Internet Buying

REDCHEQHEN

Not necessarily pigeon related, but where have you purchased from around the world?

Although it takes a while to receive, I have purchased things from China, mainly craft based items, takes three weeks approx to arrive, but unbelievably cheap!

I ordered a set of calibration weights from China - the latter cost a "whopping" £1.73 for 4 weights. (And would have cost £7 from the UK)

Places I have been "stung", USA, not only did they not fulfill the order, charged me more for postage, then got stung for VAT and collection charges when it got to the UK. I got charged UK VAT on their increased postage and they were out of stock of half the items and didn't let me know!!! I would never order from America again (My daughter just got stung this Christmas ordering make up has ended up costing £90 for a mascara and lipstick, with duty VAT and collection charges :emoticon-0179-headbang: )

Any experiences from buying abroad anyone?

I never personally buy from any foreign countries at all. My internet buying is always with UK sellers / companies. By buying goods from outside the UK, am I not guilty of contributing to any economic decline, even in a very small way ? Yes, a lot of our goods are from China, but I'd rather pay a bit more which would maybe help some poor bugger with a small business, stay afloat. A bonus would be if this small business had a couple of employees as well.

Not necessarily pigeon related, but where have you purchased from around the world?

Although it takes a while to receive, I have purchased things from China, mainly craft based items, takes three weeks approx to arrive, but unbelievably cheap!

I ordered a set of calibration weights from China - the latter cost a "whopping" £1.73 for 4 weights. (And would have cost £7 from the UK)

Places I have been "stung", USA, not only did they not fulfill the order, charged me more for postage, then got stung for VAT and collection charges when it got to the UK. I got charged UK VAT on their increased postage and they were out of stock of half the items and didn't let me know!!! I would never order from America again (My daughter just got stung this Christmas ordering make up has ended up costing £90 for a mascara and lipstick, with duty VAT and collection charges :emoticon-0179-headbang: )

Any experiences from buying abroad anyone?

CALIBRATION WEIGHTS are you a falconer,, emoticon-0136-giggle.gif