glasgow and renfrew feds

johno

the race controller gets it in the neck every time , if he makes a call we should ALL  back him , he could give us brilliant racing for years and then makes a bad call ,that is what he's remembered for that one bad race ,  big willie gass is our race controller and i back him 100% ive been at his house before he libs birds and seen what he does before he makes a decision to lib ,if he call's off a race for 24 hours then he's doing it for the wellfair of the birds ,and for those out there that say he's got it wrong 75% of the time could not be further from the facts , i can remember a lot of races that have been cancelled when others went hundreds of miles  down the road only to return them either to a 50/60 mile toss  or back to the clubhouse's , whats that old saying if in doubt ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote from stb 75% of these call of have been wrong" this is not an opinion this is a definite statistic. please be so kind as to give details of the 75%. when where etc. back up your stats please. would you please confirm if you are a current member of glasgow or renfrew?
well johno the 75% wrong is about the weather forecasts and not about any particular fed, as i dont beleive that glasgow has had many this year as far as i am aware.  you are getting weekends when feds in roughly the same areas cancel or go ahead

going on weather forecasts which are tottaly different. Some are right some are wrong but do you not think you should be able to get a weatherforcast that is the same for all.

you can go on 4 different weather sites and all are different which to me means there crap.

The point im trying to make is it not better to go to a race than find out we have been given the wrong forecast and miss an oportunity. If you want facts and statistics just go through the old posts on here on who sent today and whats returns like in your area and you will see that a lot aint wright everywhere.  I personaly dont think we can rely on the forcasts now

The met office has last week apoligised for all the mistakes they have been making this year and it says they are 65% wrong.  

quote from D express.this week the forecasters admitted they got it wrong, sheepishly revising their sunny outlook as parts of the UK endure three times more rainfall than average.

From holidaymakers packing up early at washed-out campsites to farmers struggling to harvest crops in deluges there is dismay.

How could the weathermen, with the latest technology at their fingertips, get it so wrong? Not since Michael Fish made his notorious remarks downplaying an approaching hurricane in 1987 has the Met Office shot itself in the foot so spectacularly.

At a time when it’s asking us all to take fears about global warming ­seriously it is facing a crisis of trust.

The row also puts the very purpose of the Met Office under the microscope. The organisation, which has its HQ in Exeter, has a virtual monopoly on forecasting the weather in the UK.

DESERTED: Empty deck chairs on Brighton beach in East Sussex, as the wet weather continues.  

Organisations and industries such as the BBC, fisheries, airports and government departments, including the MoD which is responsible for overseeing the Met Office’s work, pay commercial rates for these vital predictions.

In some cases, such as the rescue services, the accuracy of forecasts can literally mean the difference between life and death.

The Met Office claims it gets its short-range forecasts right 85 per cent of the time and in theory is supposed to stand on its own feet by selling its services. Last year it made a modest profit of £4million so there was no burden on the taxpayer.

It describes itself as a “trading fund†but is little different to the semi-autonomous quangos, which attract so much derision. For the reason that it is more efficient than many organisations with government links the body has largely escaped scrutiny – until now.

They have all this tech­nology but couldn’t do a worse job if they went back to the days of sticking a ­finger in the air and hoping.  

Devon beef farmer Richard Haddock

The suspicion remains however that the Met Office should do better. Later this month a new £33million super-­computer is due to begin forecasting. Chiefs say it is capable of making 1,000billion calculations every second and will make predictions about our fickle weather even more accurate.

Mark Smith, head of tourism in Bournemouth, feels improvement is long overdue. He will meet Met Office officials next week to try to resolve a dispute that’s been simmering since May when the Met Office forecast gloomy bank holiday weather for the resort.

It turned out to be a sizzler but tens of thousands of would-be trippers had already decided to stay at home, costing ­traders an estimated £1million.

I must agree about the consistancy of the forecasts they don't seem to do us any favours Maybe on reflection it is best to be at the race point and double your chances and there is always the old adage "Safety in numbers" Three reported to date in our club from Sunday Gretna,Eccelfechan & Carlisle

the race controller gets it in the neck every time , if he makes a call we should ALL  back him , he could give us brilliant racing for years and then makes a bad call ,that is what he's remembered for that one bad race ,  big willie gass is our race controller and i back him 100% ive been at his house before he libs birds and seen what he does before he makes a decision to lib ,if he call's off a race for 24 hours then he's doing it for the wellfair of the birds ,and for those out there that say he's got it wrong 75% of the time could not be further from the facts , i can remember a lot of races that have been cancelled when others went hundreds of miles  down the road only to return them either to a 50/60 mile toss  or back to the clubhouse's , whats that old saying if in doubt ?
Stuart i dont no why you are name mentioning as no one is critisising the race controller, its the wrong fekin weatherforcasts were getting all the time that is causing the problem and people are obsessed with it now. Eg  im no sendin to training on thurday coz its a bad weatherforcast.

this is said on a fekin tuesday and guess whot the fekin forecast wrong.

The waether forecasters cant get it right.

If its Wullie Gass who controls the race im sure he does whats best for the birds and puts a lot of effort  into it and gives a lot of good races, but must be hard for him and any other race oganiser when they dont get the wright info to start with. :-/