Todays Times & Returns

andy Burgess

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbreaking Walter and for the first time in 40 years of racing I am asking myself if this is all worth it! First young bird season 1975 16 rings from the club,my dad would put them on his bike and cycle to work about 1.5 miles away,we flew the full yb season dropping one youngster and finished runner up in the yb ave,these youngsters were all bred from birds gifted to us from local fanciers and all the youngsters flew every race out to burtonwood approx 180 miles!some of these birds went on to win from Dorchester falaise avaranches etc in later life!! Would like to think that after being relatively successful over the next few decades my birds are of a better quality but alas the raptors have now taken over.we only need one proper race!! :partick-thistle-Crest: good luck with getting them home Walter . :partick-thistle-Crest:

yes john your right :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Sent ten young birds to Shap last night received favourable comments on how healthy and strong my pigeons looked,all extensively trained up to about 25 miles.Birds released at 10 am this morning it is now 1.15 and not a feather weather fine.Shap to Moffat is 64 miles.Could the non appearance of my birds have anything to do with the fact that the Cumbrian mountains possess the highest concentration of Peregrine Falcons in Europe?

Tough one Walter and I think you already know and have answered the question yourself. Something needs to be done with these monsters or this sport will be dead within 10 years the way things are going. Hope you get them turning up shortly.

Guest TAMMY_1

22/42 fooking sore...in work now so will check again at 6ish

well done today :animatedpigeons: first 4 in the club, a great start ,just need more home now.

Guest TAMMY_1

Got 6/25.........had better races frae France. ......Fookin raging

A toughie Dal,but I have said the same,we had better racing from France

Heartbreaking Walter and for the first time in 40 years of racing I am asking myself if this is all worth it! First young bird season 1975 16 rings from the club,my dad would put them on his bike and cycle to work about 1.5 miles away,we flew the full yb season dropping one youngster and finished runner up in the yb ave,these youngsters were all bred from birds gifted to us from local fanciers and all the youngsters flew every race out to burtonwood approx 180 miles!some of these birds went on to win from Dorchester falaise avaranches etc in later life!! Would like to think that after being relatively successful over the next few decades my birds are of a better quality but alas the raptors have now taken over.we only need one proper race!! :partick-thistle-Crest: good luck with getting them home Walter . :partick-thistle-Crest:

Good post john and they ybs that you are talking about would have been raced natural as darkness was never heard of in they days. Started racing myself in 1972 with about 6 yearlings that I had trained on the bus from Lanark as ybs and there was two amoung that 6 that flew the channel 4 times each and like yourself were gift pigeons from various fanciers. Pigeon racing today is a completely different ball game from they days and the reason for it IMO is percy percy percy

4/32

Otterburn for another two races!! Aye ok

My dad I feel for.... I took a back seat and they all belong to my dad now, gutted for him as watched them training this week and they were in tip top condition and looked a very useful team

Sickened me tho to watch