SNFC Alencon Liberation

geordie1234

Congratulations to all that clocked in from Alencon and commiiserations to all those who are without their birds after what can only be described as one of the worst decisions ever to liberate our birds into what every fancier who had birds away knew was going to be horrendous weather conditions facing them. Human mistakes can at times be forgiven however I am positive on receiving word that a liberation had taken place we knew within our hearts that this was not going to be a competitive race but a race of luck which in all probability 90% of the members would not be favoured with. I was one of the lucky ones but my heart goes out to those who were deserted when they had hope and have lost their favourites from their loft. Years and time wasted for a decision that should have been obvious.

didn't have doos away myself... but did seem a real toughie, although I have witnessed worse gold cup races than this in the past... but no doubt all the critics will be queing for controllers job at the AGM then??

great pigeons always seem to get home regardless, and never fails to amaze me we see the same names and sometimes the same doos on the results, some fanciers get great returns some fanciers don't see a feather... maybe some fanciers should start looking at themselves and there doos before sending them, lets be honest how many were probably up for flying 500 miles plus on a hard day?? jmo of course...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't have doos away myself... but did seem a real toughie, although I have witnessed worse gold cup races than this in the past... but no doubt all the critics will be queing for controllers job at the AGM then??

great pigeons always seem to get home regardless, and never fails to amaze me we see the same names and sometimes the same doos on the results, some fanciers get great returns some fanciers don't see a feather... maybe some fanciers should start looking at themselves and there doos before sending them, lets be honest how many were probably up for flying 500 miles plus on a hard day?? jmo of course...

Plenty top doo men without a feather aswell

Pleasant suprise this morning just before leaving for work found one of my two candidates in the loft just after 0800 (wasn't there when I stopped for brekky at 0730). So they are still working home. :animatedpigeons:

Guest Jamsie

If you had birds away you wouldn't be so blaze about losing them.

Locked up loft last night about 10.45 nothing home up this morning before work blue hen sitting in loft with injury at the keel I then go check the ets expletive remove timed at 10.47 last night its a game yin didn't want to spend another night out and I still gst a great feeling when they come from the gold cup happy days all the best dale

well done m8 wee doo done well getting up there

Pleased to see him Walter, looks like he will be 2nd club, beaten by a doo just a feww hundred yards from me which was clocked at 5:43am!! 632 miles on the 3rd day and only 5 mins between them,, incredible. Good thing is he will be buying the fish and chips on the way back from ancenis marking😉 :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Pleased to see him Walter, looks like he will be 2nd club, beaten by a doo just a feww hundred yards from me which was clocked at 5:43am!! 632 miles on the 3rd day and only 5 mins between them,, incredible. Good thing is he will be buying the fish and chips on the way back from ancenis marking😉 :emoticon-0136-giggle:

lol good for ye both maybe you can do same if you beat him

Well done all who timed and well done to the controller who got the decison gravley wrong and put the national back 3 years wi the amount of losses does it surprise me id have to say no as the body of the hall voted unanimously against buckingham yet it was changed to suit them and the same senario arose for a sat lib for the gold cup yet again voted unanimously against and heldover on fri which was a better day and libbed on a sat which stevie wonder could have seen it was not suitable never mind stevie bannon is this a coincidence I DONT THINK SO AND WONT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE its a joke that these people find this ok about time the committee done what the fanciers want and no what they want

im sick and tired listening about bad liberations with the snfc aye saturday wasnt perfect but when are you going to get perfect racing weather from france to scotland and can someone tell me what is perfect racing weather and what about the birds that were taken straight from a box in the war years and tossed up at midnight and still made it home with bullet holes in them to much sh** about weather the guys did what they thought was best and what about the doos that made it were they flying on a differant day no the were just better on the day end off ,and yes i did send to the race and got nothing ,my attitude is the wont be missed during the winter so stop blaming everone else and put it down to the birds werent good enough on the day

Had old Bob McDonald on the phone he got 1 at 4.45 this morning fair chuffed for him :scotland: :scotland:

im sick and tired listening about bad liberations with the snfc aye saturday wasnt perfect but when are you going to get perfect racing weather from france to scotland and can someone tell me what is perfect racing weather and what about the birds that were taken straight from a box in the war years and tossed up at midnight and still made it home with bullet holes in them to much sh** about weather the guys did what they thought was best and what about the doos that made it were they flying on a differant day no the were just better on the day end off ,and yes i did send to the race and got nothing ,my attitude is the wont be missed during the winter so stop blaming everone else and put it down to the birds werent good enough on the day

Birds werena giving a chance everyones entitled to there opinion ive said mine end of

Would you have liberated today? Or yesterday? Or when?

A lib was possible and offered by convoyers on THURSDAY but the Officials declined! Maybe the halls weren't booked for clock checking a day early!!