Sparrow Hawk

dkj

we had 2 hits the day,1st pecy went through them and missed,but in the panic one crashed into a metal fence,had to dispose of it,30mins s/hawk was chasing one about the back gardens ,it got away I,ll,tell u one thing ,not good for your nerves, :emoticon-0179-headbang:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a cracker....with the strong winds the last couple of days the front of 1 of our sputniks blew open (it has been sorted so it cannae happen again)

Anyway obviously some of the doos got oot and guess what the hen sparra nabbed 1 in the car park of the pub you couldnae make it up we have had a couple of droppers out on top of the loft for the last week and it's no touched them although I think they are getting too wise to it anyway the struggle continues :emoticon-0179-headbang:

let 14 ybs out today first time , all going well. bouncing from roof to roof. then boom sparrowhawk attacks them, doesnt get any, 6 hit the moon. was going into the old bird loft and hear a struggling noise and the sparrahawk on a wee yb in the corner of my garden. wont get another!!! still 4 awol. makes ye feel like chucking it man

just lost my good pied hen, 78th clermont 2014/ 15th open ancenis 2015.

Just seen this thread, gutted for ye Davy, they wans don't grow on trees.

Was losing one a week this time last year but other than wan hit about November time ave been lucky this year. Long may it last tae !!!

Never seen as many Sparrow hawks and peregrines Brian, everyone is getting hit. Just heard the Padfields lost a national winner to the s h.

Derek it's unreal. The cock of the local pair of peregrines had 4 attempts at mine on Monday. I was lucky then, but not so today :emoticon-0179-headbang:. Might get a return visit for "seconds" tomorrow ?? :emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

let 14 ybs out today first time , all going well. bouncing from roof to roof. then boom sparrowhawk attacks them, doesnt get any, 6 hit the moon. was going into the old bird loft and hear a struggling noise and the sparrahawk on a wee yb in the corner of my garden. wont get another!!! still 4 awol. makes ye feel like chucking it man

got 13 back that night, 1 tthe next morning, so let them out yesterday and again today so hopefully get some peace now

not many gamekeepers about ,plus not many pigeon men doing there bit

both true john also the rspb has been breeding them for years in a wooded area between hamilton and larkhall in where jimmy hamilton had his farm was told this by the man who owned the land major something or other he told me he had given them permission to do this when i was looking for a bit of ground to put a loft on a while back they also breed buzzards there