Cost Of Feeding

sapper756

prices go up every time i go , however prices will continue to increase blame the futures stock markets there trading feed on the market creating higher prices , the economy is a false man made economy created by the corporates , this slump in the market is enforced natural selection only the fitttest strongest company's will survive mainly the ones run by the corporates , they will buy cheap failing company's that were once prosperous it's the way of the world we are all enslaved to it ;)

My corn goes up all the time our farm 'bjf feeds' charges more for his own stuff than versa larga, so i get versa larga at the mind the stock are on pro breeding which is £10,50 and the cocks and hens are on diet 1000, Not sure of the price for that, Ybs are on bjs popcorn mix, because it's good stuff ;)

Some time ago the Government got involved in something called quantitive easing. They pumped money into the economy which has had the effect of reducing the value of the pound. This has meant that imports were going to cost more and things like pensions and anyone on fixed incomes were going to have their income reduced in value. As usual when something like this happens many Companies jump on the Band Waggon and push their prices up as much as they can. The frustrating thing for me is that when the Government did this they knew that they were slashing people's incomes and now that they have pushed their reforms through they have yet another attempt to bring people to their knees.

I doubt if we have seen the last of these price rises but it could reach a stage where people will not be able to afford to keep pigeons at all. I know that I will have to reduce my stock this year. The sad thing is that many of my old favourites will have to go. I just hope that this does not upset me too much because I could quite easily decide that enough is enough.

Am thinking of ordering with other members of the club, a bulk order from Gem I shall have 10 x 25 kilo bags of different mixes to see me through the season. Am looking at around £140 for the 10 bags. This to me makes it so important to be selective in our breeding and whereas I'm sure some of us have carried rubbish in previous years, will now think twice.

• 6 months later...

Would be interested to hear what members pay for a bag feeding, and what type they buy?

Also, can we expect any more price increases in the near future?

I was at my corn shop last week and noticed that 20kg of beans from Bamfords were £16.50 which was a shock to me

the local farm sells clean beans ar £10 for 25kg same for peas and £6 for wheat and barley 25kg so I plan to base my feeding on these grains and just but maize and some oil/fats to add

I was 17.49 for 1bag wheat,and 1bagwhole maize the last time i got barley i was 7.50 a bag ,I cant get beans of the farm up here as no one grows them so i envy members who get the chance in the south ,I did see one chap said he was 16pounds for bag of beans from bamfords ,I thought this was a great year for farmers ? so surely this should filter through to us I hope.

Guest chad3646

all 25kg bags wheat £5-00...barley £6-00...beans £12-50...growers pellets £9-50...from Bells farm Knutsford

homestead you have to watch some of those outlets, i remember we bought some so called cheap barley there was sheep s..t all through it