2021 Rings

REDCHEQHEN

GB & NEHU rings are blue I have seen NWHU and they are bright green - what colour are the other organisations (FCI members all have to be blue, but not all organisations are in the FCI) NEHU rings are not issued until after Jan 1st 2021

SU rings are bright purple this year some boys ringing youngsters now 🙈

GB & NEHU rings are blue I have seen NWHU and they are bright green - what colour are the other organisations (FCI members all have to be blue, but not all organisations are in the FCI) NEHU rings are not issued until after Jan 1st 2021

no idea , i cant re-call if i have ordered any ??

Nae quite right IMO ringing 2021 birds in 2020 but possibly that would be the fault of the SHU or similar organizations for releasing rings to early but really who cares if the early birds want to feed youngsters 2 / 3 months more than me on you go IMO best off luck with your young ones 2021 though.

I'm only joking I've no ringed any...but can I ask what advantage do the fanciers tht do it get? All I see is more feeding?

I pair up xmas and take 2 rounds.... nearly always the late March start of April give me the best doos

Jst don't see what the hullabaloo is others ringing them if they want...no skin off my back

This all started when NWHU issued rings early. Eventually the RPRA started to issue theirs early and the SHU now issue theirs as soon as they receive them. I think it may have been to prevent the loss of sales. The RPRA have also placed a registration fee on NWHU rings. The SHU did not follow on this though. :)

This all started when NWHU issued rings early. Eventually the RPRA started to issue theirs early and the SHU now issue theirs as soon as they receive them. I think it may have been to prevent the loss of sales. The RPRA have also placed a registration fee on NWHU rings. The SHU did not follow on this though. :)

Big difference in price though for the pigeon fanciers though ;).

Big difference in price though for the pigeon fanciers though ;).

The only income the SHU has comes from Membership and Life Rings. My understanding is that the NWHU is ran from a private home. The SHU has office facilities and two staff members to pay. The Membership fee doesn't cover this, so the Life Ring income is essential. :)

The only income the SHU has comes from Membership and Life Rings. My understanding is that the NWHU is ran from a private home. The SHU has office facilities and two staff members to pay. The Membership fee doesn't cover this, so the Life Ring income is essential. :)

Maybe we need to look at the SHU model then if the NWHU can run much cheaper

It is similar to the NEHU - it is also their only income, membership is £12 per person and rings are 25p each

It is similar to the NEHU - it is also their only income, membership is £12 per person and rings are 25p each

I don't know how large the NEHU is, but the SHU has around 2000 members with around a 5% decrease yearly. There are a lot of new delegates in the SHU, or at least the opportunity for new Delegates, so hopefully more fresh ideas. :)

who cares when the rings are issued? The youngsters can't be raced until Y/b season, breed at this time of year and most people wont be able to let them out early doors due to hawk problem or bad weather for next few months. some believe youngsters need educated during the learning stage of 3-4 month of age. Others think differently, Where is the advantage in having a team of youngsters sitting in the loft for an extra few months. However this is a hobby and if someone gets his fun from breeding and rearing etc, where's the harm. too many nitpickers and as geordie 123 says it will still be same names at the top of the sheet regardless.

who cares when the rings are issued? The youngsters can't be raced until Y/b season, breed at this time of year and most people wont be able to let them out early doors due to hawk problem or bad weather for next few months. some believe youngsters need educated during the learning stage of 3-4 month of age. Others think differently, Where is the advantage in having a team of youngsters sitting in the loft for an extra few months. However this is a hobby and if someone gets his fun from breeding and rearing etc, where's the harm. too many nitpickers and as geordie 123 says it will still be same names at the top of the sheet regardless.

100% correct