 rung in the fed andi have omitted the SU tally just not to complacte your thoughts you know including old birds we race on a good year old bird racing 6,000 odd birds you tell me where last years young birds have gone and this year will follow suit and a suppose you will not agree about 800 young birds in our fed out the game, but they are used in next years race tally and only for that reason, they to would have went to the big shed in the sky and if yer idea was yer birds are only as good as their last race, there is no point in keeping record's of races or places raced from

Here Danny where are the disastrous loSSes (2 S's no wan) happening. All my Ybs are natural and NAE training. Mind am mister average no wan ay the big shots and ave got plenty Ybs left for next year because I managed them to suit Ma sel. If your sending Sick birds that are bred aff numpties by a numpty then yer gonny get 80% losses.

Ps. Race 5 at the weekend I sent 4 got 2 and am disappointed in the 2 that never made it because they are Fed and Bred tae race.

Why ye not racing yer ybs John ? Every race you've sent smallish teams .

tut tut john not very nice slagging a ill man

Why ye not racing yer ybs John ? Every race you've sent smallish teams .

I only had 34 for racing Derek, night before first race I put 10 away that I didnae want tae loss for nothin. As the races passed I put another 2/3/4 away at a time due to moult condition, 7th flight is cut off point for me, so I was sending wee teams for both those reasons.

Gave more away this year than I kept, including bro/Sis Son/Dgh of my Reims hen and the double G/Sin of Blach Caviar. All away Gratis. Cutting right back on distance stock and gonny enjoy them for another 3 seasons then am outa them for good.

I only had 34 for racing Derek, night before first race I put 10 away that I didnae want tae loss for nothin. As the races passed I put another 2/3/4 away at a time due to moult condition, 7th flight is cut off point for me, so I was sending wee teams for both those reasons.

Gave more away this year than I kept, including bro/Sis Son/Dgh of my Reims hen and the double G/Sin of Blach Caviar. All away Gratis. Cutting right back on distance stock and gonny enjoy them for another 3 seasons then am outa them for good.

Shame to hear your leaving the sport John

Pigeon racing ain't fun pigeons show to much affection and character to send them and find they come home with gashes on them but the next year they are killed I have birds come home with blood flow out them and come to the front door and peck on the window as they can't make the shed lander so sad yet so brave

Pigeon racing ain't fun pigeons show to much affection and character to send them and find they come home with gashes on them but the next year they are killed I have birds come home with blood flow out them and come to the front door and peck on the window as they can't make the shed lander so sad yet so brave

In yer dreams

In yer dreams

There you go a none believer, yet still thinks the Lanarkshire pigeon men, are hiding 14,000 pigeon's from him. You every heard of GI Joe or any war pigeon bigda as is

Nae hiding doos here Danny we sent 62 to Sedgefield 52 to Thirsk and might have about 40 for Retford if the forecast is ok

[/quote

Alf you this year, are flying great ,be it natural or darkies, the smart think is don't put all her eggs in one basket, as their are plenty arround you wanting to beat you. Stop 50% of them the less they see the hawk the better you hear them on hear say only as good as their last race but that's all fine and dandy if you have all the stock to reproduce again next year as they have dont forget the can have 8 birds out of there triple fed winning stock, and on darkness not giving a fek, and telling you its only there to win and as good as its last race, till you get into a position like them ,in strength I say keep yer powder dry darkness racing is for results only and. Big sales men have no problem sell them type try or ask to buy there natural winners

Nae hiding doos here Danny we sent 62 to Sedgefield 52 to Thirsk and might have about 40 for Retford if the forecast is ok

[/quote

Alf you this year, are flying great ,be it natural or darkies, the smart thing is don't put all her eggs in one basket, as their are plenty arround you wanting to beat you. Stop 50% of them the less they see the hawk the better you hear them on hear say only as good as their last race but that's all fine and dandy if you have all the stock to reproduce again next year as they have, dont forget they can have, 8 birds out of there triple fed winning stock, and on darkness, not giving a fek, and telling you its only there to win and as good as its last race, till you get into a position like them ,in strength I say keep yer powder dry darkness racing is for results only and. Big sales men have no problem sell them type try or ask to buy there natural winners

No negative talk John, ye sound like big G, lol.The doos are in yer blood m8 and that's the way it is.

Shame to hear your leaving the sport John

[/qu

Cheers George, Greyhound Derby is on Ma bucket list an that'll take time.

Their will be no more greyhound Derby's in London ,as the mayor and old Boris want houses dog racing was once a community affair , and the UK and Irish have had great results , but there are a breed of human beings ,that we have created, and that I call the me, mes, a greedy selfish out fit, that would not give you a nod if they where a frigging. Rocking horse. And are now fixed on fishing horseracing, drinking and smoking, are bad for there creators

We started training 69 but had 60 left after a couple of dodgy tosses to start racing with but we added 8 wee wans at otterburn

Your young birds are doing great big man :smiling-scarecrow-329: .

With the crazy racing we now have .

Got three of my four Sunday and the one that is missing is my timer at the third race .

First time I have raced y/ b for a couple of years .

I HATE YOUNG BIRD RACING. For me it proves .*expletive removed* all :emoticon-0136-giggle: