Great Night At Snfc

walterboswell59

this was my first SNFC Presentation, will be back next year... hopefully to lift something?

I was a great honour to see two pigeons I bred get awards...

GILMOUR BROS., Leven with a 4yo blue cock that Ian has now named 'Wullie' who won a Silver award for winning 3 times at over 500 miles including twice at the Gold Cup.

DAVE BALDIE, ST.ANDREWS with a 3yo blue cock named 'Fran-Tastic' that was 1st Section C Billericay 2015, this same cock won 1st section C Buckingham 2014... a double section winner.

this made my night... :scotland: :scotland:

:emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Edited by Delboy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was my first SNFC Presentation, will be back next year... hopefully to lift something?

I was a great honour to see two pigeons I bred get awards...

GILMOUR BROS., Leven with a 4yo blue cock that Ian has now named 'Wullie' who won a Silver award for winning 3 times at over 500 miles including twice at the Gold Cup.

DAVE BALDIE, ST.ANDREWS with a 3yo blue cock named 'Fran-Tastic' that was 1st Section C Billericay 2015, this same cock won 1st section C Buckingham 2014... a double section winner.

this made my night... :scotland: :scotland:

:emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping: great achievement, well done indeed.

Who all won Silver and Gold awards this year Wattie, I know GB Hunters Kingdom Spirit would've got a Double Gold :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Double Gold Award - G. & B. Hunter.

Gold Award - Turpie & McCord, A.Lees.

Silver Award - W. Boswell, G. Galbraith, W. J. Smith, J. Houston, C. & J. MacGregor, D. Anderson, Gilmour Bros, J. Willacy, D. Jamieson, J.F. Bosworth X 2, G. Anderson, A. Simpson, A. McMillan, T. & M. Paterson, W. Kinnear & Son, R. & J. Combe, J. & J. Hunt, J. Bird, Mr & Mrs G. & P. Power.

Bronze Award - D. H. Ogilvie, S. Morrison & Son, J. Duthie.

Double Gold Award - G. & B. Hunter.

Gold Award - Turpie & McCord, A.Lees.

Silver Award - W. Boswell, G. Galbraith, W. J. Smith, J. Houston, C. & J. MacGregor, D. Anderson, Gilmour Bros, J. Willacy, D. Jamieson, J.F. Bosworth X 2, G. Anderson, A. Simpson, A. McMillan, T. & M. Paterson, W. Kinnear & Son, R. & J. Combe, J. & J. Hunt, J. Bird, Mr & Mrs G. & P. Power.

Bronze Award - D. H. Ogilvie, S. Morrison & Son, J. Duthie.

well done Walter and all winners , great achievements :emoticon-0137-clapping:

It's absolutely true. I can give you the birds ring number and you can check yourself ??

The reason it is Section Positions Bullcock and not Open is due to equality of performance and Open positions do not often reflect the difficulties different sections experience. Rules are Rules and they have been bent here.

Well here's one you didn't check the doo has flew 2500 miles gold award

Guest greegsy

Well here's one you didn't check the doo has flew 2500 miles gold award

WRONG, there are umpteen birds that have flown 500mls+ and took open positions but not SECTION positions and that is the Rule that dictates Gold Awards.

They could dip your pockets and you would still find a good excuse for it.

WRONG, there are umpteen birds that have flown 500mls+ and took open positions but not SECTION positions and that is the Rule that dictates Gold Awards.

They could dip your pockets and you would still find a good excuse for it.

Am RIGHT if your so smart go and see all the doos that have flew 2500 miles

THE RULE STATES THE BIRD THATIS A SECTION DIPLOMA WINNER IN 5 OR MORE CHANNEL RACES OR (ALTERNATIVELY)

A BIRD

THAT FLIES A MINIMUM OF 2500 PRIZE WINNING MILES SO IS ENTITALED TO THE GOLD AWARD

How does that affect the sol way birds as they only have one race over 500 mls .

Scrap that , I just looked properly at the answer.

