Sparrow Hawk

dkj

I used to laugh when I worked for C.J... There was an Owl and Hawk trust station a couple of miles along the road where they bred the Bassas, and when ready for release into the wild they always let them out in the field next to the lofts where I do believe they thought they would be well fed..I used to catch them sitting on perches inside the loft complete with leg rings.. You can always tell when they have been bred in captivity as they have no fear of humans !! silly fools.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit again :-(

Hit again on Tuesday night, all birds locked down due to the attack on Sunday, David came home from work at 19:00 to find a blue on the house roof, he opened the traps and about a dozen birds came out, he got the bird in and it's a bird we lost racing last year but when the rest landed on the loft the SH attacked them but missed, they flew around and landed on the house, when they tried to come down again the SH attacked again and they all lifted and David saw one hit a wire, they all flew for a while but the injured one landed on the house roof itself and the SH hit it on the roof and chased it into the dark this was at 19:50, all the crows were crowing in the near dark about three backdoors down, David went to look but couldn't see anything in the dark, it was a dark chk hen, the SH must have been desperate to do this, hopefully she has had a feed and sitting eggs and leaves us alone.

Hit again on Tuesday night, all birds locked down due to the attack on Sunday, David came home from work at 19:00 to find a blue on the house roof, he opened the traps and about a dozen birds came out, he got the bird in and it's a bird we lost racing last year but when the rest landed on the loft the SH attacked them but missed, they flew around and landed on the house, when they tried to come down again the SH attacked again and they all lifted and David saw one hit a wire, they all flew for a while but the injured one landed on the house roof itself and the SH hit it on the roof and chased it into the dark this was at 19:50, all the crows were crowing in the near dark about three backdoors down, David went to look but couldn't see anything in the dark, it was a dark chk hen, the SH must have been desperate to do this, hopefully she has had a feed and sitting eggs and leaves us alone.

That's nae guid............you must strike back or it will return time again

Sparrow back at me yesterday all birds out fine day i came in to toilet the wife saw bird hit kitchen window went out and bird ran under shed ,when she went to front of loft saw what she thought was couple of doo's mating but thought one was awful brown then realised it was hawk ,she next set the dog on it and drove it off that's the second time dog just missed it ,thankfully all birds ok but youngsters scared stiff will have to keep in for a day or two .

sparra hen attack the other day, saw feathers off roof , went out and saw a bluddy big s/h hen on top of doo on neibors drive,shouted the lads and they went for it,result, doo minus a feather, s/hen relocated, :egyptian: during my working day on parcels i have my tea break on portnockie braes and regurely see the local peregrine, s/hawk/kestrel/buzzard on the go, up country its the buzzard and goshhawk, its true, we are flooded with the killers, well ott. :emoticon-0179-headbang: