• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50% of my roof is clear perspex

Put a loft up for a fancier in a town you no very well last year

Was down last Saturday looking at something

The sun was shining but it was Baltic

All doors and windows were upvc double glazed the stock birds are down to nest and when stepping inside it felt like the med

Appreciate where your coming from

Atb mick

Put a loft up for a fancier in a town you no very well last year

Was down last Saturday looking at something

The sun was shining but it was Baltic

All doors and windows were upvc double glazed the stock birds are down to nest and when stepping inside it felt like the med

Appreciate where your coming from

Atb mick

cant beat it mick. and they cant get that out a bottle

in my loft. its clean feed/water. good ventilation is important. but most important is natural heat.

my birds are worked round the loft only. and never trained, old birds or young birds.

my thoughts is most people think winners come out a bottle or training all the time. and i know thats the worst thing you can do.

Thanks for that Davie. I should have been worried with your birds now in Ayrshire. Thank goodness I have jumped ship.

So, as you see , im not the only one practising along the lines of little to no supplements used with an emphasis on plenty of good clean feed/water . Its funny what Davy says about the heat in the loft as my own lofts ( haven't Perspex on the roof ) but are quite warm inside.I never get a frozen drinker in the winter with the way my set up is.

You know, and Da12, I have no problem with you or your thoughts let alone how to think and keep pigeons etc. If there was ever a sport of diversity then our sport must rank high.

But a simple honesty and reality is such that too many are gullible via 'Names' and P.R advertising. We see it every day in all walks of life, and our sport is no different. Where there is money eh!.

Bottle water / spring water contains more salt and sugar and much than any daily use. Tap water if far better and safer.

Energy drinker proven time and time again a myth... In fact the proven it does nothing. Tap water is far far better and more beneficial. Google it1

You see it on TV programmes often.... yet turn a blind eye.

We place oil on feed to help camouflage unnatural stuff that is no more than a pseudo myth relating to human's term.

Oil is more than ample when derived from the grain seeds etc. that they eat naturally.

A cup when brimful can't hold any more, it is passed through.

We hear of Oxalating the water when filling the drinkers, but obviously can't get into the blood stream... if it did the bird would die any way.

Spinach, rhubarb, Water cress etc. is full od iron. Well check it out. Carrot juice is far better.

If one wants to impart this time of year take the by products of Jam. Elderberries, Rose Hips, Apples, Blackberries Mountain Rowen etc. and you will have every good ingredients for Vitamins, and minerals you need... chuck a lemon or grapefruit in for good measure.

Indeed freeze a lemon and then peel and grate it into the drinkers. Full of minerals etc.

Anti biotics are but a poison which works by poison.

A typical farce indulged in every day for an example ids our Margarine.

We are the only creatures on earth that will eat it. Dogs etc. spurn it. Flies won't even land on it.

It was created for want of a better word to feed turkeys. It is the waste product of oil and is only on module away from plastic. Indeed is a form.

When they found Turkeys wouldn't touch it... no matter how hungry they had to find another sauce, something / someone gullible... Man lol. As for all the wonder in it... well quite simply it can only contain what is injected into it.

Google Margarine Plastic etc.

How does one reduce fat in these wonderful foods... by halving the main ingredient and adding twice as much water or such.

You can't take fat out of anything, likewise this cholesterol etc. But we pay twice as much for far less?

the loaf of bread used to be the staff of life. Not any more. Not since 1955 when we - under the pretence of feeding the hungry - they force grew ten times as much from the same root etc. Profit. But then couldn't sale much because when you held it, it sunk and showed there was no substance - good for beasties eh!. So the came out with the 'Tweak of Freshness'. Shopper still 'tweak it' 60 years later... even if it is at least three weeks old often. Now super markets bake on site. But the only wheat any good is a speciality from Canada... quite pricey.

The way my racing loft is designed no water can enter regardless of weather

I removed the sliding polycarbonate under landing full length during winter because with building new stock loft ,stock birds increased numbers in racing loft hence more airflow,once stock are back in new loft polycarbonate will be replaced for various reasons

As I only breed off stock at present I have found that racing cocks celibate they perform well without use off black or pink minerals and they never get grit either ,stock never get grit or minerals during winter months birds are all in excellent condition

Sure all the things I have tried through the years have just been fads or a waste of money for better use of the English language lol

Everyone to their own at this game

Sure the top lofts have the one thing in common ,Better Pigeons

You know, and Da12, I have no problem with you or your thoughts let alone how to think and keep pigeons etc. If there was ever a sport of diversity then our sport must rank high.

