Epsom Salts

TheHigg

Guest chad3646

what benefits do they have and how much and how long do you give your birds theese

to be honest imo i dont think it does any good, it is really one of the old timers remedies, just like the other scenario if you give a dog sulphur it will never get distemper

cheers chad its just that i found a tub of it in the cuboard and thought i had read about it somewere

cheers chad its just that i found a tub of it in the cuboard and thought i had read about it somewere

or was that bicarbonate of soda :emoticon-0138-thinking:

correct m8 cattryse brothers used it as a depurative long before depurative mixture was thought of

Never been an epsom salts man so to speak for the pigeons, but enough good flyers have used it in the past to suggest it has some value. Like most things ???? :animatedpigeons: in moderation & used wisely one could try it & learn for one self. One thing I do know, a cup full in your bath certainly makes your body feel refreshed etc.

Bi carb soda !!!!!!!! always have used that with the birds. Cheap & good, so not all old remedy's should be thrown in the trash/bin in my view.

Enjoy.

Guest stb-

i remember old pigeon fancier in the village where i came from giving there birds epsom salts over the throat on a friday morning , enough to cover an old six pence , these guys flew exceptionaly well :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

i remember old pigeon fancier in the village where i came from giving there birds epsom salts over the throat on a friday morning , enough to cover an old six pence , these guys flew exceptionaly well :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

MUST HAVE FIRED UP THE AFTER BURNER'S ........ZOOM :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Guest stb-

MUST HAVE FIRED UP THE AFTER BURNER'S ........ZOOM :emoticon-0140-rofl:

dont know what it did but they won all the pools affy regular and the races , if ye beat them you wid no be fasr from topping fed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Dont think ive ever used epsom salts but ive used bicarbonate of soda. Ive put in as much as 1 tablespoon to a 5 pint drinker and fill up to the top with water. I think it does them a bit of good they seem brighter and perked up after it.

It was used by nurses years ago it was also used for cleaning out fridges and utensils etc.ive even heard it being mixed with tooth paste. I know ur not supposed to add it to accidic stiff like lemons or vinegar as it reacts like a mimi explosion lol.

I know for a fact people have been using it down drains or sinks and add vinegar it helps remove blockages.

Just a bit white powder it does a wide range of stuff. Some say amazing lol. :peace-sign-258:

Rehydration liquid for humans

6 x 5g spoons of glucose

1 x 5g spoon of salt

1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda

Mix in 1 litre of water

My consultant expects me to drink a litre of that a day, try it yourself - it's xxxxxxx disgusting :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Bi Carbonate of Soda excellelant for sour crop and wet feeders

Edited by Jim hannah

Remember my late father and a lot of the old timers used to give half a teaspoon each of epsom salts and bi-carb to a drinker on a Thursday if the birds weren't exercising too well.The bi-carb had hot water poured on it before mixing.

:emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Glucose and bicarbonate in the drinker on raceday and day after