National Racing?

blucock

Now theres an idea from a relatively new guy to the sport, I think its deffo the answer to a lot of the problems. 2 different averages, 2 different types of fanciers ( middle /long distance).Brilliant idea Geordie my old son.

[/quote

Delboy,...why do you feel that you must split into two clubs ie. short/middle distance to have averages for these distances you can have this within the present setup,I cannot see the problems that you talking about....let fanciers decide whether they wish to compete from middle or long or all races....now if there is a problem with race points or dates then I am sure they can besorted within the S.N.F.C. as it is at present.......the minute you start creating other clubs thats a start to a downward trend....good luck when the birds get released...

I didn't say split into two clubs, have two different national programmes under the same SNFC umbrella.It would suit everyone and I personally would still be competing in both programmes.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ame='JOHNSEE' date='22 June 2013 - 21:02 PM' timestamp='1371931378' post='848077']

I didn't say split into two clubs, have two different national programmes under the same SNFC umbrella.It would suit everyone and I personally would still be competing in both programmes.

This is what I was meaning^^^^^

Lewis, I canny understand your attitude. I suppose when your 23 you see things differently lol.You seem to think there are no advantageous positions from distance races??How wrong are you here. Its not only inland races that are unfair, location is the key to all national races. Remember, ye canny demand success in the big events.

I'm not sure what I've said that's made you think this Derek, as I've never implied anything along such lines.

I'm not sure what I've said that's made you think this Derek, as I've never implied anything along such lines.

You always imply that the inland races ( yb nat too ) are a farce because of unfairness, well the long distance races are the very same m8.

I agree Derek ,I am retiring to Dunbar, only problem is the wife said I am going myself.

Dunbar is nae use Tom! Drove today at 6am to Hexham to see a wee pal about a new car,astra estate as usual!went down the 74 where the weather was not that good then drove home up the a1 and had a wee chuckle to myself as I stopped at the one loft race at lamberton, then coldingham,Duns Ayton,st Abbs etc etc etc,and the next time I am down that way I will have another wee chuckle!!! :o

Dunbar is nae use Tom! Drove today at 6am to Hexham to see a wee pal about a new car,astra estate as usual!went down the 74 where the weather was not that good then drove home up the a1 and had a wee chuckle to myself as I stopped at the one loft race at lamberton, then coldingham,Duns Ayton,st Abbs etc etc etc,and the next time I am down that way I will have another wee chuckle!!! :o

lololol

You always imply that the inland races ( yb nat too ) are a farce because of unfairness, well the long distance races are the very same m8.

Of course there are locations at a greater advantage in long distance races, this is something I have never disputed.

but

You'll struggle to come come across a long distance race where one area has nigh on the first 200 positions every year.

I agree Derek ,I am retiring to Dunbar, only problem is the wife said I am going myself.

lucky fkr :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Edited by stb-

you widny want to live there john its just to easy for ye m8 and ye would move back :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Just about to go out for tonight, but the figures for the inland nationals have held steady since the introduction of the Maidstone race in 2007, on the other hand the birdage for the Gold cup race has dropped dramatically, will try and get some more figures tomorrow.

Example before and after the inclusion of the Maidstone inland national.

2005 Alencon 2240 birds

2007 Alencon 1480 birds Maidstone 4230

Get rid of one SNFC inland race, then you will see the Gold cup race having another 500 birds competing, get rid of the 2 and you will get the birdage in the gold cup race to over the 2000.

You cant dispute facts and figures so you will agree that the Gold Cup entry has also dropped since the introduction of Ypres. To me the main channel races are Alencon, Tours and Clermont. I wouldn't send a pigeon to Ypres that I fancied for any of the other races but I think many particularly in the west do otherwise jmo.

You cant dispute facts and figures so you will agree that the Gold Cup entry has also dropped since the introduction of Ypres. To me the main channel races are Alencon, Tours and Clermont. I wouldn't send a pigeon to Ypres that I fancied for any of the other races but I think many particularly in the west do otherwise jmo.

This may not go down well with fellow guys in the west but many hold doos back for ypres instead of the Gold cup which for me I would take a doo on the gold cup result any day over a ypres result. The same reason I have a 2 year old going to tours or whatever the new point is rather than ypres. Getting a doo on the result fae ypres is very hard bt the real deal is yer french races

This may not go down well with fellow guys in the west but many hold doos back for ypres instead of the Gold cup which for me I would take a doo on the gold cup result any day over a ypres result. The same reason I have a 2 year old going to tours or whatever the new point is rather than ypres. Getting a doo on the result fae ypres is very hard bt the real deal is yer french races

Finally we are getting somewhere. Well said Geordie

Well done Geordie. Stick in fella and you will get there?

Has anybody real thought that it mite be the economic situation ie people have cut back sending as many can't afford to send as many birds

think it would be a grate idea to have 2 different average trophies our something along them lines middle distance newbury maidstone ypres and distance alencon toures and clermont. nice 1 geo

For me it does not take away any prestige of winning a nat trophy whether it be a inland or channel trophy but maybe it is time we all get together and realised guys don't want to cross the channel and some do.

Infact it will do the scottish doo racing more have 2 national average champs than one.

PS I'm all about scoring out the channel but I'm only one part of the equation

Getting a section prize and being on the open result in our first snfc old bird national will long live in the memory, I seen him coming from miles away and what a buzz. Yes I agree long term we are all about over the water as well but I will never forget our first snfc race from Newbury and I couldn't give a hoot that its ONLY an inland national.

Getting a section prize and being on the open result in our first snfc old bird national will long live in the memory, I seen him coming from miles away and what a buzz. Yes I agree long term we are all about over the water as well but I will never forget our first snfc race from Newbury and I couldn't give a hoot that its ONLY an inland national.

As I said in an earlier post to get on a result from an inland race with bigger bidages takes a lot off doing mate. keep it up pal your doing something correct

I used to send all my yearlings and latebreds to the coast with the Federation because they were all coming into the local area.

Our Federation now like many have incorporated the SNFC inland race programme and the result is they are being dragged all over the country learning nothing and becoming disorientated into the bargain resulting in losses.

I have let it be known on the forum before that inland nationals are a disaster for distance racing in my opinion and the Northern fanciers should be asking themselves how Ritchie & Whyte up in Fraserburgh managed without bleating on about being disadvantaged.

The West fanciers birds have to turn into the prevailing West wind about Tranent for the last 40 miles where the North birds don't.

How do u work that oot peter ?? does nobody west of fraserburgh keep doo,s, every week our birds dog leg west, an God knows how boys NORTH o inverness keeps doo,s. reading some of these posts suggests fanciers central belt are in another world, think if they came up here and flew thier doo.s they wouldn.t last 2 seasons. inland Nat 230miles ????? we fly we,r Y/Bs 240mls. and i think i would rather hav a club ticket fa hastings 495miles than NAT ticket fa 240 mile, After all there are more middle distance birds than thier are Distance, jmo peter, and i wish everybody and the birds the best for every race, ATB Ronnie,

Sorry Mate and well done on ur first go at Nat, my reply to peters post isn,t aimed at anybody, and dont wont to belittle anybodys success, u can only compete against the entry, well done ForestForever74 and hope u do well cross water, ATB Ronnie