Great Night At Snfc

walterboswell59

Sorry to say the SNFC have got it wrong . I was on the committee when this rule was implemented and it certainly has a different meaning to what the sec thinks.Brian Johnston of Pencaitland s good blue cock was denied a Gold award for not having 5 section prizes although it had 4 section prizes and 5 open positions, amounting to well over 2500 miles.

Edited by Delboy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If rule 10 has been quoted correctly, it is correct, if it has flown 2500 prize winning miles. There is no mention of 4 section diplomas where 2500 miles have been flown to win them, as has been mentioned to the reason for this rule in regard to the North Section fanciers.

The only debate is the meaning of prize winning miles.

Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position Winner as published in the result) would indicate the Prize is a Diploma.

Did the pigeon win a Diploma for its "Open Position Winner as published in the result" in the race where it did not win a Section Diploma?

If it did not, then the Gold Award has been devalued when this rule was written.

All fanciers with pigeons that have flown 2500 miles or more and been placed on the Open Result since this rule was written should now apply for their Gold Awards.

I am not a SNFC Member, but I am commenting as a PB member who has been reading this particular thread. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Simple as this Dal, it isn't right :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Probably gan tae get rubbished for this next statement but fook it here it is lol...

The miles thing is a lot of nonsense. ...say I fly 400 miles against other fanciers in my sect..we all keep birds to do this distance and condition them for that race distance as well as train them....we have 30 sect prizes up for grabs but mine cones 31 and therefore not eligible for a sect prize.

Elsewhere a sect race 500 miles.....again the fanciers in that area keep, conditions and train there birds for the specific task....they have ten prizes but somebody comes eleventh......their bird does qualify???? Is it better than the shorter fancier? What was the wind like? How long did it take to fill the sect prizes??? This is why, in my opinion, the distance can have no bearing in this situation. It would purely be a matter of opinion. ....which it seems to have turned out.

I think Mary Pryde has done a fantastic job in her time as SNFC secretary and is the best person for the job going forward, but I think this is a mistake.

If rule 14 is looked at in conjunction with rule 10 it states:"For clarification only those within 1 in 10 in each section will Qualify for a Gold Award."

This clears up Kyleakin's question as to what are considered prize winning miles.

If it didn't then there would be no need for the first part of rule 10 to read: "A Gold Award or Diploma will be awarded to a bird which is a Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position winner as published in result) in five or more SNFC Channel Races,"

The ruling could do with tidying up a wee bit, but even as it reads now the bird in question has not won a Gold Award.

I think Mary Pryde has done a fantastic job in her time as SNFC secretary and is the best person for the job going forward, but I think this is a mistake.

If rule 14 is looked at in conjunction with rule 10 it states:"For clarification only those within 1 in 10 in each section will Qualify for a Gold Award."

This clears up Kyleakin's question as to what are considered prize winning miles.

If it didn't then there would be no need for the first part of rule 10 to read: "A Gold Award or Diploma will be awarded to a bird which is a Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position winner as published in result) in five or more SNFC Channel Races,"

The ruling could do with tidying up a wee bit, but even as it reads now the bird in question has not won a Gold Award.

You are absolutely correct Rooster, the secretary makes no reference to rule 14 in her statement which clarifies the criteria for winning a gold award I.E. -: Only those within 1 and 10 in each section will qualify for a gold award :- for me the secretary has made an error in not taking this into consideration and as such this bird does not meet the criteria required or qualify to to win a gold award IMO

During my short time in keeping pigeons and due to my lengthy time as being an administrator within club situations, I have noticed that pigeon club rules and bye laws are extremely messy. Any new additions are simply appended to the end of the current set of rules. This creates a dis-jointed set of rules which in turn cause confusion. As President of my club and Secretary of my federation I have endeavoured to tidy up this mess and both organisations now have clear guidelines on which they are able to function.

SNFC Rule 10 is not too far away from SNFC Rule 14. They may be on different pages in the book, but they refer to the same award. Rule 14 seems to be in place to clarify Rule 10 and as such should not be a separate rule, but in fact a paragraph within Rule 10.

"For clarification only those within 1 in 10 in each section will Qualify for a Gold Award". This is an absolute statement.

If the pigeon has not won a Section prize, it cannot have qualified as 1 in 10 in its section and is therefore not eligible for a Gold Award, the Open placing miles are uneligible.

I understand that this is Mary's first year in office. She will have been on a very steep learning curve and someone with more experience of the rules should have been on hand to assist her. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Gold Award 03 November 2015

I have received several telephone calls in connection with the Gold Award given to Turpie & McCord of Fife.

The claim for this award was submitted by Mr T Turpie and was assessed in accordance with Rule 10 in our yearbook which states:

A Gold Award or Diploma will be awarded to a bird which is a Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position winner as published in result) in five or more SNFC Channel Races, or alternatively a bird that flies a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles. Extra prizes awarded in any year do not count. All claims must be made to the Secretary on or before 1st September, stating race name, year and section position.

I checked the birds’ performance and noted it had only four section diplomas however it had flown in excess of 2700 miles and in my opinion met the criteria for a Gold Award according to Rule 10 as it is written.

