Snfc Programme 2012

Delboy

Sorry Alan

Never been tae a meetin mate, fed ,nat never.

People far more qualified than me tae produce race progs! Just voicin my opinion at Graeths ideas which I thought was quite good and I am sure someone might put somethin similar forward at an AGM and then the members can vote on it!

STEVEN I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE MATE BUT ALL THE POSTS ABOUT BLAMING THIS AND THAT AND ALL THAT CRAP IS STARTING TO GET ON MY TITS NOW MATE BUT WHY DO WE CHANGE OUR GOLD CUP RACE ALMOST EVERY YEAR????? LAST YEAR WE HAD GREAT RETURNS FAE THE GOLD CUP AND THIS YEAR IT WAS CHANGED AGAIN AND WAS A DISASTER WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT?????

WE NEED TO GET BACK TO HELPING THE PIGEONS AS IT IS HARD ENOUGH FOR THEM WITHOUT US MAKING HARDER FOR THEM.........

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Alan

Never been tae a meetin mate, fed ,nat never.

People far more qualified than me tae produce race progs! Just voicin my opinion at Graeths ideas which I thought was quite good and I am sure someone might put somethin similar forward at an AGM and then the members can vote on it!

PS......ALL THE BEST FAE YPRES AND TOURS MATE I HOPE YOU GET A GOOD YIN :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

STEVEN I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE MATE BUT ALL THE POSTS ABOUT BLAMING THIS AND THAT AND ALL THAT CRAP IS STARTING TO GET ON MY TITS NOW MATE BUT WHY DO WE CHANGE OUR GOLD CUP RACE ALMOST EVERY YEAR????? LAST YEAR WE HAD GREAT RETURNS FAE THE GOLD CUP AND THIS YEAR IT WAS CHANGED AGAIN AND WAS A DISASTER WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT?????

WE NEED TO GET BACK TO HELPING THE PIGEONS AS IT IS HARD ENOUGH FOR THEM WITHOUT US MAKING HARDER FOR THEM.........

got to agree Alan,we had 70 years at the same place and the last 3 years alencon,reims messac!!!! who knows where we will be next year!!!!!!!! i fancy the faroe islands next year as the wee pig farmer along the road from me and auld jock won it in the 60s. :D :D :D :D now thats P*** !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

got to agree Alan,we had 70 years at the same place and the last 3 years alencon,reims messac!!!! who knows where we will be next year!!!!!!!! i fancy the faroe islands next year as the wee pig farmer along the road from me and auld jock won it in the 60s. :D :D :D :D now thats P*** !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Lets be honest about the reason for changing the Gold Cup race its all about People looking for an advantage ! That have a huge Advantage as it is Now they want jam on it.

PS......ALL THE BEST FAE YPRES AND TOURS MATE I HOPE YOU GET A GOOD YIN :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

You to mate!

Too much choppin and changin for me also, a return tae tradition is wot I would like tae see, both rout and program, but that wilnae happen!

We had a very successful race frae La ferte bernard and never returned? I dont know why but others will enlighten1

First channel race

9th June - EAST Ypres 441 miles -WEST Carentan 458 miles

This date for the first channel race allows pigeons to be able to get back to the Gold cup which is what this club is all about, it is also at a distance that many fanciers feel comfortable with and comes early in the season which will stop fanciers going gun-ho and emptying the loft.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yearling national

16th June - EAST Maidstone 358 miles- WEST Portsmouth 356 miles

This race has been very successful within the INFC for many years.Perhaps a limit could be put in place so to protect next years candidates for the channel.

longest race

30th June - with whoever who we can convoy with.

Gold cup

Only Channel race where feds can duplicate into.

7th July - EAST Saint Quintin 510 miles - West Fougeres 520 miles.

This race has to be given priority, duplication will get it back to the old days of every fancier talking about and competing in the Gold cup and it is at a distance that feds would be happy at making their duplication race for their members.

--------------------------------------------------------

Last channel race

14th July - EAST Lillers 445 miles WEST Carenten 458 miles.

Again an attractive distance for most fanciers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of this program

2. More Gold award winners
  3. No excuses that we need transportation for 6000 birds, so 1 new transporter only required.
  4. Better returns with fed & combine races from inland races which in turn helps with entries for the channel the following year.
  5. The shorter distance races from the channel will only give encouragement to new and existing members.
  6. With the Gold cup race being shorter then inturn a bigger entry may be had in the longest race for fanciers seeking that longer event.

Bad points

Im sure they wont be long coming, lol

ps

Saint Quentin is in between Lillers and Reims, same line of flight.

Gareth a was talking to my neighbour tonight turns out its your brother lol small world

Guest Gareth Rankin

Gareth a was talking to my neighbour tonight turns out its your brother lol small world

He would rather shoot a pigeon than have anything to do with them.

