E.T.S Pads.

William Reid

It could be adapted to lay UNDER the FLOOR of the Sputnik but NOT legal to be put under the LANDING BOARD. What a waste that would be if a pigeon of yours raced home to win and you were to be disqualified for the pads not being in the right place. Certainly not worth the risk.

all clocking systems have rules if ets does not have rules then it should not be getting used and should be banned so fanciers could be sitting pads on loft roof if they wanted so this could be intepritated as cheating

I dont have ETS but was surprised that not needing to be sealed.

the ets pads are part of the clocking system and should be sealed in place us that use manual clocks have to have our clocks sealed otherwise you are disqualified you have got to remove rubber ring put it in thimble unless you are using a thimbless clock so ets has a very unfair advantage ( think I will have to get one and have about six pads on loft roof that way I could time 20 all at same time)

all clocking systems have rules if ets does not have rules then it should not be getting used and should be banned so fanciers could be sitting pads on loft roof if they wanted so this could be intepritated as cheating

Here we go again!! Check your rule book, ther are rules that exist and work ;)

the ets pads are part of the clocking system and should be sealed in place us that use manual clocks have to have our clocks sealed otherwise you are disqualified you have got to remove rubber ring put it in thimble unless you are using a thimbless clock so ets has a very unfair advantage ( think I will have to get one and have about six pads on loft roof that way I could time 20 all at same time)

Thats a great place to put them the bird comes home hits the trap first time thats you fecked

Talking about positioning your pads all over the loft, I knew a fancier that no matter where he was in the garden on a Saturday his birds would drop from the sky to him so wherever he was, he could time in.

Once again Only if the bird is there to win the race

• 6 months later...

PERFECT ANSWER

WELL SAID

agree tyson but would not be banter if snfc says its not right remember they have previos of not agreeing with shu over ets m8 only takes someone from snfc to say its ok and not wait till someone has a good yin in the national then saying in there opinion its not legal lets hear it from the snfc comitee there must be some on hear m8

Think one has to look at the wording and ,meanings of Confine, Confined, Confines etc.

All have different interpretations of course.

Nothing is said that they have to be confided or controlled is as much that they can't moved / fly off.

Simple reality is the fact that many manual clockers want a more level playing field and are trying to enforce unenforceable rules.

I asked a member that sits on council if EVER any rules will be enforced. 'NO! of course not ... and if any rule was made as such does one really think that the Sectary or designated person(s) will, or will be able to attend at others clocking? Let alone get up Sunday morning and travel around! It will never happen.

Like the verification of a winning bird, does it happen? (No of course not)

What about club rulings ... they can't supersede the RPRA / WHU / SHU etc. rulings. Likewise as they can't supersede the ruling of the land. Let's face reality here, that could mean one club being handicapped - as they see it - against another club in the Fed or National! Won't happen, right or wrong, or whatever one wishes or hopes for,

If any one wants to climb a rooftop or chimney, to clock a bird in so be it I say.

It was meant, and is still, that a pigeon has to walk through and Opening ON TO a pad. Can one see that happening?

Of course not.

As for levied against time, yes. - Wont ever happen - but I would willingly give 15 second on my first birds arrival and 12 seconds there after. But the ET owners wouldn't entertain such an idea.

Billy99 I'd ask him for the showing of the rule and it's legal interpretation, not a contrived one.

Think one has to look at the wording and ,meanings of Confine, Confined, Confines etc.

All have different interpretations of course.

Nothing is said that they have to be confided or controlled is as much that they can't moved / fly off.

Simple reality is the fact that many manual clockers want a more level playing field and are trying to enforce unenforceable rules.

I asked a member that sits on council if EVER any rules will be enforced. 'NO! of course not ... and if any rule was made as such does one really think that the Sectary or designated person(s) will, or will be able to attend at others clocking? Let alone get up Sunday morning and travel around! It will never happen.

Like the verification of a winning bird, does it happen? (No of course not)

What about club rulings ... they can't supersede the RPRA / WHU / SHU etc. rulings. Likewise as they can't supersede the ruling of the land. Let's face reality here, that could mean one club being handicapped - as they see it - against another club in the Fed or National! Won't happen, right or wrong, or whatever one wishes or hopes for,

If any one wants to climb a rooftop or chimney, to clock a bird in so be it I say.

It was meant, and is still, that a pigeon has to walk through and Opening ON TO a pad. Can one see that happening?

Of course not.

As for levied against time, yes. - Wont ever happen - but I would willingly give 15 second on my first birds arrival and 12 seconds there after. But the ET owners wouldn't entertain such an idea.

Billy99 I'd ask him for the showing of the rule and it's legal interpretation, not a contrived one.

15 seconds you sure? i've known a man in my club to have 10 on the clock within a minute using a stall trap. is this fair to those that use open doors the debate go's on :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0123-party: