Young Bird Sickness In Pigeons

kingziemckay

i have personally never had ybs,so was wondering what fanciers first steps are with dealing with the illness??as i can not answer this having never had it

how do you go about dealing with it?

atb

I wonder also. Fortunately never having had it .. or my birds lol.

Further I wonder many, many, times These birds that get over it, DO their' youngster still get it?

If so then they answer lies somewhere in their constitutions and poor immunity surely.

Indeed do the same birds get it again?

A quite knowledgeable fancier once said. 'Cocci, going light etc. means many panic and say / fear it's Y/B sickness because Y/B sickness seems all the rage now'!

Food for thought as does Y/B sickness get the blame for much else?

Guest johnhunter

Well I get it every year. Roniduzol in water 5 days and natural yoghurt on a light mix of rice mixed with an energy mix. Earlier caught the better

HONEST MAN

My birds are only now recovering from Y.B.S. after seven days of treatment,I will however carry on with the treatment for a few days yet.I had y.b.s.4 years ago and with help from a fellow fancier they began to pick up after a couple of days what I found this time is it came virtually overnight ok on thursday night feed,went to the loft on friday morning seed every where,green slimey droppings put on treatment the same day but it seamed to be a stronger version of Y.B.S.I had heard that fanciers that had it earlier were finding birds were dying from this,I have also experienced this with 3 dying and me destroying 2..........it has been 1 helava week but the birds are looking good after seven days....has any other members found that Y.B.S.is becoming stronger like it has mutated with some other stronger virus...JBC/...

My birds are only now recovering from Y.B.S. after seven days of treatment,I will however carry on with the treatment for a few days yet.I had y.b.s.4 years ago and with help from a fellow fancier they began to pick up after a couple of days what I found this time is it came virtually overnight ok on thursday night feed,went to the loft on friday morning seed every where,green slimey droppings put on treatment the same day but it seamed to be a stronger version of Y.B.S.I had heard that fanciers that had it earlier were finding birds were dying from this,I have also experienced this with 3 dying and me destroying 2..........it has been 1 helava week but the birds are looking good after seven days....has any other members found that Y.B.S.is becoming stronger like it has mutated with some other stronger virus...JBC/...

Some years we get it in worse than others. This year was quite mild compared to the last few. I have never had them die but that's because of culling early

I had same problem with mine.Had them at first race then next day knew something was wrong.They wouldn't fly any length of time and a few were sick and retainging food in their crops also some with spongy crops as they were full of water.I treated for 7 days with Harkers Adenoplus after which I sent dropping samples and crop swabs to De Weerdt which came back as slight Cocci and slight Canker which I treated for.The pigeons are looking 100% better but I feel its to late to try and train them for anymore races as we only have one race left.

Twice you stressed you've never had YBS in yer opening post ?? That says it all !!

I THINK YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER

JUST MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND WHAT THIS LAD HAS OR HAS NOT

I CAN PUT YOU STRAGHT IN THIS MATTER HE HAS NEVER HAD IT

IN ALL THE TIME HE HAS KEPT PIGEONS OF ANY KIND SO UNLESS

YOU CAN PROVE IT PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT AND DONT JUST

ASSUME HE HAS HAD IT HE HAS ASKED A SIMPLE QWESTION

WHICH MIGHT HELP OTHERS ON HERE

ATB KEV :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Well I get it every year. Roniduzol in water 5 days and natural yoghurt on a light mix of rice mixed with an energy mix. Earlier caught the better

thank you for being honest!!

thank you for being honest!!

maybe your a expert on how to get it??maybe you have a lot to say about it so am waiting??

Not afraid to say Iv had it in the past !! 3 year in a row to be exact but not for the last 2 year !! What did I do different ?? Absolutely sweet FA !! If I was ask any advice on how to treat it my answer would be to DONT !! Just no food for 24 hrs then let them get over it !!

I THINK YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER

JUST MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND WHAT THIS LAD HAS OR HAS NOT

I CAN PUT YOU STRAGHT IN THIS MATTER HE HAS NEVER HAD IT

IN ALL THE TIME HE HAS KEPT PIGEONS OF ANY KIND SO UNLESS

YOU CAN PROVE IT PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT AND DONT JUST

ASSUME HE HAS HAD IT HE HAS ASKED A SIMPLE QWESTION

WHICH MIGHT HELP OTHERS ON HERE

ATB KEV :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Don't really give two F&cks what ye think :wacko:

Look it up online type in how to treat yb sickness you see it there, it also dose work too clrears up in 30 hrs

IMO no virus will clear up that quick ,i think you cure the symptoms and the bird is on its way to recovery but the viral infection takes time and the bird takes a little patience and time to recover ,this treat one week and race the next leaves room for spreading problem.

IMO no virus will clear up that quick ,i think you cure the symptoms and the bird is on its way to recovery but the viral infection takes time and the bird takes a little patience and time to recover ,this treat one week and race the next leaves room for spreading problem.

Thats what i thought too phil was looking at cures for it and found that on web from a vet but it sounds to good to be true, every bird has viruses in there genetics atb kenny