glasgow and renfrew feds

johno

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about time they were forgeting bout weather forcasts been talk of cancelling since tuesday.

Another weekend wasted :B :B

its only a y/b race rab and i think they have made the right move . sunday is a far better forecast

Birds better of in there own loft than in a pannier

I agree with this but I do believe these decisions have been made hastily.I would put a few quid on the west section feds getting up tomorrow.The weather looks ok from 10 am - 4pm on the east coast imo :-/

about time they were forgeting bout weather forcasts been talk of cancelling since tuesday.

Another weekend wasted :B :B

Looks like a correct decision to me.

The weekend is only wasted if we throw away youngsters as has happened so often.

Our transporter leaves tonight for the race point but most of mine are at home---my choice.

its only a y/b race rab and i think they have made the right move . sunday is a far better forecast

just looked at it the now and sunday now looks the worst. Im going away tommorow so it prob my last chance to get a race under there belts  now:B :B

Looks like a correct decision to me.

The weekend is only wasted if we throw away youngsters as has happened so often.

Our transporter leaves tonight for the race point but most of mine are at home---my choice.

Good choice Novice, we didn't send any tonight.

Good choice Novice, we didn't send any tonight.

I think many fanciers thought like that.

There's always next week. I took the chance and sent them all last week so there is time for them yet.

I assume you will enjoy some retail therapy tomorrow

Which one was that????????
bbc weather edinburgh and borders,  sat

10am sunshine occasional light shower  until 4pm themn shuts in . sunday rain all day,

thats what it says,   But hey different sites different forecasts, :-/ :-/

That seems to be the problem,no two sites are the same - The weather channel shows wall to wall rain Sat & Sun.Just like today it was glorious this morning  then rain,rain & more rain

Like to give the y/b the best chance as the feathers are starting to fall and not as tight and waterproof as they should be.Rather have them back than a medal or all back and the medal.  ;) ;)

That seems to be the problem,no two sites are the same - The weather channel shows wall to wall rain Sat & Sun.Just like today it was glorious this morning  then rain,rain & more rain

Like to give the y/b the best chance as the feathers are starting to fall and not as tight and waterproof as they should be.Rather have them back than a medal or all back and the medal.  ;) ;)

I tossed the birds in Inverary again at half seven this morning, all home save and sound before me, just as well as the afternoon turned hellish.

Forecast I use says grim again tomorrow but a great day on Sunday, fingers crossed.

The problem is if your not basketed and it turns out a great day tommorow which one forecast says then you have missed the boat.  On the other hand if you basket on sat and sunday turns out crap your worse of as they cant race and are in a situation that you cant do anything about.

The problem is if your not basketed and it turns out a great day tommorow which one forecast says then you have missed the boat.  On the other hand if you basket on sat and sunday turns out crap your worse of as they cant race and are in a situation that you cant do anything about.

Do you fancy the job of race controller Rab,you could always put your name forward at the agm. ;)

I'm a believer in "you always basket on a friday" as if the doos are at the racepoint they can go as i think they will the morra ;)

That's pigeon racing for you dammed if you do dammed if you don't

what im trying to say is if they were basketed tonight and tommorow is good you get a race if its bad you can hold till sunday but by not basketing your loosing your options as you only have one chance then.  pigeons always used to go friday and hold if bad, they dont need to go and sit at these short racepoints as can leave when good.  75% of these call of have been wrong and had worse day on sunday, Jmo ;)

Do you fancy the job of race controller Rab,you could always put your name forward at the agm. ;)

thats not race3 controling vincent cos your not at a race yet. ;) ;)