Ybs Experiment

Darnaway

Dall2 ' …… Would it be an idea to take a note of the birds that you feel are most affected by the initial sickness and then the secondary infection

Indeed a good Idea.

Further same in regards where the best best are bred from. One may well be surprise the parentage comes from one or two ...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The YBS is I believe initiated by a virus and it works along the same line of the AIDS virus in that it compromises the immune system and in the case of humans things like the common cold or simple bacterial infections present a real danger . People with an intact immune system are able to easily fight of these everyday infections but someone without a decent immune system has a problem

My understanding of the YBS treatment from Colin Peak helps to switch the immune system back on this allowing the bird to fight off the everyday challenges it faces , the likes of canker, cocci for instance

Hope that makes some sense

The YBS is I believe initiated by a virus and it works along the same line of the AIDS virus in that it compromises the immune system and in the case of humans things like the common cold or simple bacterial infections present a real danger . People with an intact immune system are able to easily fight of these everyday infections but someone without a decent immune system has a problem

My understanding of the YBS treatment from Colin Peak helps to switch the immune system back on this allowing the bird to fight off the everyday challenges it faces , the likes of canker, cocci for instance

Hope that makes some sense

dont like to knock anyone trying to help the fancy andy but i tried this stuff for two years and still got it m8

in fact this year is the first in 15 years i have not needed to cull any youngbirds touch wood but ybs is a small word being used for lots of problems with our youngsters

Walter I totally understand that and what I am trying to articulate is that probably the Adeno virus is the culprit and reduces the effectiveness of the immune system and then the bird is open to attack from many different angles and I suggested Cocci, Canker , enteritis etc as possibly agents that then cause secondary infections which is the big challenge to identify what is attacking the pigeon , as always these are just my thoughts but thought I would share them during these unusual times for us all and with regards to losses I have moved on one and in the past 6 years at my current location this has been the best year so far

Think it may well become less of a burden when Fanciers stopped looking for miracle wonders bought bought and realise that Munity constitution etc. and healthy lofts are looked to and sorted. First off, out crossing pigeons would be a good first step I believe.

Yes Yb's is a Secondary attack from another weakened immune system.

As stated in earlier post regarding no feed whatsoever

Nothing Tuesday night

All day Wednesday/Thursday

Very small amount seeds 3pm Friday more seeds 6pm

Saturday only small amounts of depurative at intervals

Today depurative morning

Three quarter depurative plus maples takes this evening

They are flying about the section and aviary's desperate to get out

Depurative plus gerry plus feed tomorrow morning water then taken away lucozade before they get out 3pm

Droppings all ok again

Lucozade sport ?

I got told about lucozade by one of the best distance flyers ever to race into Lanarkshire

It is difficult to describe the height the pigeons went

That is why they keep smarties off hyper children

Lugols food and iodine have same effect

As I mentioned in a earlier post I am using trident 3/1 in water and on the food , tonight Ybs would not come in so just fed them some seed when they did come in ,just locked up and seen a couple Ybs throwing up so will see what they are like in morning but think the dreaded sickness has arrived.

Now into the second week of my experiment and droppings all spot on , birds flying approx 45-60 minutes once a day however the past two nights I have noticed that on landing at least half seem disinterested in trapping and they are only fed once a day and before the past couple of days all in within a minute which makes me wonder if something is still working on them, they will now be kept in and will fast until Thursday evening and then some light feed the joys of young birds lol

As I mentioned in a earlier post I am using trident 3/1 in water and on the food , tonight Ybs would not come in so just fed them some seed when they did come in ,just locked up and seen a couple Ybs throwing up so will see what they are like in morning but think the dreaded sickness has arrived.

used this couple of years ago colin and again another waste of money like every product i've used before to try and prevent it...the only product that works for me when they do get the secondary infection i.e ecoli is amoxycillin

used it for years now and wouldn't go past it

Having worked within the NHS for 40 years now I often reflected with my brother the number of kids from more upmarket areas that always seemed to have ailments where the kids that jumped about the dykes never seemed to be neither up nor down so building up natural immunity makes perfect sense so will leave cleaning the lofts out daily. The youngsters from the action that didn't seem intested in food have been fasted for the past 24 hrs and plan to give them a light seed mix tomorrow night

Checked y birds this morning no vomit or bad dropping s and they were hungry so decided to let them out and they flew well for half hour then picked around then flew again for a while so when they landed called them in never moved a muscle an hour passed still not interested so just left them to come in themselves but gave no food they only had a very small amount yesterday so do think they have something up but maybe the trident is helping them but not sure ,will keep them in tomorrow and see.

Feel your pain Colin as mine are all looking well, everything is in place apart from just not interested coming in for feeding yet the weeks before they would be breaking the door down. So I agree with you something must be in the background but will keep an eye on them

Having worked within the NHS for 40 years now I often reflected with my brother the number of kids from more upmarket areas that always seemed to have ailments where the kids that jumped about the dykes never seemed to be neither up nor down so building up natural immunity makes perfect sense so will leave cleaning the lofts out daily. The youngsters from the action that didn't seem intested in food have been fasted for the past 24 hrs and plan to give them a light seed mix tomorrow night

So you don't need to suck eggs lol ^_^

Was a time, a few years back, when a House proud mum kept the house, cloth spotless, Wipe any spot, or mar straight off. Her kid wasn't allowed to get dirty - and missed out a lot from growing up with other kids his age.

Always had him at the docs for the slightest sneeze... Till one day he spouted- rather rude 'Good **** Woman let him alone and play in the mud, suck a worm or whet ever, other wise he will always be a weakling relying of …. U.s. your are harming him. He must gain an immunity ….'etc.

Shocked she spoke to others... but realised that they agreed with the doc'. Yes he was out making mud pies etc. etc.

Now that is at least as true today, if not more so, than ever before.

Stupid potions and build up drugs only - often and most like - camouflage illnesses.

We have all seen great show conditioned birds in the crates... Many shouldn't even be in them.

We are being very detrimental to the well being of our - supposedly - loved birds! Not J.M.O. thoughts, but factual.

Checked y birds this morning no vomit or bad dropping s and they were hungry so decided to let them out and they flew well for half hour then picked around then flew again for a while so when they landed called them in never moved a muscle an hour passed still not interested so just left them to come in themselves but gave no food they only had a very small amount yesterday so do think they have something up but maybe the trident is helping them but not sure ,will keep them in tomorrow and see.

Today

No vomit ,no bad droppings but appetite not what it should be , they also look very well ! A little stumped but do believe they had/have something.

A good feel no doubt. Mind - personally, I think 'rest' is of an utmost importance.

Spending energy, sometimes, whereas them doing very little, relaxing and resting.

I often smile when I hear fanciers say / brag that they birds are tearing up the skies for a 2-3 hours. I believe that energy would be better saved for the week - end race personally. Mind everyone to their own. Also I suppose what distance one has in mind. Also will they be prepare if the weather plays havoc, and makes it a very hard race? yes many roads to Rome. J.M.O.