Ideas For The Snfc

Delboy

What boat was you on at the seine net Chris that's a long time ago since the seine net was on the go , ats afore there was hydrolics ?

Aye it was a few year ago Walter About 20 year !! the boat was the “Kevarry†PD 203 skippered by Sid McLean and his loon Kevin she was a Sputnik built in Aberdeen I think ?? Scratch in by at the Seine net in winter for round huddicks and pair trawl in summer for e flats oot SW !! Luckily we had hydraulics !! Best boat I was ever on Great crew and great square ups !! Nae thieving !!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it was a few year ago Walter About 20 year !! the boat was the “Kevarry†PD 203 skippered by Sid McLean and his loon Kevin she was a Sputnik built in Aberdeen I think ?? Scratch in by at the Seine net in winter for round huddicks and pair trawl in summer for e flats oot SW !! Luckily we had hydraulics !! Best boat I was ever on Great crew and great square ups !! Nae thieving !!

. The sennet that I was till was stopped in the early 70ties

The problem of dropping the Inland races is that the money made is helping to subsidise the Channel races, it would maybe help if they were dropped from the averages, along with the YB Nat. I voted to drop 1 of them by the way. Also think we should stick to the route we flew this year as the returns were definately better for most folk, and if you want a 600 mile race why not continue down the same line as Ypres and Liege, there must be a suitable racepoint down that line.

find it stunning that there are folks putting forward ideas like not sending result via post to save money but same folks are advocating doing away with the inland nationals. The money taken in this year from the four channel races on birdage was £21,552. Work it out yourselfs guys given drivers wages, licences, Ferry,diesel,hire of marking stations, prize money etc. The club would b running at a loss.

The in land national is needed to subsidise your obsession with "over the channel".

find it stunning that there are folks putting forward ideas like not sending result via post to save money but same folks are advocating doing away with the inland nationals. The money taken in this year from the four channel races on birdage was £21,552. Work it out yourselfs guys given drivers wages, licences, Ferry,diesel,hire of marking stations, prize money etc. The club would b running at a loss.

The in land national is needed to subsidise your obsession with "over the channel".

I put up the suggestion abut sending by email to save postage cost, I never mentioned doing away wother any races.

maybe so, but others did. i just find it incredibly stupid to suggest doing something like this and thus making it that some folks wont get a result, not everyone has access to a computer, especially older members.

Keep the four channell races but also keep the inland races for two reasons, 1. there are flyers who only race up to the inland distances and they have a couple of nationals to race. 2. its the least that can be done for them, fuk there subsidising your channel races.

Everyone is a winner. WHY CHANGE IT. dont go if you dont want to, which most do at the channel races, and go if you want to, which most do at the inland races.

Why da y say everyone's a winner , do y really believe that racing 260 miles is a national , get a life , that's like putting rafingorra , against red rum in the bloody Derby , it's just club racing for god sake if yer birds can't fly 250 miles keep budgies ? 👋ðŸ¼ðŸ‘‹ðŸ¼

Why da y say everyone's a winner , do y really believe that racing 260 miles is a national , get a life , that's like putting rafingorra , against red rum in the bloody Derby , it's just club racing for god sake if yer birds can't fly 250 miles keep budgies ? 👋ðŸ¼ðŸ‘‹ðŸ¼

Everyone is a winner becouse of choice mate, 260miles? not to me or anyone north of me!

Bit selfish there walter.

Everyone a winner also becouse looking at costs and prize money for channel races if you just want those the birdage will be about 30 quid a doo!! You still gonna send, i dont cos channell racing not for me but i send to inland nationals , two fold winner there, 1. i race a national and 2. i help all you channell guys race your national at a decent price. I dont say lts do away with the races that are costing us money, its about accomodating everyone mate.

maybe so, but others did. i just find it incredibly stupid to suggest doing something like this and thus making it that some folks wont get a result, not everyone has access to a computer, especially older members.

Keep the four channell races but also keep the inland races for two reasons, 1. there are flyers who only race up to the inland distances and they have a couple of nationals to race. 2. its the least that can be done for them, fuk there subsidising your channel races.

Everyone is a winner. WHY CHANGE IT. dont go if you dont want to, which most do at the channel races, and go if you want to, which most do at the inland races.

If you read my post you will see that people without internet access were still catered for.