The rule does not state that the bird requires to have section diplomas in five or more channel races AND to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

According to the dictionary an ALTERNATIVE is a choice of two things so my interpretation of the rule was that the bird had to have gained section diplomas in five or more channel races OR to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

I am appalled at the suggestions that something underhand has taken place in connection with this and trust that this statement will now clarify the situation and put an end to this matter.

Mary Pryde

Secretary

Correct me if im wrong but is she Stating that if im ever fortunate enough to have a bird fly say Alencon to Peterhead 4 Times (4x631miles=2524)and it disna even get a section ticket in any of the 4 races it would still be entiiled to a Gold Award ?????? as long as it gets open positions ???

Correct me if im wrong but is she Stating that if im ever fortunate enough to have a bird fly say Alencon to Peterhead 4 Times (4x631miles=2524)and it disna even get a section ticket in any of the 4 races it would still be entiiled to a Gold Award ?????? as long as it gets open positions ???

That appears to be what is being said, however because of Rule 14 it wouldn't be entitled. :)

Guest big50cal

There are more important things in life than arguing about this subject, at the end of the day the pigeon has flown an amazing distance and any pigeon that has flown that distance deserves a gold award. Rendering it is the pigeon ring number which goes onto the award - not the flyers name - it's all about the bird! The nit picking needs to stop! This can be addressed at the AGM.

I said it earlier in the forum, the rules need cleared up, we have three different rules spread over different pages covering the same rulling, and each is supporting and contradicting each other.

We need one rule outlining it's purpose and clear guidlines on the criteria that qualifies as a Gold Award.

Guest greegsy

Gold Award 03 November 2015

I have received several telephone calls in connection with the Gold Award given to Turpie & McCord of Fife.

The claim for this award was submitted by Mr T Turpie and was assessed in accordance with Rule 10 in our yearbook which states:

A Gold Award or Diploma will be awarded to a bird which is a Section Diploma Winner (not a Section Position winner as published in result) in five or more SNFC Channel Races, or alternatively a bird that flies a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles. Extra prizes awarded in any year do not count. All claims must be made to the Secretary on or before 1st September, stating race name, year and section position.

I checked the birds’ performance and noted it had only four section diplomas however it had flown in excess of 2700 miles and in my opinion met the criteria for a Gold Award according to Rule 10 as it is written.

The rule does not state that the bird requires to have section diplomas in five or more channel races AND to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

According to the dictionary an ALTERNATIVE is a choice of two things so my interpretation of the rule was that the bird had to have gained section diplomas in five or more channel races OR to have flown a minimum of 2500 prize winning miles.

I am appalled at the suggestions that something underhand has taken place in connection with this and trust that this statement will now clarify the situation and put an end to this matter.

Mary Pryde

Secretary

I was not intending to make further comment on this subject but this statement is so ridiculous I have to respond to it.

The claim was made by Mr T Turpie.

Afraid it wasn't made by T Turpie ALONE, the partnership are equally responsible for anything relating to their birds. Claims for Awards included.

This statement was worded to Distance the President from the scandal.

The Secretary has no remit to Interpetrate the Rules of the club, she is a paid employee of the SNFC to Administrate our business, no more, no less.

The committee have the First say on how this particular rule should be applied. The President has the Final say on how a rule is interpreted.

There is also such a thing as acting in the Spirit of rules and that most certainly hasn't been adhered to on this occasion and by the very person we all expect to be SEEN to act accordingly.

All of the Above are answerable to the MEMBERS.

So when the AGM arrives they will be asked questions and answers will be demanded.

I was not intending to make further comment on this subject but this statement is so ridiculous I have to respond to it.

Afraid it wasn't made by T Turpie ALONE, the partnership are equally responsible for anything relating to their birds. Claims for Awards included.

The Secretary has no remit to Interpetrate the Rules of the club, she is a paid employee of the SNFC to Administrate our business, no more, no less.

The committee have the First say on how this particular rule should be applied. The President has the Final say on how a rule is interpreted.

There is also such a thing as acting in the Spirit of rules and that most certainly hasn't been adhered to on this occasion and by the very person we all expect to be SEEN to act accordingly.

So when the AGM arrives they will be asked questions and answers will be demanded.

The only thing that is ridiculous is your continual bombardment of anything that doesn't fall in with what you, or whoever pulls your strings interprerate's as right or wrong.

We all have opinions, some are correct, some are wrong but seems all you want is a witch hunt no matter what.

Grow up, put your letter in and get the rule changed, Job done :drinking-coffee-200:

Edited by naedoos

Sorry this is boring as fk lol

One thing is this won't be sorted out on a forum

second thing is do you want to be looking for a new sec?

We have in my opinion a safe pair of hands in Mary just now and could be for many a year but listening to all this crap would make a saint walk..

You are right Geordie. I don't think Mary should be persecuted for what I consider to be an honest mistake.

Everyone in all forms of work make mistakes when they are new to a job,even when they've been at it for years.

She is very dedicated and has done a great job over all. I for one would like to see her in position to keep doing so in the coming seasons.