But a simple honesty and reality is such that too many are gullible via 'Names' and P.R advertising. We see it every day in all walks of life, and our sport is no different. Where there is money eh!.

Bottle water / spring water contains more salt and sugar and much than any daily use. Tap water if far better and safer.

Energy drinker proven time and time again a myth... In fact the proven it does nothing. Tap water is far far better and more beneficial. Google it1

You see it on TV programmes often.... yet turn a blind eye.

We place oil on feed to help camouflage unnatural stuff that is no more than a pseudo myth relating to human's term.

Oil is more than ample when derived from the grain seeds etc. that they eat naturally.

A cup when brimful can't hold any more, it is passed through.

We hear of Oxalating the water when filling the drinkers, but obviously can't get into the blood stream... if it did the bird would die any way.

Spinach, rhubarb, Water cress etc. is full od iron. Well check it out. Carrot juice is far better.

If one wants to impart this time of year take the by products of Jam. Elderberries, Rose Hips, Apples, Blackberries Mountain Rowen etc. and you will have every good ingredients for Vitamins, and minerals you need... chuck a lemon or grapefruit in for good measure.

Indeed freeze a lemon and then peel and grate it into the drinkers. Full of minerals etc.

Anti biotics are but a poison which works by poison.

A typical farce indulged in every day for an example ids our Margarine.

We are the only creatures on earth that will eat it. Dogs etc. spurn it. Flies won't even land on it.

It was created for want of a better word to feed turkeys. It is the waste product of oil and is only on module away from plastic. Indeed is a form.

When they found Turkeys wouldn't touch it... no matter how hungry they had to find another sauce, something / someone gullible... Man lol. As for all the wonder in it... well quite simply it can only contain what is injected into it.

Google Margarine Plastic etc.

How does one reduce fat in these wonderful foods... by halving the main ingredient and adding twice as much water or such.

You can't take fat out of anything, likewise this cholesterol etc. But we pay twice as much for far less?

the loaf of bread used to be the staff of life. Not any more. Not since 1955 when we - under the pretence of feeding the hungry - they force grew ten times as much from the same root etc. Profit. But then couldn't sale much because when you held it, it sunk and showed there was no substance - good for beasties eh!. So the came out with the 'Tweak of Freshness'. Shopper still 'tweak it' 60 years later... even if it is at least three weeks old often. Now super markets bake on site. But the only wheat any good is a speciality from Canada... quite pricey.

I am definetly no expert in this field, but a little analogy,

I used to be a keen Angler and one day in the angling superstore in Glasgow I asked an assistant after looking around the many thousands of items what aparticular lure was designed to catch? his reply YOU.

seems now with all the Potions etc available the same applies in Pigeon Racing.

Some top fliers/liars on this site :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Of course there is no substitute for good pigeons well managed,but did the top fanciers of yesteryear even just use clean water,clean food,grit and ventilation?

Agree there are some overpriced products out there that may well be a waste of money, but I'm sure not all the products on the market are bad. Is there owt wrong with using supplements sensibly? I don't think so. Surely it's just trying to give/do the best for your pigeons?

Guest johnhunter

Some top fliers/liars on this site :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Of course there is no substitute for good pigeons well managed,but did the top fanciers of yesteryear even just use clean water,clean food,grit and ventilation?

Agree there are some overpriced products out there that may well be a waste of money, but I'm sure not all the products on the market are bad. Is there owt wrong with using supplements sensibly? I don't think so. Surely it's just trying to give/do the best for your pigeons?

yes is the answer for your first question

Guest johnhunter

I am definetly no expert in this field, but a little analogy,

I used to be a keen Angler and one day in the angling superstore in Glasgow I asked an assistant after looking around the many thousands of items what aparticular lure was designed to catch? his reply YOU.

seems now with all the Potions etc available the same applies in Pigeon Racing.

bibendium you have hit the nail right on the head,a fool and his money is easy parted

well smart *expletive removed* ,what do you suggest they were using

Funny you should ask, as in the house I have a book "The Homing Pigeon Annual-1913", 103 years old and there isn't any less adverts in it for supplements than this year's stud book. I've read a few of the articles in it as well and many of them were using codliver oil(not clean feed), Epsomulsion Capsules-what's that?,sulphate of soda(not clean water) etc. one of them even discovered that youngsters on the wing in February didn't moult as quickly as those hatched in April-some right clever c * nts back then.

I'll look through the book this evening and find more of the things they added to the water and put on the food 103years ago, as the ones mentioned are just from memory.