Building The Base Today

BIGPETE

So I have been keeping the birds in an old converted tool shed and a chicken coop that was left at the house by the previous owners. Has done the job up to now and ok for prisoners but wasn't fit to race to.

Got the base for the racing shed started this morning.

All levelled out, just gotta raise it a touch more. Because of the position of the loft can't raise it as much as I would like. So probably looking to have the loft 6"-8" off the floor.

Will post up more as progress comes along. Any suggestions or ideas much appreciated.

So I have been keeping the birds in an old converted tool shed and a chicken coop that was left at the house by the previous owners. Has done the job up to now and ok for prisoners but wasn't fit to race to.

Got the base for the racing shed started this morning.

All levelled out, just gotta raise it a touch more. Because of the position of the loft can't raise it as much as I would like. So probably looking to have the loft 6"-8" off the floor.

Will post up more as progress comes along. Any suggestions or ideas much appreciated.

if you were up here i could get you plastic beer bottle crates about 8inch high perfect to raise the hight and looks neat and tidy get round the back of your local pub and you will get them you get them all different hights to m8

Cheers lads. I would have liked it 18"-24" off the ground but because of its position and how close it is to neighbours house etc and keeping them happy I could only get away with it being raised 7" at the lowest end and 12" at the highest (my garden is on quite a slope).

Added a few more noggins and little uprights and also DPC on top of each lot of slabs. Not the prettiest job I grant ye but I think you could drive a car on it without any issues :D

Got the loft up today. Bought a budget one instead of building one or splashing out on a posh one. I know you get what you pay for but current money situation and the new born means gotta be economical but plan to build the YB loft myself when time allows.

Roll on the 2015 season so I can start racing :emoticon-0126-nerd::D

Cheers lads for all the positive comments and well wishes. Really chomping at the bit and 2015 cant come soon enough so I can get racing! :D

Really smart mate,one little bit of advice,cover the doweled door and the air gaps along the roof with weld mesh,stop any vermin getting in. :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, I think thats a good idea. Will certainly add the mesh at the back and also the louvres at the front. Like you say better safe then sorry.

Looking good , but I would be wary of all the tree,s in close proximity , too many preditors can hide in there.

Believe it or not I have taken down about 8 bushes/trees already. There are 2 more I can take down, the others are not on my property. I will try and accidentally damage some if possible in the coming months. But dont want to cause any bad feeling with the neighbors.

Cheers lads for all the positive comments and well wishes. Really chomping at the bit and 2015 cant come soon enough so I can get racing! :D

Yeah, I think thats a good idea. Will certainly add the mesh at the back and also the louvres at the front. Like you say better safe then sorry.

Put the mesh on the front of the dowels, if on the inside the pigeons will cling to the wire mucking up their tail feathers.