Am RIGHT if your so smart go and see all the doos that have flew 2500 miles

100% right , perhaps if they bother to check an up to date rule book they'd clearly see that no rules have been bent and the secretary was quite right to hand out a well deserved gold award. Seems they just want to bring the snfc down at every turn.

100% right , perhaps if they bother to check an up to date rule book they'd clearly see that no rules have been bent and the secretary was quite right to hand out a well deserved gold award. Seems they just want to bring the snfc down at every turn.

You're right Alan I think an apology would be appropriate for the secretary and president of the snfc, get his facts right before he starts spitting rubbish out on here,

YOU ARE READING THE RULE WRONG!! Did the said pigeon fly 2500 miles over the 4 section prizes it won? If so, it entitles it to a Gold award under the 2500 mile rule.If it didn't fly 2500 miles in the 4 sect prizes it won, then it needs 5 channel sect prizes to win the award. This rule was put in place for the further flying members( north sect)as it was thought it only fair that someone in the south scoring 5 times from 400+ miles (ypres) could win a Gold award, someone in the north flying over 613 miles 4 times could win a Gold Award..as long as it was over 2500 miles. I don't know this pigeons record but it certainly is a top bird to get these tickets.

Edited by Delboy

YOU ARE READING THE RULE WRONG!! Did the said pigeon fly 2500 miles over the 4 section prizes it won? If so, it entitles it to a Gold award under the 2500 mile rule.If it didn't fly 2500 miles in the 4 sect prizes it won, then it needs 5 channel sect prizes to win the award. This rule was put in place for the further flying members( north sect)as it was thought it only fair that someone in the south scoring 5 times from 400+ miles (ypres) could win a Gold award, someone in the north flying over 613 miles 4 times could win a Gold Award..as long as it was over 2500 miles. I don't know this pigeons record but it certainly is a top bird to get these tickets.

Del the doo flew over 2700 miles under the new rule

I think the rule states 2500 prize winning miles which means if your pigeon has to fly say 625 mls from a channel race in which the north section fliers do then it would be 4section prizes the bird would need so the bird is flying 2500mls into the north section.but when you fly under 600mls in a channel race your pigeon will need 5 section prizes to win a gold award ,so if this pigeon in question has only 4 section prizes and one open position with no section prize in sorry for the pigeon in question but it has not achieved its gold award rules are rules looks like a mistake has occurred here and the claim should never have been submitted imo

AS FAR AS I SEE THE RULE DOES NOT STATE THE BIRD HAS TO BE IN THE NORTH SEC OR THE SOUTH SEC ONLY STATES THE BIRD HAS TO FLY A MINIMUM OF 2500 PTIZE MILES SO THE RULE NEEDS TO BE AMENDED AND MADE MORE SPECIFIC AS IT STANDS NOW THE BIRD IS ENTITALED TO THE AWARD

Guest greegsy

IN A NUT SHELL.

Like I said they could dip their pockets. :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Please Post if ye can this Birds Snfc Channel Races flown,Mileage flown each Race,Sect/Open Positions Won each Race ??? to Achieve this Award.

Gold cup 2015 sec C13 open96 558 miles

Gold cup 2014 sec C22 open 135 558 miles

Claremont 2014 sec C36 open 0. 530 miles

Claremont 2013 sec C0 open 129 530 miles

Claremont 2012 secC51 open 92 530 miles

Gold cup 2015 sec C13 open96 558 miles

Gold cup 2014 sec C22 open 135 558 miles

Claremont 2014 sec C36 open 0. 530 miles

Claremont 2013 sec C0 open 129 530 miles

Claremont 2012 secC51 open 92 530 miles

That's about all it needs then lol......loads of fanciers would be pissing themselves to own such a bird

That's about all it needs then lol......loads of fanciers would be pissing themselves to own such a bird

That's what I love about you Fechan Boys

Such a wonderful understanding of the English Language lol

Watching the Liverpool game at present would make you draw teeth