Ancenis - Longest Race, Snfc

dkj

Birds doing higher vels winning prize money but not on any result!!Really?

I didn't say that. What I said was "There are birds that are doing higher velocities than some taking prizes or pools that don't figure in the published result". These are birds which are timed after all the section and open prizes have been won but before the money has run out. So there are birds home from the race long before the money has run out but not in the pool so do not get on the result - they can't be said to be inferior birds.

On the other hand there is always 'pools unwon' so these belong to pooled pigeons that aren't home. Perhaps these ones can be said to be inferior pigeons?

I didn't say that. What I said was "There are birds that are doing higher velocities than some taking prizes or pools that don't figure in the published result". These are birds which are timed after all the section and open prizes have been won but before the money has run out. So there are birds home from the race long before the money has run out but not in the pool so do not get on the result - they can't be said to be inferior birds.

On the other hand there is always 'pools unwon' so these belong to pooled pigeons that aren't home. Perhaps these ones can be said to be inferior pigeons?

Think you will find these birds started the weekend as the owners big pooler that didny perform or make it.......I have had loads of these.......there isn't much chance of a true result as many birds aren't even timed in from shorter nats due to numbers home but of course that's diffo at the long one

The pools winners at the bottom of a result are not allocated a position. It is necessary to have this info printed because fanciers would ask where the pool money went to if their pooler arrived in race time but there was no evidence to indicate where the pool money had been payed out.

Theoretically a fancier can return his clock for verification at any time until the 400ypm threshold is reached and should be issued with a velocity as there may be other averages in club competitions that the SNFC races are included in, the Social Circle being one such club so a fancier who times in race time is entitled to an official velocity but does not reserve the right to be put on the result when the bird has not won SNFC pools or prizes.

Another way to look at it would be compared to club racing if the giving club only have prize tickets for the first 3 positions should the club result only consist of the first 3 birds as I said I don't really care I just think it would encourage new fanciers to send to these races

The club i raced in the first six positions was the result.The following week you found out the also rans times.

The club i raced in the first six positions was the result.The following week you found out the also rans times.

If the full club result isn't published how can you object to it in writing within the stipulated 7 days?

Pre 2000 SNFC race results, was it not 1 - 20 since it's conception if my memory serves me correct. Beats me why it was changed..

Oh aye I remember.. The introduction of computerised results took away the Secretary's reply when fanciers wanted more names on a result "You can come along and do them"..

How many fancier have scored at the long race? How many consistently? How many SEND consistently? We don't send every year cos we see it as a job for the right bird and finding the right bird isnae easy....ye you could send them and find out but then there is usually another race on at the same weekend so???? If yer bird gets hame frae 600 mile in race time I canny see any harm in it appearing on a result.....if it wins an award ye can do yer own judgement of its performance.

Ave never known 1-20 to be a criteria Peter, 1-15 is what i remember but ave been wrong before :wacko:

Brought the subject up last night John at Clarkston show but nobody could remember anything about the 60s onwards.

Really felt awfy auld remembering having to travel to Dalkeith Miners Welfare to get the birds away or Waverly Train Station. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Brought the subject up last night John at Clarkston show but nobody could remember anything about the 60s onwards.

Really felt awfy auld remembering having to travel to Dalkeith Miners Welfare to get the birds away or Waverly Train Station. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Hamilton town hall is my earliest recollection Peter then Airdrie, nowadays it changes too often imo but bird flu put the sh*ters up NLC who immeditely imposed a ban on doos in their premises. Now a little more lenient but we've been pretty much nomadic since the marking station was moved fae Airdrie.

Hamilton town hall is my earliest recollection Peter then Airdrie, nowadays it changes too often imo but bird flu put the sh*ters up NLC who immeditely imposed a ban on doos in their premises. Now a little more lenient but we've been pretty much nomadic since the marking station was moved fae Airdrie.

I can remember standing in the queue at Hamilton town hall as a wean with my uncle Shug years ago John...

go with the degree of difficulty

south sections 1 in 20

middle sections 1 in 15

north sections 1 in 10

and only section prize winners can go forward for the open result

I bet this would go down a bomb :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Looking at the results every year the north birds would often be in before the middle birds 9 times from 10 .

Looking at the results every year the north birds would often be in before the middle birds 9 times from 10 .

where from , dont see it too often with the snfc, in distance racing over 500ml the north section is the hardest place to fly, time on the wing kills doo.s

where from , dont see it too often with the snfc, in distance racing over 500ml the north section is the hardest place to fly, time on the wing kills doo.s

Well said Davie,someone taking sense for a change :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: