Fars Ma Doos

philg50

All the prep and training in the world.

Won't mater one jot Phil.Be thankfull for what's still sitting on perches.

Stephen yer the perfect poster of bloody gloom , look it's a queer race , I've been in the doos for 51 years and there's always been QUEER racing ie , atmospherics , etc has always been a topic in doo racing , the main reason for birds not getting back home in queer racing is feed the bloody things , and if they have ta meet serious problems on route , they have bloody fuel ta get home , no matter what car y drive , it still needs fuel otherwise y walk , this is young birds don't feed them for 10 & 20 on the drop feed them for there schooling , ta get home the size of our fed , there should be 2 Brechins , before racing starts one trainer from the west only west sec birds , ie on a Monday , and another from the east sec on the wed , then first 2 races from Brechin all birds on lorry ta start the race program , I am sure it would make a difference , and fund the races by holding squeaker sale , and am sure every fancier would willing pay a tenner each for lorry driver wages I know that would get yer birds ready for the races they have later on in life , food for thought ?

Stephen yer the perfect poster of bloody gloom , look it's a queer race , I've been in the doos for 51 years and there's always been QUEER racing ie , atmospherics , etc has always been a topic in doo racing , the main reason for birds not getting back home in queer racing is feed the bloody things , and if they have ta meet serious problems on route , they have bloody fuel ta get home , no matter what car y drive , it still needs fuel otherwise y walk , this is young birds don't feed them for 10 & 20 on the drop feed them for there schooling , ta get home the size of our fed , there should be 2 Brechins , before racing starts one trainer from the west only west sec birds , ie on a Monday , and another from the east sec on the wed , then first 2 races from Brechin all birds on lorry ta start the race program , I am sure it would make a difference , and fund the races by holding squeaker sale , and am sure every fancier would willing pay a tenner each for lorry driver wages I know that would get yer birds ready for the races they have later on in life , food for thought ?

I don't usually reply but Walter has hit the nail bang on the head any thing is worth a try to get better returns and he is spot on feeding wise no petrol no miles all the best Walter

It's the gods honest truth Walter.Maybe it s.Time of year? Who knows with certainty?

Old birds know what's in front of them every time they go in a basket.However it's not always the case as regards youngsters.But rest assured they know by first race.life is for living not just surviving.Bloody birds don't no who they are or where they are going to.Blind panic takes over and they might fly 100s miles off course! Out of interest has everyone

That's got doos missing this race feeding on the light side?

Totally agree with this Walter, pigeons must have love of food and comfy loft to make them motivated to come home.

The drivers nae that expensive Walter ;) As you know new to all this but from a convoyers point of view would agree with you on training days from the lorry as its certainly noticeable how unaccustomed to their surroundings these young birds have been on the first 2 race days.

Its certainly not the feed in my case ,feed light never!! I feed to get them home non of this feeding light to keep them lean and trap rubbish some of the new feeds i widdna hae in my shed .What the answer is i dont know but i wish someone would come up with something to try .

I believe in full crops for my young birds I suppose some that have to win at all costs feed light or nothing but it's young birds that need learning so why feed light as if they hit a hard race the chances are they will go down especially with wits hapning lately with the losses at least if they have anough fuel it givs them a fighting chance to get home even next day but that's just my opinion as everyone has the own just hope fanciers get more birds today from which was a bad weekend for a lot

Ats aboot bang on walter.

John

Come on John it was 70 mls not 700mls When you toss your birds do you send them with a full crop. If you did send them with a full crop I bet when you get home your baskets are full of mixture I dont send my doos empty but I dont send them with bulging crops either. Its ok for the boys in the east section they can talk about 10 plus on the drop how often does that happen in the west section. unless your sending 80 doos plus

Its certainly not the feed in my case ,feed light never!! I feed to get them home non of this feeding light to keep them lean and trap rubbish some of the new feeds i widdna hae in my shed .What the answer is i dont know but i wish someone would come up with something to try .

Jesus Phylis “I feed to get them home†Topic heading “Far ma Doos†:emoticon-0136-giggle: Brilliant

Jesus Phylis “I feed to get them home†Topic heading “Far ma Doos†:emoticon-0136-giggle: Brilliant

With a brain like yours yer wasted you would think a man like you that told me you were one of the real fanciers should be able to come up with something more constructive to answer last weekends problems .

