Snfc Ybn

JohnQuinn

Aye but John isnae in Sec E just like all the fanciers around him. Look at the result closely John, you simply cannot make a case for a level playing field in the YBN I mean come on ??

john think about it MC neil birds prove it. you keep lf boys right , not saying anymore on this

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a hard one to call John, I know its much harder and esp in a west wind but Section E still got tickets at 11am next day... I think if some of the birds timed on the night that got nothing and there lofts were in section E there birds would have went close to timing on night or first thing in morning. Its very thin lines and not saying anyone is better than others but as Tiger says I think John McNeil would have still had a good few on night even in section E

If let up in a split lib we wpildn't have to wait until the next mornning for our doos and if John McNeil flew in Section B or C he would take TOP ppsotions there too. Ifs and buts don't come into it though, Facts are what matter and Fact is John races in Sec D.

My solution would be forget the ybn in the west Lanarkshire ,ayrshire ,Glasgow ,solway .have an amalgamation for the young birds from Cheltenham I think this would be better supported than the national and a good gamble as well with far better returns as well as for the ybn ill never be at it supposing I had 100 young birds left as it learns them sweet fa I only enter races I can win no point in entering something you can't win omo

My solution would be forget the ybn in the west Lanarkshire ,ayrshire ,Glasgow ,solway .have an amalgamation for the young birds from Cheltenham I think this would be better supported than the national and a good gamble as well with far better returns as well as for the ybn ill never be at it supposing I had 100 young birds left as it learns them sweet fa I only enter races I can win no point in entering something you can't win omo

Finally someone gets it, it's YOUNG BIRD racing we are talking about and we have NO CHANCE of winning it. Thanks Ricky

great idea, would be great if it happened :emoticon-0123-party:

good one ricky id go

Folk have lost the plot with the yb nat.It was only a few years ago that it was decided to just publish the first 10 in the Open ( for trophy purposes ) because of the unfairness of the race. It was decided that it would be a sectional race and all section winners in the yb nat would be equal winners to a degree, but somewhere in the last wee while this has been lost and forgotten and we have reverted back to printing all the open prizes. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Ye'll need tae wear a Wset Sec shirt and ditch the East sec Hawaai shirt but that apart yer more than welcome Peter lolol

I told you previously John my shirts are not from Hawaii, They are from all the Caribbean islands I have visited and you can mock me all you like but I know you are only jealous of my attire. LOL

Folk have lost the plot with the yb nat.It was only a few years ago that it was decided to just publish the first 10 in the Open ( for trophy purposes ) because of the unfairness of the race. It was decided that it would be a sectional race and all section winners in the yb nat would be equal winners to a degree, but somewhere in the last wee while this has been lost and forgotten and we have reverted back to printing all the open prizes. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Yes del spot on,unfortunately on this thread there are fanciers who are at the wind up and I for one cannot believe some of the above nonsense. <_<

john its always about the west what about us who fly into the worse bit of region d when it comes to young bird national

For me not so much about the west Derek but more about how peoples continued nonsense as to how the YB national result unfolds year after year beggars belief !!!! Ps Angus Orr timed a cracker into your section where as always there will be the odd good bird timed. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Get back to what the SNFC is all about, long distance racing. Do away with inland and young bird national. Have 4 water races, 2 from Ypres either side of Alencon & Tours, that makes it fair for most . If you want to stick to fed races , good on you if you want to test them further , go with the SNFC. With the decline in this sport we need to be singing from the same song sheet....will it happen , no feckin chance. That was some dream .

In the young bird race you can only try to win your section. The open will always be dominated by the section favoured by the conditions (mainly the east obviously). It has not been pointed out that Billy Bilsland beat the rest of his section including the olr and others in his own area by 20 minutes so he is obviously head and shoulders above the rest of the fanciers in his area

Get back to what the SNFC is all about, long distance racing. Do away with inland and young bird national. Have 4 water races, 2 from Ypres either side of Alencon & Tours, that makes it fair for most . If you want to stick to fed races , good on you if you want to test them further , go with the SNFC. With the decline in this sport we need to be singing from the same song sheet....will it happen , no feckin chance. That was some dream .

Keep the faith Elanco :emoticon-0136-giggle:

They might one day realise you were right, just got to hope for the sake of future inland and cross channel racing in Scotland that day doesn't come too late.

In the young bird race you can only try to win your section. The open will always be dominated by the section favoured by the conditions (mainly the east obviously). It has not been pointed out that Billy Bilsland beat the rest of his section including the olr and others in his own area by 20 minutes so he is obviously head and shoulders above the rest of the fanciers in his area

That's what I was saying a few pages back he has flown like a train he isny dominating it just because of were he stays :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Agree leave the inland races to the relevant federations

Excellent post mate

I'll fully support this as our days of sending youngsters to the SNFC are finished

Why is that Gary?? I am not that familiar with the geography in that corner of the country (but i am the results) so please excuse my ignorance. This is only a straight forward question i have no motive other than curiosity asking you this. atb John.

it is 15 mile from nats to us but a good bit more flying.gogal maps and have a wee look at ayton to wallyford.my yb.s did not go to yb nat this year .with a one loft in our sec might no be going yb nat next year.my ybs did go with my club and fed