Derby Internacional Arona Tenerife - One Loft Race 2013

WulDon

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and well done Willie, you and "BIG BRO" done Scotland proud. I just returned from Tenerife this morning where I spent a great day on Saturday with the "Doolanders" and fanciers from all over the world. The atmosphere was electric, especially as the ETA approached. The temperature showed 30c by afternoon and Hoody and Bosworth kept ours down by continually refilling the cups with DORADA. It was great to chat with the other fanciers, The Welsh and the UNC guys and even the ones that didn`t speak our language gave you a good smile and a warm handshake. The roar that went up when the winner was shown on the board was amazing. I was unable to attend the presentation on Sunday night as the wife had taken ill, but Smithy, Hoody and J Boz attended to represent Willie Donachie, Big Bro and Scotland. I can`t remember the names of all the fanciers (Worldwide) that asked about you and asked me to pass on their best wishes Wull.

As a lot of the basic members have said, a great pigeon bred for the job. Seashore, Allan. :scotland: :scotland: :scotland:

Hello and well done Willie, you and "BIG BRO" done Scotland proud. I just returned from Tenerife this morning where I spent a great day on Saturday with the "Doolanders" and fanciers from all over the world. The atmosphere was electric, especially as the ETA approached. The temperature showed 30c by afternoon and Hoody and Bosworth kept ours down by continually refilling the cups with DORADA. It was great to chat with the other fanciers, The Welsh and the UNC guys and even the ones that didn`t speak our language gave you a good smile and a warm handshake. The roar that went up when the winner was shown on the board was amazing. I was unable to attend the presentation on Sunday night as the wife had taken ill, but Smithy, Hoody and J Boz attended to represent Willie Donachie, Big Bro and Scotland. I can`t remember the names of all the fanciers (Worldwide) that asked about you and asked me to pass on their best wishes Wull.

As a lot of the basic members have said, a great pigeon bred for the job. Seashore, Allan. :scotland: :scotland: :scotland:

Hi Allan... ye the Derby Arona weekend is truly a sensational experience as you have now witnessed, to have fancier friends from all corners of the globe is what makes our hobby so remarkable... win or lose i will continue to support this event every year that i can, every time we visit the island of Tenerife we visit the Derby Arona Team who's hospitality is second to none!

To all my friends throughout Scotland, the UK and foreign shores i thank each and every one of you for the great sportmanship and support that has been shown during this great one loft race over the years... and i wish each and every one of you success with your future entrants! if you keep plugging away the bite of the cherry will come your way... so stick in and never give up!!!

All the very Best

William Donachie

just back from a great break in Tenerife this morning, :) enjoyed the whole Arona weekend from the friday night welcome at a tapas bar in the hills and then on to the race on saturday with fellow doolanders alan,john and jim along with a big crowd from every corner of the globe at the loft awaiting the first arrival,had plenty beer, paella and roast pig!!!! :lol: even managed a wee game of table tennis!!!!! waiting for the breakthrough which unfortunately amounted to two birds only on the winning day:( so was delighted to hear wuldon had clocked on sunday morning to be 6th open and 1st british bird :scotland: :scotland:

we had a great evening at the gala dinner/dance on sunday night where we were delighted to collect on willies behalf his gold ring and trophy!the Ledesma family who run a fantastic set up were as ever looking after everyone :) unfortunately the big draw back at Arona being the poor returns!!

probably be back next year just the same though. :lol: :lol:

Guest tom123

hi delboy

for fanciers watching the event on live stream you could not imagine the brisk westerly wind that was cutting across the island ,obviouslly you noticed the 34 degrees temp, but the wind was the main factor on the day ,which predicts the main batch of birds were pushed across to the morroco a far wat off tenerife and just didnt come back up

this also make the birds that did more of a success for there owners sadly our sole entry wasnt one of these but hey we battle on in 2014

From the official web site;

THE PIGEONS KEEP RETURNING AFTER THE RACE CLOSED

We are surprise today two pigeons returned from Final race. Many pigeons had returned from HOTSPOT races in the past months and many more pigeons will do. The are who speak about sea loses, in their hell bent effort to justify their point of view, would have one believe that the pigeon that chooses to exercise its free choice to seek greener pastures in other islands must be viewed as mortality. In Canary Islands more of 50.000 are breeding and tested every year.

From all entrances we still having about +100 Pigeons in the loft and many more will back. This pigeons will be auctioned in the next months.

We are surprise today two pigeons returned from Final race. Many pigeons had returned from HOTSPOT races in the past months and many more pigeons will do. The are who speak about sea loses, in their hell bent effort to justify their point of view, would have one believe that the pigeon that chooses to exercise its free choice to seek greener pastures in other islands must be viewed as mortality. In Canary Islands more of 50.000 are breeding and tested every year.

From all entrances we still having about +100 Pigeons in the loft and many more will back. This pigeons will be auctioned in the next months.

would be good if there was a list of birds currently in the lofts

to see what had returned from the series of races

i was surprised when someone on the livestream said that birds which returned late and missed out on a race didnt get to enter the final race

wouldnt of thought this was correct?

would be good if there was a list of birds currently in the lofts

to see what had returned from the series of races

i was surprised when someone on the livestream said that birds which returned late and missed out on a race didnt get to enter the final race

wouldnt of thought this was correct?

it is correct happend to me in 2011, my bird was put away untill the auction, not injured in any way.

Well now we know. When you are sitting with 3 out of 40 from a 100 mile yb race it will be comforting to know that your missing birds are exercising their freedom of choice to seek greener pastures. It was nothing to do with BOP, bad weather, race controllers, convoyers sun spots etc