K.index

tyson

for those thst are interested in this subject the k index was at storm level on 1st june and reached between k5 to k7 was this the probable cause for the poor raceing yesterday in my opinion I believe it does affect the pigeons imo

for those thst are interested in this subject the k index was at storm level on 1st june and reached between k5 to k7 was this the probable cause for the poor raceing yesterday in my opinion I believe it does affect the pigeons imo

If you believe in the K-index do you think it affects different parts of the country different the reason I,m saying this is I am up in the north of Scotland and we were racing from Arninston 132 mile yesterday and I had 15 out of my 16 home within 30 minutes with my other one turning up later . I think most of our fed,s fanciers would have or very close to having all their doos home yesterday .So the K-index never affected our doos fortunately .

Yours in sport Robbiedoo

its difficult to tell but it seems that most of the feds raceing out of england yesterday experianced either heavy losses or very erratic raceing who really knows what the answer is it was just an observation because something interfered with the homing ability with races south of the border

Well in perfect conditions some doos never left the racepoint when liberated yesterday, whether it was the K-Index or Predators that was the cause of this i do not know and probably never will know, not for Certain anyway.

Just gotta suck it up and move on with those that did come home. Must say i'm glad i never sent my National candidates cos i'm no sure they would have faired much better than the Yearlings. jmo!

Well in perfect conditions some doos never left the racepoint when liberated yesterday, whether it was the K-Index or Predators that was the cause of this i do not know and probably never will know, not for Certain anyway.

Just gotta suck it up and move on with those that did come home. Must say i'm glad i never sent my National candidates cos i'm no sure they would have faired much better than the Yearlings. jmo!

Great preparation for the doos which made it home. Hours on the wing with a wee rest they birds should be bouncing shortly.

you may be right , why did it not have any effect on those that came home ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

simples the ones that got home are healthy or are strong enough to fight whats going through the baskets in every club which i told the members on here about months ago why the surprize yes clashing and bop will take its toll but when the birds cant breeth properly they cant take the chase or the hard fly and they will go down just like i said and as long as fanciers keep vaccinating yb when old birds are training or racing you will keep getting it no matter if we fly east or west there homing pigeons think about it even if its next month they should get home

Do you think that having the shutters down on the transporter is affecting there orientation I think pigeons should be able to see day light for a good while before liberation its like taking your pigeons straight out the boot of your car and liberating them straight away they will mess about for a good while but if you let them sit outside for ten mins they will clear a lot quicker.

Do you think that having the shutters down on the transporter is affecting there orientation I think pigeons should be able to see day light for a good while before liberation its like taking your pigeons straight out the boot of your car and liberating them straight away they will mess about for a good while but if you let them sit outside for ten mins they will clear a lot quicker.

Jim not sure what Lanarkshire do. But the Irish boys who liberate at Strathclyde park have the shutters up until there ready to lib then they cut the strings then close the shutters then liberate.

I 'm no into this K index theory ,But do no that i used to breed 30 yb race them and be left with say 24

Now i'm sure this space thing has been going on millions of years so they say but the peregrine problem has not ,all nest sites are well hatched now ,example when the convoy of the solway arrive into the gretna area on race days my birds have 30 mls to fly north from leaving gretna i know of nine nest sites that they must pass to get home now thats a possible nine strikes from 30mls before that they have to face the shap fells and cumbria ,Now just picture a race from 300 mls if they face the same ration of nest sites Thats a possible 90 Strikes Frightening ain't it but fact The bigger the convoy the bigger and easier the target hence the erratic racing ,A Falcon now feeding 3 - 4 young must make many kills per day including saturdays .

Great preparation for the doos which made it home. Hours on the wing with a wee rest they birds should be bouncing shortly.

Yer hopefully right Frank.

Some of our doos have had more time on the wing the last three weeks than they had over the course of the first 6 races last year. Got 11 picked out to try and get ready for Alencon and they'll not see a race basket again until then. If all goes to plan of course :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I 'm no into this K index theory ,But do no that i used to breed 30 yb race them and be left with say 24

Now i'm sure this space thing has been going on millions of years so they say but the peregrine problem has not ,all nest sites are well hatched now ,example when the convoy of the solway arrive into the gretna area on race days my birds have 30 mls to fly north from leaving gretna i know of nine nest sites that they must pass to get home now thats a possible nine strikes from 30mls before that they have to face the shap fells and cumbria ,Now just picture a race from 300 mls if they face the same ration of nest sites Thats a possible 90 Strikes Frightening ain't it but fact The bigger the convoy the bigger and easier the target hence the erratic racing ,A Falcon now feeding 3 - 4 young must make many kills per day including saturdays .

Totally agree,but everyone seems to try and find different reasons for the losses.Its clear as day IMO.

Mike I said the peregrines were down late to nest due to the cold snap in spring that's why the early races were a bit better than normal. Feeding and teaching youngsters now

Mike I said the peregrines were down late to nest due to the cold snap in spring that's why the early races were a bit better than normal. Feeding and teaching youngsters now

Spot on frank thats the score .

Totally agree,but everyone seems to try and find different reasons for the losses.Its clear as day IMO.

I have 17 widow cocks at present of which only six are race fit all others have returned injured and will now have to be wintered as the races are to long to play catch up with 50% fit doos .

simples the ones that got home are healthy or are strong enough to fight whats going through the baskets in every club which i told the members on here about months ago why the surprize yes clashing and bop will take its toll but when the birds cant breeth properly they cant take the chase or the hard fly and they will go down just like i said and as long as fanciers keep vaccinating yb when old birds are training or racing you will keep getting it no matter if we fly east or west there homing pigeons think about it even if its next month they should get home

Don't quite understand the bit about vaccinating y/b when o/b are racing, can you explain what that has to do with losing o/b?

you may be right , why did it not have any effect on those that came home ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

all pigeons have various levels of magnetite in them. which i believe is 1 of the senses birds use to get home in some it might be their main sense. magnetite is used in birds with the magnetic pull in our case of the north poll. solar flares at storm level going by K index will affect the magnetic field. so some birds will be greatly affected and some won,t.

all pigeons have various levels of magnetite in them. which i believe is 1 of the senses birds use to get home in some it might be their main sense. magnetite is used in birds with the magnetic pull in our case of the north poll. solar flares at storm level going by K index will affect the magnetic field. so some birds will be greatly affected and some won,t.

I can understand how this may affect our birds and this maybe the reason for birds taking longer to clear racepoints but if the birds were left to their own devices they would eventually clear and return home.IMO when the birds struggle to get their bearings and are hanging around in big batches their being hit,those things can spot prey from miles away.

I can understand how this may affect our birds and this maybe the reason for birds taking longer to clear racepoints but if the birds were left to their own devices they would eventually clear and return home.IMO when the birds struggle to get their bearings and are hanging around in big batches their being hit,those things can spot prey from miles away.

Totally agree

Even when training ybs for example see when they clear straight away 9/10 times ye get a gd toss when the fk about the doos get skelped