Strathclyde Amalgamation

Paul Mac 31

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geo, ignore the sh... 99/100 want this to happen

Agree Del would be a great thing but Lanarkshire Fed members cant agree on anything what chance have you got adding another 3 organisations into the equation.not being negative just realistic sadly

Agree Del would be a great thing but Lanarkshire Fed members cant agree on anything what chance have you got adding another 3 organisations into the equation.not being negative just realistic sadly

I know what ye mean Vinnie but it's time to build bridges, stop the P***, and try and move the sport forward. You are the same as me regards the Snfc inland nationals, the Snfc should be for channel races and if we establish the Amalgamation again, it would give us all we want and need at inland racing.Its all positive imo

Seems to me this is somebody trying to be positive and create a more united organisation of our hobby which is what is required.

Without trying new ideas like this and sweeping away the old bias and thinking the sport will certainly continue its downward spiral.

As with all change some will resist but if we still want to be racing in years to come this is a s good a way as any to kickstart a change.

Are there any guys in the other Feds on here who can help draft a proposal for their fed meetings to put Pauls idea on their agenda ?

Get the proposal for Lanarkshire fed drawn up with the back-up finance info and put it in as a proposal. Also send it to all the clubs to get their opinion/buy in so the doom moungers aren't the only voices heard.

It's our sport and we need to act to save it.

Paul, I am willing to help in any way ?

Cheers

Lets get the paperwork drawen up and submitted to the Federations... this requires its on meeting well before race program meetings..

5/6 inland races a year is good for all concerned imo..

Paul im sure there was meetings last year about this and all seemed positive about it but each fed race program meeting scuppered all the ground work especially the suicide bombers in lanarkshire under cover as the pet shop boys (go west )

How many Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and Glasgow guys are on this site and only a few have gave their opinion on this thread.

We are in i'll back it 100% but i also like the idea of having a few any age races instead of the comebacks at the tail end of the old bird season

As I stated on here a few weeks back , I have not raced for the last 3 years .

I think this idea of Feds going together is only way forward , it used to be the biggest expense in doo racing was the cost of getting the doos to the race point ,transporters running down the road side by side , only to end up at the same race point , all half full.......at best.

Now it seems to be the doos are the expense.....we can't afford to keep accepting these losses .....do nothing ..and nothing will change.

Although I am in Fife ,still think it's a great forward piece of thinking for the doo game .

In all my years in the doo game , over 45years, the only forward piece of thinking was the east of Scotland amalgamation, which I think we had just over 11000 doos at a race......the one and only time in my life I competed against so much doos.

How many guys on the East of Scotland can say that ...apart from the Amal?

Beat of luck guys ,it will be hard work believe me, I was in at the start of negotiations in fife ,so much negativity its unreal .

But we proved it could work

Stick with it.

2016 yb

1. 3626 birds 155 members

2. 5485 birds 201 members

3. 5475 birds 190 members

4. 4381 birds 165 members

Total of 18,967 birds Entered

Average amount of members sent 177

2017 yb

1. 3287 birds 131 members

2. 2073 birds 105 members