Stolen Birds, Help Required.

hannah petrie

the culprit was up in court today, and has been remanded in custody, birds still not recovered

He has done this dozens of times and has caused untold misery to some people. The courts don't seem to take it seriously because it is pigeons. If it were dogs or cats he was stealing there would be uproar. If they do not put a stop to this this lad will get badly hurt by someone or he will seriously hurt a less able bodied person (as he has done before).

Well done for trying to help and get the birds back let's hope they don't come to any serious harm are are returned to the owner.

I used to keep stock doos at my dad's. There was a black cock that went missing twice then returned both times after a few month. Then one day a get a knock at door and its the doo thief. He asks to buy the black cock from my dad's. I says why this one. His reply I've stolen it twice and tried to settle it and both times it's came back to you so it must be a good doo.I politely put him on his way.the black cock was stolen a few week later, never seen it again

I used to keep stock doos at my dad's. There was a black cock that went missing twice then returned both times after a few month. Then one day a get a knock at door and its the doo thief. He asks to buy the black cock from my dad's. I says why this one. His reply I've stolen it twice and tried to settle it and both times it's came back to you so it must be a good doo.I politely put him on his way.the black cock was stolen a few week later, never seen it again

Ryan, thats totally shocking

Lowlife does he even care about the consequences of his actions.

People like that should be put in somewhere like Alcatraz. Pity we dont have somewhere like that here.

Mind u would Carstairs no do for the likes of him. He's mental enough for it anyway!

he would be right at home in carstairs they have racing doos there and a loft and compete in south lanarkshire fed

You know, and I am being serious here, the treatment - and understandably so - one would like to dish out to Dean Wells is a little of beat.

Yes he has done wrong. Yes he has upset and cause sadness to many through stealing their pride and joy, namely the pigeons.

How ever the culprit here needs help, not punishment. Seriously!

Being locked up a few times certainly hasn't helped him, his ways, let alone the next victim!

He isn't stealing to make money for himself! He genuinely has a fetish and a love for pigeons.... warped and misguided as it is.

From his photos he looks a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I think, deep down we all know and realise if truth be told, that locking him up - never mind throwing away the key, won't and hasn't change a iota in his feeble mind.

Maybe a little coup loft and a few grizzles donated would serve and be a better means AND WAY FORWARD? Yes with weekly sessions with a head shrink! We, society and pigeon fanciers in his neck of the woods need a way forward and protection from him in regards your birds.

Prison certainly hasn't be the way forward as the times of re - offending has proved. Violence and threat won't be and haven't been of any use. Nor ever will be. A arm around his shoulder's - instead of his neck, and introducing him to HIS grizzles and their' new home could possibly be, indeed would most likely have a far better, reaching, discerning power and effect in stopping his' stealing (Which he obviously doesn't class as such). Others wise when released again, some one else's birds will go missing.

Further, regards the good lady and loft, maybe we could have a number lock etc. fitted etc. as we certainly don't want to see the heartache and distress agin for her, or any other. JMO.

You know, and I am being serious here, the treatment - and understandably so - one would like to dish out to Dean Wells is a little of beat.

Yes he has done wrong. Yes he has upset and cause sadness to many through stealing their pride and joy, namely the pigeons.

How ever the culprit here needs help, not punishment. Seriously!

Being locked up a few times certainly hasn't helped him, his ways, let alone the next victim!

He isn't stealing to make money for himself! He genuinely has a fetish and a love for pigeons.... warped and misguided as it is.

From his photos he looks a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I think, deep down we all know and realise if truth be told, that locking him up - never mind throwing away the key, won't and hasn't change a iota in his feeble mind.

Maybe a little coup loft and a few grizzles donated would serve and be a better means AND WAY FORWARD? Yes with weekly sessions with a head shrink! We, society and pigeon fanciers in his neck of the woods need a way forward and protection from him in regards your birds.

Prison certainly hasn't be the way forward as the times of re - offending has proved. Violence and threat won't be and haven't been of any use. Nor ever will be. A arm around his shoulder's - instead of his neck, and introducing him to HIS grizzles and their' new home could possibly be, indeed would most likely have a far better, reaching, discerning power and effect in stopping his' stealing (Which he obviously doesn't class as such). Others wise when released again, some one else's birds will go missing.

Further, regards the good lady and loft, maybe we could have a number lock etc. fitted etc. as we certainly don't want to see the heartache and distress agin for her, or any other. JMO.

Hello

I was sec of the Deveron Valley Pc when he first started stealing our birds and I understand what you are saying but we as a club OFFERED him youngsters as he already had a loft in the town but he prefered to steal them and refused all help we were wanting to do to help him . Once he got the jail for stealing one of our members pigeons and the day he came out he went to the fancier door at 12 oclock lunchtime and said he was sorry for what he had done to this fancier [ he had broken in twice before ] . My fellow member said ok but dont come back that's it finished and done by

At one oclock the next morning he was caught red handed in this fanciers loft again so it is definitely treatment he requires but the courts done seen to look on pigeons as being of any standing in the pet line if was dogs at cats it would have been handled different

Hi Gordon. I feel for your club members, we all do. Of course we do. Agree the courts only - in the main - look at the costs and not the harm / damage and discontent of the victims. Rather let serious habitual criminals walk our street than dish out the correct justice(s). - I don't believe for a second the same so called justice would be handed out if done to the wealthier and well offs!

I'd wager that you, and your members, would certainly agree to him having mental treatment regardless where and how it was done. If that means in prison so be it.

But then it would cost(EVEN DOUBLE!!) ..... so they often use the adage 'Prisons are not warehouses to keep the culprits / villains away from society'! .... (Only if upsetting the hierarchy(! hence WE MUST try and help them amend their ways'! and they don't, wont as it costs money!

Glad he has been caught, and will be prosecuted yet again. Maybe a mental institution this time.

Sadly - which I fear is very rare to say the least, I haven't seen much help to the lady in terms of help / replacement.

I, personally. have no such birds that the lady keeps.

If needed, and a collection is the way forward for her, I will donate £20.

Maybe this is such a case that Pigeon Basic funds can help with?

I may be wrong in this regards and if so, please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks Roland payment received

Ian

I tend to agree with Roland that this person must be suffering from a mental health issue and is long overdue treatment for it. I think it may also be difficult to replace birds that are likely to be old favourites to the old woman. I hope they are recovered, but maybes offering a small reward for their recovery would be a better option than buying in new?

Thanks Ian payment received

Ian

Agree totally and will gladly match your £20.00 mate. :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Thanks Paul payment received

Ian