Anyone Race On Tic Beans

BANDIT

Beans are in my opinion the best feed possible to give them the stamina to make it home when things go wrong. It is also my opinion that the feeds we are using at present "modern" are responsible for the losses we are experiencing as their is only so much in the tank available to them, ie high in Carbohydrate and low in protein which are quick burning in the metabolism especially in colder climates.

Beans are in my opinion the best feed possible to give them the stamina to make it home when things go wrong. It is also my opinion that the feeds we are using at present "modern" are responsible for the losses we are experiencing as their is only so much in the tank available to them, ie high in Carbohydrate and low in protein which are quick burning in the metabolism especially in colder climates.

a good point there m8, beans were the main feed away back,

we predominantly use beans with other carbs and fats added when needed as the races get longer,depends on each race and the distance but early in the season it is mostly beans and the young birds are on beans about a week after they are weaned and they stay on them for most of the races

Love beans used to hopper feed

But it's all about correct % the body only stores 20 % protein

The best energy source is fats too much however like everything is bad for them.carbs are burned first as they are the readily available then fats then protein once this is burned the body metabolizes protein by taking it from muscle tissue hence the state "flown out" very thin and no muscle around the keel.correct training correctly prep and correct diet

Ask yourself this how many marathon runners live on a high protein diet

and look like the hulk even gone are the over muscled sprinter long lean and the correct amount of muscle

Foo for thought!!!

Love beans used to hopper feed

But it's all about correct % the body only stores 20 % protein

The best energy source is fats too much however like everything is bad for them.carbs are burned first as they are the readily available then fats then protein once this is burned the body metabolizes protein by taking it from muscle tissue hence the state "flown out" very thin and no muscle around the keel.correct training correctly prep and correct diet

Ask yourself this how many marathon runners live on a high protein diet

and look like the hulk even gone are the over muscled sprinter long lean and the correct amount of muscle

Foo for thought!!!

as MO Farah says train protein more training more protein train protein

Never raced birds on tic beans but have sent birds to races with ticks and found that

they do well, think it's because they're just itching to get home. :D :D

fk

the tics lol

I feed beans in the hopper as I work strange hours and they will not over eat on them

I feed and fly the birds out once a day and feed them Gerry plus to get them in. I just increase the amount of Gerry fed as the week goes on from say 1/4 ounce Sunday 1/2 Monday to end up 1&1/2 Thursday

i do the same with the ybs but feed them 2/3 Gerry 1/3 barley and stop when they leave the barley

its a easy way to race if stuck for time like me

We have hopper fed beans from Sunday to Tuesday then put them on a high carb race mixture wed, thur, Friday and had good results, we have also left a hopper of beans in all week and fed them the race mix daily and had good results. so I guess its like marmite you like them or you don't, we like them.

In the old days we fed the BMW system, Beans, Maize and Wheat. They did well at the distance but believe me they didn't return in the superior condition that they do nowadays. Using the more scientific mixtures and feeding methods DEFINATELY helps at the extreme distances although their will be plenty of pigeons to contradict this theory. Roger Bannister beat the 4 minute mile and fell over the line. Look at the athletes nowadays, they run marathons and don't even break sweat. Must move with the times lads imo.