The drivers nae that expensive Walter ;) As you know new to all this but from a convoyers point of view would agree with you on training days from the lorry as its certainly noticeable how unaccustomed to their surroundings these young birds have been on the first 2 race days.

. Yes Ron I know but what I am getting at is out with the fed program thanks for what yer doing Ron X

With a brain like yours yer wasted you would think a man like you that told me you were one of the real fanciers should be able to come up with something more constructive to answer last weekends problems .

I told you that I was one of the real Fanciers ?? :crying: it gets better !!

Come on John it was 70 mls not 700mls When you toss your birds do you send them with a full crop. If you did send them with a full crop I bet when you get home your baskets are full of mixture I dont send my doos empty but I dont send them with bulging crops either. Its ok for the boys in the east section they can talk about 10 plus on the drop how often does that happen in the west section. unless your sending 80 doos plus

So you think that birds in Sunday was just flying 70 miles , well not bloody one was flying 70 of 80 miles , and I believe honestly there was a lot of them youngsters still raking roon the sky at 12 hrs , and yes some flew 400 miles na bother , there is some that will go down early the ones with hard mussel that melts like butter in a hot day , but birds with soft mussel will fly , a lot longer , and why feed mixture in the first place ta make them sick food for thought , I don't ?

So you think that birds in Sunday was just flying 70 miles , well not bloody one was flying 70 of 80 miles , and I believe honestly there was a lot of them youngsters still raking roon the sky at 12 hrs , and yes some flew 400 miles na bother , there is some that will go down early the ones with hard mussel that melts like butter in a hot day , but birds with soft mussel will fly , a lot longer , and why feed mixture in the first place ta make them sick food for thought , I don't ?

bang on the money theres 2 of our feds birds down near stirling came intoday with their trainers they are being brought up on Sunday to Turrif show Gordon Wilson will get them ones a broke doo some flying they done the lad who has the broke doo says its a wee bit down but its a cracking young in pity it could not tell us how many miles its flown I,ll put the ring nos up tomorrow once I get them

bang on the money theres 2 of our feds birds down near stirling came intoday with their trainers they are being brought up on Sunday to Turrif show Gordon Wilson will get them ones a broke doo some flying they done the lad who has the broke doo says its a wee bit down but its a cracking young in pity it could not tell us how many miles its flown I,ll put the ring nos up tomorrow once I get them

. Yes Alan there is some that will go hundreds of miles over the years I've heard some stories of there travels ta other countries they don't do that in a few hrs , but it's good ta see there's some getting picked up , one of mine went into mcaley & ferguson on the Sunday , I don't like them going into other lofts but we don't know what happened on Sunday hope the rest of the races goes weel ?

. Yes Alan there is some that will go hundreds of miles over the years I've heard some stories of there travels ta other countries they don't do that in a few hrs , but it's good ta see there's some getting picked up , one of mine went into mcaley & ferguson on the Sunday , I don't like them going into other lofts but we don't know what happened on Sunday hope the rest of the races goes weel ?

Did you only lose the one walterbmasson i had 2 in Forfar 1 in Dundee 1 in Blairgowrie there are supposed to be even birds in Edinburgh Gogs had a bird in Kirremuir really strange be it hawks or weather some change never had it as bad as this ,I am sick of using my phone nae kidding .

East winds this Saturday in Fife,the y/birds don't like that.

07:00 NE 2 mph to 3 mph 14°C 0 mm 47 % 1018 mb

10:00 E 5 mph to 5 mph 17°C 0.1 mm 44 % 1018 mb

13:00 E 8 mph to 8 mph 20°C 0.1 mm 17 % 1017 mb

16:00 E 9 mph to 12 mph 19°C 0.1 mm 3 % 1016 mb

Did you only lose the one walterbmasson i had 2 in Forfar 1 in Dundee 1 in Blairgowrie there are supposed to be even birds in Edinburgh Gogs had a bird in Kirremuir really strange be it hawks or weather some change never had it as bad as this ,I am sick of using my phone nae kidding .

. No I've still 3 adrift out o 21 I got 2 the day weel flown the day far ever they have been , bit at eens it's coming back themsels will,ba fit for the YBN so there's always some good comes out o bad races .