Garden Birds

showman

Have been keeping the feeding station well topped up,and it's located in a position where I can sit in the kitchen and watch the birds comings and goings. Have noticed the lack visitors to the station, which is usually pretty busy ! Sparrows are the most common, Starlings....none, Blue Tits....literally 1 or 2, Robin....1 (normal), Chaffinch....0, Magpie.....1or2, Wagtails....0. Is it just here, or are others noticing a drop in numbers ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been keeping the feeding station well topped up,and it's located in a position where I can sit in the kitchen and watch the birds comings and goings. Have noticed the lack visitors to the station, which is usually pretty busy ! Sparrows are the most common, Starlings....none, Blue Tits....literally 1 or 2, Robin....1 (normal), Chaffinch....0, Magpie.....1or2, Wagtails....0. Is it just here, or are others noticing a drop in numbers ?

Pleased to say quite a few going about this morning - blackbirds,blue tits, chaffinch, robin, gold finch and lots of magpies.

Never seem to see song thrushes now ?

I've stopped feeding them for the time being it was costing me a fkn fortune I have four feeders two with sunflower hearts and two with niger seed I was getting flocks of at least 70 to 80 goldfinches at at a time plus a few greenfinches chaffys great tits coal tits plus the usual blue tits plus street pigeons by the dozen which were hoovering up the seeds that the wee birds were dropping fkn menace they street pigeons.

I've stopped feeding them for the time being it was costing me a fkn fortune I have four feeders two with sunflower hearts and two with niger seed I was getting flocks of at least 70 to 80 goldfinches at at a time plus a few greenfinches chaffys great tits coal tits plus the usual blue tits plus street pigeons by the dozen which were hoovering up the seeds that the wee birds were dropping fkn menace they street pigeons.

Wow , that's a great collection of 'Goldies' !

Blue tits great tits street ears black birds crows magpies wrens wood pigeons starlings the odd visit from the wood pecker and the sparrow hawk I've even had the sea gulls steeling my fish from the pond in the past I always have a good selection of food out for them canny beat sitting watching them all taking their turn at the dinner table as well as the feeders and table I scatter some grain and meal worm on the ground for the wrens and robins

Full of info this place tonight lol I always thought it was the wren until last X as holidays when I was sheltering under the conifers at our yard and this little thing started dancing about the branches only a few feet away from me not a bit scared at all promoting me to look it up and it was the gold crest the yard is surrounded by trees and is a safe ish haven for the birds amongst many we get the gold crest from Europe and the swallow from Africa quite amazing in my opinion.

Blue tits great tits street ears black birds crows magpies wrens wood pigeons starlings the odd visit from the wood pecker and the sparrow hawk I've even had the sea gulls steeling my fish from the pond in the past I always have a good selection of food out for them canny beat sitting watching them all taking their turn at the dinner table as well as the feeders and table I scatter some grain and meal worm on the ground for the wrens and robins

A Woodpecker in the garden.....WOW Brilliant !!

Seen a thrush in a hawthorn tree today in the garden, that's the first for umpteen years, got a robin that's always there but otherwise a couple of blackies, stuckies, sparras, craws, jackdaws, magpies, cushies, and seagulls, and of course the sparrow hawk at times

Seen a thrush in a hawthorn tree today in the garden, that's the first for umpteen years, got a robin that's always there but otherwise a couple of blackies, stuckies, sparras, craws, jackdaws, magpies, cushies, and seagulls, and of course the sparrow hawk at times

need to get yourself a couple of feeders Davie one for sunflower hearts and one for niger seed and you'll get the wee birds in there droves.