Ideas For The Snfc

Delboy

Spot on mambo and it would be a worthy champion ?

Walter the national is a embarrassment here in Scotland the English have less shame as they fly out west Barcelona pau and further giving very little advantage to anyone,on the day

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points , I brought these points up at a SNFC committee meeting many ears ago but there are so many more members have email addresses nowadays, it is deffo a goer.

Yes Del, it won't improve the racing but would save money which is vital in the modern world for all organisations to maintain cash flow.

Four SNFC races per season, O/B distances to Central Belt

1.First week in June 430 miles (Ypres, Arras).

2.3rd week in June 550 miles (Reims or Rennes alternate years).

3.1st week in July 600 plus with another organisation to assist with costs (Troyes)

4.3rd week in July 500 miles (Roye)

Forget inland Nationals!

When federations get to the 280 mile stage of their programme then the country should be split in 2. East and West with one federation from each area transporting the pigeons, also the same at 350 miles. The facilities are already in place to do this with Lanarkshire and Pentland having the capabilities to transport the pigeons. You would then have a Semi National or an Amalgamation, (call it what you want) for 2 weekends of the season. This can also apply for a young bird race too.

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

I was a fisherman for 26 years and never ever seen a perigan fly over the see ,and certainly never seen one on a boat , there's fisherman on this form here still at sea and be nice ta know if they have seen any , I've fished Faroe , and Iceland , at the lines in

summertime beautiful SKYS at my age now love ta ha a bash at it ?

Walter I was also a fisherman for 22 year and for sure seen em oot at sea !! Remember scratching at the Seine net aboot 50 mile SW o Peterhead and there was een hanging aroon for a day or two it was landing on oot forit mast at nite and also seen on numerous occasions this time o year sparrahaks aswell ! They were hunting the small birds that were migrating remember the top deck being covered in feathers

I lost plenty before the national m8 lol, but thanks. Its been a tough yb season.

Yes Del, we lost plenty at club and national level but the point was John said good returns which wasn't the case in the west but looking at the birdage in the YBN and I think most had poor returns in club races.

Yes Del, we lost plenty at club and national level but the point was John said good returns which wasn't the case in the west but looking at the birdage in the YBN and I think most had poor returns in club races.

See if you send them then be prepared to lose them and I'll say one of the Nat season's in years .you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please them all of the time

Z

Here numb nuts when do you ever go to a National so it’s *expletive removed* all to do wae you

Its not the national, its. Hip hip for the sections, you are no different now, than the up north combine dry yer eyes, and kid your self's on

Must be the silly season again one of the best years the snfc have had with winners all the country and great returns

Yes John with the poorest entries EVER and will only get worse if we don't change. Gold Cup could become Buckingham! expletive remove.

See if you send them then be prepared to lose them and I'll say one of the Nat season's in years .you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please them all of the time

must agree with john m8 and best returns ever for me 10 at ypres all home 3 at gold cup all home and 2 at roye all home dont know how the returns were in the inland nationals i did not send to them or the ybn

I'm not a member, so wouldn't vote, but I think they should both be dropped. Federations should form Combines to go to these places. This would teach pigeons to return to their own general area and would be an ideal step before going to Nationals when they really have to think. The National was set up for the distance. The one drawback is that these races will be money makers, so if they are dropped, be prepared to pay more for overseas racing. :)

I'm not a member, so wouldn't vote, but I think they should both be dropped. Federations should form Combines to go to these places. This would teach pigeons to return to their own general area and would be an ideal step before going to Nationals when they really have to think. The National was set up for the distance. The one drawback is that these races will be money makers, so if they are dropped, be prepared to pay more for overseas racing. :)

I agree with that, Combines make more sense, also will stop our fed racing being dominated by Nationals

As you can see by the poll I put up, a large majority want the inland nationals dropped. Very interesting.

can you not win sections in inland nats? I want them dropped also, so we can stop our fed programme being dominated racing against you guys....keep it to distance racing.....Race across north sea, 500 miles to everyone, bet you wont vote for that :emoticon-0136-giggle:

can you not win sections in inland nats? I want them dropped also, so we can stop our fed programme being dominated racing against you guys....keep it to distance racing.....Race across north sea, 500 miles to everyone, bet you wont vote for that :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Aye, i won my section in both inland nats lol and i would definitely vote for across the north sea. expletive remove, ye think Glasgow is a good bit to flee intae lol. I wanted to fly from Amsterdam many years ago.

Walter I was also a fisherman for 22 year and for sure seen em oot at sea !! Remember scratching at the Seine net aboot 50 mile SW o Peterhead and there was een hanging aroon for a day or two it was landing on oot forit mast at nite and also seen on numerous occasions this time o year sparrahaks aswell ! They were hunting the small birds that were migrating remember the top deck being covered in feathers

What boat was you on at the seine net Chris that's a long time ago since the seine net was on the go , ats afore there was hydrolics ?