Wanted Second Hand/new Loft

Guest jellams11

Guest jellams11

Hi new to pigeon racing and here,

Looking to buy pigeon loft with ETS timing system with minimum two sections max three for a good price either second hand or new. If new do you guys know a good company to buy from thats not too expensive but still good quality. If second hand please could you send me photos of your loft, and as i am saving up i wont buy for about two months, but if i like your loft i will be happy to pay a deposit. As im knew to this hobby any advice on starting up would be much appreciated.

I live in Buckinghamshire.

Thanks for your help!

Might be worth saying where you live and finding some fanciers local as they'll know if any lofts available and stuff ;) You'd be better off joining a local club and getting to know the sport as well perhaps help out a old hand and get some valuable experience :)

Guest jellams11

Thanks for the advice both of you, do you know any clubs down buckinghamshire way, And any advice for number of pigeons and number of sections to start with? Also what kind of prices would i be looking at to getting a new loft, obviously depending on size.

Hi new to pigeon racing and here,

Looking to buy pigeon loft with ETS timing system with minimum two sections max three for a good price either second hand or new. If new do you guys know a good company to buy from thats not too expensive but still good quality. If second hand please could you send me photos of your loft, and as i am saving up i wont buy for about two months, but if i like your loft i will be happy to pay a deposit. As im knew to this hobby any advice on starting up would be much appreciated.

I live in Buckinghamshire.

Thanks for your help!

jellams unless your a banker you will need more than a few months to save m8 as a new loft is not cheap from anywhere dont want to put you off just letting you know the facts incase you get a fright lol

Guest jellams11

jellams unless your a banker you will need more than a few months to save m8 as a new loft is not cheap from anywhere dont want to put you off just letting you know the facts incase you get a fright lol

I know mate ive seen couple of thousands, surely for a smaller loft like two sections would be around the £800 mark... or am i miles off. Thats why i was considering second hand loft but still want to make sure its properly functional and good quality.

Welcome to the site

Small loft should be 8 x 6 about £800

10 x 6 about £1K but both can cost a lot more.

Hope this helps,but if you have space,you'd be better getting something bigger with minimum 3 sections.

One section stock,second section widowhood cocks third section widow hens smaller section.

Or could fly natural race birds and have one section then for youngsters.

What I'd recommend you do is getting some ybs to start off with.

Remember QUALITY over quantity

Small team less problems to go wrong.

You will enjoy it more as well.

Guest jellams11

Yeh im keen to have quality over quantity, and if you have that price list that would be great!! And if i was racing widowhood and had youngbirds how many sections would that be, could i switch stock birds out for young birds (may sound dumb here but still getting to grips with what i have read on the internet about racing pigeons, so not sure what stock birds do?)

Yeh that clears it up for me thanks for the help, sorry for the dumb posts steep learning curve. Have you managed to find that price list :)

ask away we are all hear to help, ya the prices i gave above are off the price list, 12x6 £747 standard 12x6 heavy duty £896 this was 2013 price list ecco lofts.

Guest jellams11

Can i ask you where you got the price list from cant find it anywhere?

Can i ask you where you got the price list from cant find it anywhere?

And i know its a real dilemma but its hard to find the exact loft you want in your area second hand so it looks like it will be new..

Guest jellams11

yeh the lower end priced ones are just a bit old and i still want some quality and teh others are around £1800 a little more than i would like for a first time buying + they are huge about 4/5 sections

Is there not any shed builders near you, i draw a plan for what i wanted and gave it to a shed man, he gave me a price, thought it was cheaper, then do the internal stuff to suit you

if that helps good luck

I am kind of feart to say as i was told i was speaking rubbish the last time this came up but if your fit enough buy the framing and exterior ply and build what you want.

best loft structurally was one I made mesen , but you need a lot of time to build it :)