Ypres

clockman

News on website soon

thanks to delboy for the info UPDATE by JAM

UPDATE

Due to the situation at Dover/Calais and difficulty in obtaining confirmation of ferries for next week the race from Ypres will now take place from Eastbourne. Race marking will take place tomorrow (Thursday 2nd July) as arranged. We have also had news from our contact Stefaan Van Moerbeke in Ypres who advised against a race from Ypres this weekend due to hot weather as it is 34 degrees in the shade and too hot for liberating birds to race.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greegsy

The precedent for this scenario was set when bird flu hit in the earley 80's.

They should have went to Hastings as happened then, it's not even 70mls short of Ypres and would have been an ideal substitute.

To simply announce the race is postponed without a directive to members as to what WILL happen and WHEN is a clear indication the new committee have been found wanting when most needed.

If its only posponed how long for,I've a cock who will be sitting overdue,no chance of getting him back down if its a week or so,was looking forward to this race,get your act together snfc absolute joke,and what about more experienced fanciers who know better than me what nesting conditions their birds fly too :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

They should have went to Hastings as happened then, it's not even 70mls short of Ypres and would have been an ideal substitute.

To simply announce the race is postponed without a directive to members as to what WILL happen and WHEN is a clear indication the new committee have been found wanting when most needed.

Spot on, only 54 miles shorter

Dutch Union have declared a "code red" for heat in France for Saturday and all races marking put back 24 hours.

Belgian Union have put back the Saturday yb races to Sunday and reduced number of pigeons per basket for old and bus as well.

National pigeons due up Saturday are only 15 to a pannier as well.

With it being Falaise National this week should the WDA be looking to reduce number per basket to give more space/oxygen per pigeon???

If the transporter has room it makes sense to leave the top rows empty for heat to rise and fill rest of racks with more baskets containing fewer pigeons.

OFF ANOTHER SITE

Your race controllers have heat -electrical storms and strikes to consider--in the n/east today we had wall to wall sunshine--hailstones flash downpours and thunder and lightning with strong wind.

Know of guys from wick who dropped their birds off at elgin for basketing in aberdeen tomorrow,their man is an hour back up the road and don't know whether to pick them back up or not!!! Very poor show

I think their should be a race from the coast, common sense says to put it back a week will lose half the convoy as nest condition wont suit.expletive remove not rocket science

I just can't understand with all these clever people

on this site why they are not running the SNFC.

I was always told that talk is cheap!

Im on the committee and if any of you think

you can do better (Put your hand up at the next AGM.)

then we all can have a go at you !

This is constructive debating and everybody has an opinion and is entitled to voice it, ps. Ive been on committee 4 times. Also, you have now stopped folk saying what they would like to happen although its down to the SNFC committee of course.

Well what they doing then or is it secret

As per naebody tells u anything at marking station at Carluke and if people weren't on pigeon basics they wouldn't know absolutely disgraceful and a joke

Couldny believe it Del, on way home when I got told.Near *expletive removed* crashed the motor .