Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you feel that way Phil, but it is the way I do it, why would i need advice from a good distance flyer up north, when I have won the London North Road Combine at both 510 miles and 599 miles, and winning two RPRA Region awards for my achievements at distance racing, and having a bird in the LNRC Hall of Fame, runner up Tommy long trophy(best average all distance racing is LNRC) and best 3 bird average from 510 miles in LNRC?

Fantastic results.

Aye great results is your 599 miles Lerwick and 510 miles Thurso? Must be a great feeling clocking a doo from Lerwick never mind winning the combine. Well done.

Yes 599 is from Lerwick, we have also been 2nd open combine from Lerwick, 3rd, 5th and 7th. But haven't sent for a few years now to lerwick. 510 is from Thurso yes

Naturaline in the drinker till basketing from tomorrow. Tomorrow morning feed consists of 50% fat 50 % depurative with 10 grams per pigeon. The evening consists of 75% fat, and 25% depurative.

If you bought a bag of ....lets say....versalaga champion+...and you fed it an ounce and a quarter a day per pigeon what do you think would happen to your results? You still use your conditioners just cut out depuratived etc

Naturaline in the drinker till basketing from tomorrow. Tomorrow morning feed consists of 50% fat 50 % depurative with 10 grams per pigeon. The evening consists of 75% fat, and 25% depurative.

Are you willing to name the the mixes ie; Versele/Marimans/Bamfords etc; ? 75% fat is that 75% fat mix or 75% actual fat ?

Different providers have similar grains but in different proportions. My usual feed from 3 days before basketing is 50/50 Bamfords Widowhood Express and Marimans Super Winner plus 10% Bamfords condition seed. When going for distance I usually add maize and/or/both peanuts at the same 10% depending on the weather, how they are exercising and my prediction for the race ahead. Your comments will be welcome.

If you bought a bag of ....lets say....versalaga champion+...and you fed it an ounce and a quarter a day per pigeon what do you think would happen to your results? You still use your conditioners just cut out depuratived etc

the only way is it to try it Steven, I couldn't predict if results would be better or worse.

Are you willing to name the the mixes ie; Versele/Marimans/Bamfords etc; ? 75% fat is that 75% fat mix or 75% actual fat ?

Different providers have similar grains but in different proportions. My usual feed from 3 days before basketing is 50/50 Bamfords Widowhood Express and Marimans Super Winner plus 10% Bamfords condition seed. When going for distance I usually add maize and/or/both peanuts at the same 10% depending on the weather, how they are exercising and my prediction for the race ahead. Your comments will be welcome.

I personally don't add maize Bluey, as that's what I want the birds to take in the basket, as there fat reserves would have already be where it should be by the time basketing comes around, carbs are quickly burnt out so they need them and need to use they are used quickly, my mixes even for sprinting contain little maize, but I know my birds will take them with relish being in the basket for 2 days, and eat them a lot quicker then the competition will who may have carb loaded there birds. I believe in fat loading as the finest source of energy, as it is slow burning. However 4 days before basketing hemp is infront of the birds at all times however this year it will be a combination of hemp and sunflower hearts. My mix contains peanuts however I also supplement this with 10 peanuts per day per pigeon, and hemp oil on the grain.

Why maize in the basket ?

And perhaps more importantly how much maize is in the mix fed by the conveyor ?

Barca International birds are fed Cribs maize, British birds at the distance are at the mercy of conveyors who take them there for profit.

Why maize in the basket ?

And perhaps more importantly how much maize is in the mix fed by the conveyor ?

Barca International birds are fed Cribs maize, British birds at the distance are at the mercy of conveyors who take them there for profit.

Maize is carbs they are only used at the initial release till 1hr-2hrs maximum.