Great Night At Snfc

walterboswell59

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Heeps Bors win the Gold award this year, forgive my ignorance here, I thought this was an old historic gold award win that was being used as an example and that is why I said it should be left the way it is, but if it was this year and it was outwith the rules (whatevery they may be) then it is still this years business and is therefore questionable as would be Tupie and Mc cord's.

We need clearer rules so this can't happen again.

Guest greegsy

Can I ask why you are saying that because I would put my full trust in john mccord

Yes sir you can ask why I am saying this.

Firstly the President should know the rule inside out and therefore be clear that this bird did not meet the required criteria to win the award.

Secondly, it's the President who is making the claim, which is completely beyond my comprehension other than to assume he is using his position for self gain/recognition within the sport.

The pigeon will Never get it's due credit as a Gold Award winner because it was granted contrary to the rules.

WORST OF ALL the bird would most likely Achieve the distinction of being an SNFC Gold Award winner if sent again next year but I suspect it's in the stock loft now and the owners have decided themselves that the bird is due the award so made the claim.

One outstanding question I do not know the answer to is WHY was the birds positions NOT checked before being granted the award.

Given all of the above I also find it astonishing that you can have Full Trust in Mr Mccord, he has Presided over this and got what he was looking for even though not entitled to it. You surely CANNOT HAVE FULL CONFIDENCE in a President so out of his depth that he could have made this claim by MISTAKE, which I am sure will be the limp excuse given for the Clerical Error. That in turn will only pass some of the blame onto the Secretary who is completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

I do hope this answers your question.

Guest Hey Presto

Firstly the President should know the rule inside out and therefore be clear that this bird did not meet the required criteria to win the award.

Secondly, it's the President who is making the claim, which is completely beyond my comprehension other than to assume he is using his position for self gain/recognition within the sport.

The pigeon will Never get it's due credit as a Gold Award winner because it was granted contrary to the rules.

WORST OF ALL the bird would most likely Achieve the distinction of being an SNFC Gold Award winner if sent again next year but I suspect it's in the stock loft now and the owners have decided themselves that the bird is due the award so made the claim.

One outstanding question I do not know the answer to is WHY was the birds positions NOT checked before being granted the award.

Given all of the above I also find it astonishing that you can have Full Trust in Mr Mccord, he has Presided over this and got what he was looking for even though not entitled to it. You surely CANNOT HAVE FULL CONFIDENCE in a President so out of his depth that he could have made this claim by MISTAKE, which I am sure will be the limp excuse given for the Clerical Error. That in turn will only pass some of the blame onto the Secretary who is completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

Are you 100 per cent certain what you are saying is right

Lots of great birds over the years have missed out on this top SNFC award and unfortunately the bird in question is one of these,IMO the gold award should be handed back and it is then in the hands of the fanciers if the bird goes again next year with the view to winning a gold award.

Was always of the opinion that these awards are meticulously checked but again as usual always room for human error.

Pretty clear as to the right course and surprised as to the debate? :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest:

whats the procedure when submitting a claim ?

I would of thought that any claim would be sent to the sec

who would check out if the claim was valid or not

and award any claim he/she thinks valid

I think this is the correct procedure but may be wrong ?

as walter says it was the sec who decided if the bird was due an award

if a claim was made and the sec awarded a gold award

then that's down to the sec alone, who is the one who says yes or no

so in this case the sec made a mistake

( hey mistakes happen ,and can easily be rectified )

I wonder how many other claims have been submitted over the years and thrown out

because the claimant read the rules wrong, a few I would think

Guest greegsy

Just as i said, the Secretary is to blame :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

IT'S THE PRESIDENT we are discussing here and he of ALL members should know the rules and the Claim for the award should never have reached the Secretary's letter box.

Guest greegsy

just to set the record straight i called the sec first and asked how to go about claiming an award and was told how to proceed but im almost sure the sec said it then goes before the committee

In other words you conducted yourself with complete integrity, you didn't Guess your bird was due it's award before making a claim, first and foremost you made sure you followed the rules.

You are also an ordinary SNFC member so are not expected to know the rules or procedures of the club off the top of your head.

The President is most certainly expected to KNOW the rules and procedures of the club so should not have made the claim. This is not a rule that is open to interpretation, it is crystal clear the criteria needed to win a Gold Award.

I am not sure it goes to the committee but would imagine you are correct about that as it seems a pretty important award to get the nod from one individual, especially a lady who has just recently taken on her post with no previous experience (that I know of) in dealing with this type of thing.

did not really want to get involved with this because i was not 100 percent sure but for the benifit of all ive just spoke to the man that made the proposal at the snfc agm 3 or 4 years ago he told me the 2500 miles was for the north section guys flying 600 and more miles winning a section prize so there birds can get a gold award in four crossings which i think is fair but for the rest the rule is must be a one in ten prize winner in its section open prizes do not count so big dell is bang on hope this helps people to understand the bird must be a section prize winner so theres a mistake somewhere but we have all made them so greegsy is correct

Edited by walterboswell59

Guest greegsy

You're right Alan I think an apology would be appropriate for the secretary and president of the snfc, get his facts right before he starts spitting rubbish out on here,

Talking about facts, spouting rubbish and an Apology. I AM WAITING on it.

Talking about facts, spouting rubbish and an Apology. I AM WAITING on it.

What are you wanting an apology for? Think ye have made yer point and members of the snfc have agreed with ye that it's a mistake (rule maybe needs more clarity it seems)...only the Nat comittee can change it now

Surely someone in the SNFC could sort this or are they happy to see the name of the SNFC getting dragged through the mud.

Can only see the usual balloons trying to drag the SNFC through the mud, but then it always happens around this time of the year when they crawl out from under whatever it is that they usually crawl out from.

Best just to ignore them and not give them the satisfaction as they obviously have their own agenda :drinking-coffee-200:

Firstly, you're not my mate!! Secondly how can you know what Mr McCord thinks??

As usual,certain people if you prefer or balloons come on here shouting the odds thinking they know everything about everything, expecting an instant answer as they believe they are someone special instead of letting things run their course through the correct channels.

Enough said!!

I dinny want to cos you any grief but what are the proper channels? Is there a precident for this?

Gold Award 03 November 2015

I have received several telephone calls in connection with the Gold Award given to Turpie & McCord of Fife.

The claim for this award was submitted by Mr T Turpie and was assessed in accordance with Rule 10 in our yearbook which states:

A Gold Award or Diploma will be awarded to a bird which is a Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position winner as published in result) in five or more SNFC Channel Races, or alternatively a bird that flies a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles. Extra prizes awarded in any year do not count. All claims must be made to the Secretary on or before 1st September, stating race name, year and section position.

I checked the birds’ performance and noted it had only four section diplomas however it had flown in excess of 2700 miles and in my opinion met the criteria for a Gold Award according to Rule 10 as it is written.

The rule does not state that the bird requires to have section diplomas in five or more channel races AND to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

According to the dictionary an ALTERNATIVE is a choice of two things so my interpretation of the rule was that the bird had to have gained section diplomas in five or more channel races OR to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

I am appalled at the suggestions that something underhand has taken place in connection with this and trust that this statement will now clarify the situation and put an end to this matter.

Mary Pryde

Secretary