Ps

If your next door to him ill have a word if you want extra space for your lofts

Guest stb-

ye sure ye didny mean a tall world geo he been there aw the time ye just couldny see his head for thye clouds ,, the sun comes oot and ye find yer next door neighbour :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

He would rather shoot a pigeon than have anything to do with them.

Ps

If your next door to him ill have a word if you want extra space for your lofts

naw mate he's across the road but ill will move my lofts over if its a bigger garden lol only joking

ps i tried to pm you but i think your inbox is full just incase anyone else is trying to get u

Guest Gareth Rankin

naw mate he's across the road but ill will move my lofts over if its a bigger garden lol only joking

ps i tried to pm you but i think your inbox is full just incase anyone else is trying to get u

Will sort inbox when I get home

Cheers

Guest Gareth Rankin

Am no far away frae agreeing with this!

Gareth you show east and west race points? Is it yer intention tae have an east race before the gold cup then a west race after?

Would you consider a middle route such as Chatres/Le Mans/Bourges and forget about east west?

Solway could not make it to the coast on their own fed wise so would the yearling derby interfere with plans for 2/3yr olds who would not make it to the coast or would they be able to enter at a lower entry fee for training or fed purposes only?

Regards to middle route, I feel that going a more middle route in France gives thepigeons a bigger spanse of water to fly over approx 110 miles compared to that of the cherboyg peninsula which is 60 miles, makes life a little easier for the race controllers.

Feds should be tying up in regions for the linger inland races so don't see any problem that the solway lads can't tag along with the feds in the west. For me yearlings only as is the format for the Irish boys.

Regards to middle route, I feel that going a more middle route in France gives thepigeons a bigger spanse of water to fly over approx 110 miles compared to that of the cherboyg peninsula which is 60 miles, makes life a little easier for the race controllers.

Feds should be tying up in regions for the linger inland races so don't see any problem that the solway lads can't tag along with the feds in the west. For me yearlings only as is the format for the Irish boys.

That's what's needed Gareth ,getting yearling to the coast for experience and all heading in one direction ,the furthest we go on our own now is 200 plus miles because of transport costs and lack of birds HOPELESS .

Cant agree to duplication in the Gold Cup. This is the most prestigious race of the year and you have the possibility that the winner would be beaten by a federation bird. This would take the glory away from the winner. Dont have a problem with changing the date. We have a blank week next weekend in the middle of July when the weather should be at its best???.

Cant agree to duplication in the Gold Cup. This is the most prestigious race of the year and you have the possibility that the winner would be beaten by a federation bird. This would take the glory away from the winner. Dont have a problem with changing the date. We have a blank week next weekend in the middle of July when the weather should be at its best???.

i agree 100 % with you

Guest Gareth Rankin

Not happy with the idea myself Jade but it is designed to get a higher percentage of fanciers going to the race, the race is struggling and something drastic has to change, NO HALF MEASURES

If the subscription was lowered and the pay per system was in place there would be no danger of this happening.At least not if the member duplicating is sane :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Guest Gareth Rankin

If the subscription was lowered and the pay per system was in place there would be no danger of this happening.At least not if the member duplicating is sane :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Within a few years i can see a relationship between the SNFC and SHU were you only pay one fee then everyones a member. Perhaps in Scotland all the Inland races will be controlled by the SHU and have zonal liberations starting in short races with 8-12 liberations throughout Scotland and by the time we hit the coast 2 or 3 libs, this then is were the National takes over for the channel events.jmo :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

how on earth do we expect to get entries for the main races eg gold cup and tours when we have 3 channel races within 8 days ,time to drop one of the inland races and bring ypres forward to early june something has to be done we cant go on like this.

Not happy with the idea myself Jade but it is designed to get a higher percentage of fanciers going to the race, the race is struggling and something drastic has to change, NO HALF MEASURES

and that means TAKING birds away from federation racing ,look at the BIG PICTURE GARETH PIGEON RACING IS STRUGGLING ITSELF NEVER MIND NATIONAL RACING AND MAYBE IF MORE THOUGHT WAS PUT INTO GETTING YOUNGER/OLDER PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE PIGEON GAME IT WOULD BE ALL THE BETTER FOR IT :001:

Guest TAMMY_1

and that means TAKING birds away from federation racing ,look at the BIG PICTURE GARETH PIGEON RACING IS STRUGGLING ITSELF NEVER MIND NATIONAL RACING AND MAYBE IF MORE THOUGHT WAS PUT INTO GETTING YOUNGER/OLDER PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE PIGEON GAME IT WOULD BE ALL THE BETTER FOR IT :001:

And what do you suggest for that?

Sammy you can forget gettin young folk or old folk interested its no going to happen JMO The game will be Futted in less than 15 year time for too many reasons.