Lets Talk About The Weather ?

Walter, the weather has everything to do with pigeon racing all over the world, so I certainly don't agree with you on that one.

Dosent matter how fit you think your birds are, I think if the weather stays like it is just now, there will be heavy losses.

All training that's been done has been done a lot warmer than it has been over the last few days, cant even get them out due to the cold weather we have had over the last few days. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

im saying it will be nothing to do with the weather if my own birds dont get home as ive done my bit as always cant speak for anyone else if mines go down it will be because there not good enough imo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say loft flying is becoming a no go.As percys at them as soon as they get going,then all hell breaks loose birds everywhere.So this evening taken the hens 12 miles road but as crow flies 7 miles for birds.Will go again tomorrow at 6am before work and try go again 6pm tomorrow evening.Like others say weather has been bitterly cold east winds at that,and if not blowing a gale its raining.

We start this Saturday 82 miles,but going to leave at home and try and get the birds out to 40 miles,both cocks and hens 23 cocks 16 hens and 2 injured hens left at home theyre finished already for the season.So plan is to go to second race point at same race point.

wet all week here, our birds arent out today . what weather conditions help you decide what to send ? no latebreds or yearlings in East , North-East winds ? none sent in temperatures below 10 degrees etc etc . whats your guide-lines to help you make a decision wether to send or not ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Am very pleased its north east winds and not south east there's more damage done in south east winds than any other the birds should hold a line a bit better and gives the fancers in the west section a real chance of topping the fed lets just hope it turns out ok it is wot it is a

after all agms are the places to sort thiss early starts out and an good old fancer told me years ago pick the worst looking doo in the loft for the early races they don't go by lol

Well i cant get peace to let doos out at home for the hawk another youngster killed the day before i seen the hawk eating it next door garden ,then training !! hopeless split up and lost 5 out of 29 all coming back in penny numbers ,and yes the weather far to cold ,racing should start in May ,seasons have changed up here spring last a few days usually in summer LOL.

Snap mate no real never been like this before

I haven't read any the posts as I know the script, we are all racing two weeks too early I have been saying this for ten years now and in ten years time we will still be talking about it, we as doo men don't help ourselves,start racing in winter conditions and by June nobody has a yearling left and if you don't race nationals then you almost don't have any racing in June and July and sit waiting on the young bird season, ground hog day, JMO.

I haven't read any the posts as I know the script, we are all racing two weeks too early I have been saying this for ten years now and in ten years time we will still be talking about it, we as doo men don't help ourselves,start racing in winter conditions and by June nobody has a yearling left and if you don't race nationals then you almost don't have any racing in June and July and sit waiting on the young bird season, ground hog day, JMO.

in total agreement with the above post even the first week in may would suit its not much fun sitting wrapped up waiting on the birds coming home

To be honest I cannae wait for Saturday this time last year the weather was smashing not so great this year might be better next year we just have to get on with it. If you think it's too cauld keep them in the loft :smiling-sun:

To be honest I cannae wait for Saturday this time last year the weather was smashing not so great this year might be better next year we just have to get on with it. If you think it's too cauld keep them in the loft :smiling-sun:

That's it in a nutshell